PDA

View Full Version : Eircom League Weekly

biscuit
08/08/2007, 8:34 AM
Did anyone notice how big a simpleton cantwell is??
after spending about 8-10 mins last night talking about the derry citty - shams game, he announces that "we'll see how shams and derry got on" i dont think he even realised he'd made the mistake...pillock!
but, besides that, i thought it was a decent enough show!
I honestly don't thinkPaddy has a clue though sometimes, he just seems to sasy the same things every week. Has he a real interest in the LOI?

DeNiro
08/08/2007, 8:53 AM
I'd love to see Tom on that show. He'd tell it as it is(and isn't) for sure.:D

BrayUnknowns
08/08/2007, 9:02 AM
Can't fr the life of me understand why they don't get eL journos on the show, the likes of Dan McDonnell from the indo would be a great addition, actually anyone whocan speak properly would be a great addition!

De Town
08/08/2007, 9:20 AM
A lot of mistakes last night I thought, including calling us Longford United :rolleyes:

bellavistaman
08/08/2007, 9:26 AM
A lot of mistakes last night I thought, including calling us Longford United :rolleyes:

ah the didnt i didnt pick up on that, if they did its a disgrace.. thought they were very harsh on the ref in derry rovers game.

Jofspring
08/08/2007, 9:29 AM
actually anyone who can speak properly would be a great addition!

ain't that the truth :D

Jerry The Saint
08/08/2007, 9:36 AM
Did anyone notice how big a simpleton cantwell is??

Welch you mean? Or was that a deliberate TV3 style mistake? :) It's amazing how often they get the simple things wrong - my theory is that the production team are all on drugs and just throw the thing together at the last minute. Just bizarre stuff - did you notice at the very start, while Trev was previewing the games, none of the footage shown matched the teams he was talking about:confused:

They've started to put a bit more structure to it and now seem to show most Premier games every week so it is improving. The constant errors are beyond a joke though - the obvious thing to point out is that they wouldn't be allowed to get away with it if they were covering English football.

Having said that, it was good to see that John Robertson has gone native already. Its about time someone spoke out against Alan Kelly's despicable pro-Dublin bias...

bigmac
08/08/2007, 10:15 AM
thought they were very harsh on the ref in derry rovers game.

I don't know, for my money he looked like he lost control of the game for a bit. The first challenge was a definite yellow, but I thought the second one was worse and no card was given. I thought that it was going to boil over after that, especially with the straight red - maybe slightly harsh but I don't think he was ever going for the ball.

bellavistaman
08/08/2007, 10:21 AM
thought the red was a correct decision, though the first yellow was fair, couldnt believe nothing was given for the second tackle. 2 ouot of 3 aint bad for EL refs.

BTW i hate Pat Scully nearly as much as i do Dermot Keely. He comes across as some arrogant ******* always did.

alansmithccfc
08/08/2007, 10:22 AM
Tg4 put them to shame

Sheridan
08/08/2007, 10:26 AM
They don't really though, do they? All the major channel's live coverage is quite good. Des Curran on Setanta is easily the best and most knowledgeable commentator on any channel. TG4's comms are good but that ****king GOON Richie ruins the entire show. How the hell did he get that gig?

bellavistaman
08/08/2007, 10:28 AM
They don't really though, do they? All the major channel's live coverage is quite good. Des Curran on Setanta is easily the best and most knowledgeable commentator on any channel. TG4's comms are good but that ****king GOON Richie ruins the entire show. How the hell did he get that gig?

TG4 is easier to understand anyway, and my irish is ****e:D

alansmithccfc
08/08/2007, 10:33 AM

production wise though tg4 lose them and I thought the way that they put alot of focus on the irish teams when that english crowd came over was very good, tbh I havent seen a game on rte in ages but in comparison to tg4 and the last time I watched rte coverage tg4 was much better.
I dont subscribe to setanta aswell so dont get to see much of that
Tv3 is definitley the worst station , production is awful, pundits are awful its just plain awful

:D

Jerry The Saint
08/08/2007, 11:57 AM
BTW i hate Pat Scully nearly as much as i do Dermot Keely. He comes across as some arrogant ******* always did.

Parrot Scully has only been trained to say a few words so he just keeps repeating

I thought we were the better team, I thought we were the better team,

Listen out for it next time. :)

Rory H
08/08/2007, 12:01 PM
There must have been a good few e mails from sligo fans about how we barely got a mention when beating Shams last week because they made a point about being accused of bias towards dublin teams. good of them to listen. Now all we have to do is point out the other 20 things wrong with the show

life long red
08/08/2007, 12:04 PM
rory h u should be on e w

bellavistaman
08/08/2007, 12:09 PM
they should extend it by 15 mins and show the top 4 teams in first divions games. To be fair the prem looks like it could be a walkaway where the first division title could go to 4 and has been far more entertaining and ups and downs all year.

life long red
08/08/2007, 12:31 PM
they should extend it by 15 mins and show the top 4 teams in first divions games. To be fair the prem looks like it could be a walkaway where the first division title could go to 4 and has been far more entertaining and ups and downs all year. they showed at lot of first divions last year

bellavistaman
08/08/2007, 12:41 PM
they showed at lot of first divions last year

Scully. thats all i say.

life long red
08/08/2007, 12:46 PM
did you hear scully on t.v last nite he must think shams ar the only team that can play football

reder
08/08/2007, 12:57 PM
I think it is improving over time and I watch it regularly.

