PDA

View Full Version : Irish Abroad - The Site!

tetsujin1979
06/08/2007, 3:40 PM
Since the end of last season I've been working on the data gathered from the Irish Abroad thread, and it's more or less ready to go.
But before it does, I need some feedback.
You can check the work to date out here: http://www.chatsoccer.net:8080/irishabroad/

A few people have had a look at it so far, and I'll be adding in their suggestions over the next few days
Some of the suggestions include
full domain name - this is in progress splash page - in progress RSS Feed - planned top 5 scorers, booked players, etc list - planned search box - probably not, unless there's a massive demand

I know some of the pages are slow to load, and we're going to work on that in the near future, at the moment we're only looking for feedback on the look and feel of the site, as well as any further suggestions for statistics we can add. Also if you notice any players listed at the wrong club, please inform me and I'll update it immediately

At the moment the site is filled with data from the 2006/2007 season, but from this weekend on it will be replaced with data from the new season

For the technically minded the site is a collection of XQuery scripts running on an XML document, but we hope to convert to JSP + J2EE Servlet + MySQL backend in time to improve the speed

cavan_fan
06/08/2007, 4:03 PM
Good site

You say you are going to replace with new season stats, are you still going to make 2006/7 available too? It would be good to be able to see either by season or all matches since start of 2006.

Any chance of putting in International Details, e.g. Caps?

An ability to search by e.g. number of apperances, club played for or position would also be good.

DmanDmythDledge
06/08/2007, 4:07 PM
Maybe show how many goals scored as a substitute?

dr_peepee
06/08/2007, 4:14 PM
For the technically minded the site is a collection of XQuery scripts running on an XML document, but we hope to convert to JSP + J2EE Servlet + MySQL backend in time to improve the speed

Next time explain that using some hand puppets and a story...

It's quality work by the way! Nice one!

eirebhoy
06/08/2007, 8:54 PM
An ability to search by e.g. number of apperances, club played for or position would also be good.
I'm actually almost finished a wetpaint site which will have all that info. Tets site is very good though and a lot more in-depth. I'm hoping the wetpaint site will expand to contain a load of info on Irish international football. I started it months ago and have worked on it for about 3 or 4 days. :D

theworm2345
06/08/2007, 9:25 PM
Well done, perhaps we can get some international stats up too

co. down green
06/08/2007, 9:26 PM
Great stuff Tets.

You provide some great info. & its a great read

A few pics would be nice.

tetsujin1979
06/08/2007, 9:26 PM
Good siteCheers

You say you are going to replace with new season stats, are you still going to make 2006/7 available too? It would be good to be able to see either by season or all matches since start of 2006.Probably, but not until after we make the switch from XML to SQL, XML is far too slow to handle that amount of data
Any chance of putting in International Details, e.g. Caps?Sure, added to the list of things to do
An ability to search by e.g. number of apperances, club played for or position would also be good.Club Played for comes under the Team Details or Competition Details tabs, take your pick
Positions comes under Postition Details
Maybe show how many goals scored as a substitute?already there
Click Player Details -> Season Details
Goals are listed under Starting Substitute Statistics
e.g. Robbie Keane: http://www.chatsoccer.net:8080/irishabroad/playerStats.xquery?playerID=11957
1 goal at home, and 1 away from home after coming off the bench

Next time explain that using some hand puppets and a story...Will do, it'll start with Mr Punch deciding he wants some sausages, but the only way he'll be able to get some is to steal them using XML, Kawa and XQuery....
It's quality work by the way! Nice one!
Thanks Dr.

tetsujin1979
06/08/2007, 10:39 PM
Great stuff Tets.

You provide some great info. & its a great read

A few pics would be nice.
Cheers

Headshots and club logos to follow.

eirebhoy
07/08/2007, 12:01 AM
Headshots and club logos to follow.
Jaysus. My wetpaint site might get 2 or 3 hits this year. :D I'll see how it goes for a few months anyway but I think the only thing I'll have of interest now is assist stats. That's just one stat I'd like to know but it means I have to go through most English match reports.

Stuttgart88
07/08/2007, 8:59 AM
Great job Tets.

tetsujin1979
07/