It is nowhere near as infuriating as the moron on TG4. Shamrock rovers were playing Sligo the other week. After the game they were doing interviews with the managers.

As the Paul Cook approached, the gimp who was going to attempt to interview him suddenly started off going "Calm down, calm down" Harry Enfield style.

If TV3 improved the panel, better speakers on the topic I mean and spent a little bit more time covering the game then it would be a good as possible considering the time slot.

sfc red
08/08/2007, 12:58 PM
rory h u should be on e w

Well said son. POTM right there.

Flexy
08/08/2007, 1:07 PM
Having said that, it was good to see that John Robertson has gone native already. Its about time someone spoke out against Alan Kelly's despicable pro-Dublin bias...
Robertson was right, as was Richardson a few weeks back, its about time someone stood up to the bias refs show towards teams playing in Dublin. Kelly's an idiot as all the others, he sent McCafferty off with a straight red against Pats a few weeks back and now Hargan against Rovers. But they won't produce a red if a similar challenge is made by the Home team.

Jofspring
08/08/2007, 1:15 PM
There must have been a good few e mails from sligo fans about how we barely got a mention when beating Shams last week because they made a point about being accused of bias towards dublin teams. good of them to listen. Now all we have to do is point out the other 20 things wrong with the show

did you notice the sarcastic way they mentioned about people complaining about them being dublin biased. they metioned it a few times as if to say, there are you happy now, now shut up complaining..........
Its the impression i got anyway.

Raheny Red
08/08/2007, 1:16 PM
eLW 7th August Part One (http://rapidshare.com/files/47704383/7th_August_eLW_Part_1.flv)

eLW 7th August Part Two (http://rapidshare.com/files/47704167/7th_August_eLW_Part_2.flv)

life long red
08/08/2007, 1:20 PM
did you notice the sarcastic way they mentioned about people complaining about them being dublin biased. they metioned it a few times as if to say, there are you happy now, now shut up complaining..........
Its the impression i got anyway.
put eircom weekly on t.g.4

Jofspring
08/08/2007, 1:24 PM
put eircom weekly on t.g.4

with some pundits that actually have a bit of a personality, are willing to actually talk about the league and know what they are talking about.

i'm sure it couldn't be that hard to find someone like that.

life long red
08/08/2007, 1:28 PM
with some pundits that actually have a bit of a personality, are willing to actually talk about the league and know what they are talking about.

i'm sure it couldn't be that hard to find someone like that.
thank god scully is not on eircom weekly anymore:ball:

Jerry The Saint
08/08/2007, 1:32 PM
As the Paul Cook approached, the gimp who was going to attempt to interview him suddenly started off going "Calm down, calm down" Harry Enfield style.

What about his interview with Keane?

As you'd say yourself Roy, all credit TOOO Sunderland!

Brave man. :eek:

Robertson was right, as was Richardson a few weeks back, its about time someone stood up to the bias refs show towards teams playing in Dublin.

Yes, it's long overdue - nobody from a provincial team has ever complained about this before now. It's the non-Dublin refs like Kelly that are the worst offenders - they only do it to try and impress their superiors from the capital.

Jofspring
08/08/2007, 1:33 PM
thank god scully is not on eircom weekly anymore:ball:

:eek: oh no tv3 might see that comment and bring him back just to **** off the majority of foot.ie :D

el punter
08/08/2007, 9:26 PM
Scully was a million miles better than Osam, until he was gagged by the Merrion Sq Stasi.

I dont know how anyone thinks this programme is getting better. A bunch of transition year students with nothing but a laptop and a few mobile phones could put together a better effort.

It's scripted, edited and produced by people who are either completely incompetent or completely disinterested. This is strange because Trevor Welch seems to be a genuine Cork City fan.

kkontour
08/08/2007, 10:04 PM
Scully was a million miles better than Osam, until he was gagged by the Merrion Sq Stasi.

Would anyone even notice if Osam was not there.
TV3 could save a few quid by just replaying Paul Osams comments from any episode.
"Ah yeah, they did well. Cant see them been relagated. Will be there or there abouts."
Or maybe they do:confused:

Raheny Red
16/08/2007, 9:30 AM
13th August Part One (http://rapidshare.com/files/49304708/13th_Aug_eLW_Part_One.flv)

13th August Part Two (http://rapidshare.com/files/49304623/13th_Aug_eLW_Part_Two.flv)

Maroon 7
16/08/2007, 12:33 PM

Is that Richie guy the fella that does the pitchside interviews? If it is as a fluent Irish speaker I agree he is absolutely useless. Doesn't seem to have a clue about what's going on.

NY Hoop
16/08/2007, 1:47 PM
At least all the premier games were shown this week. That should be mandatory.

KOH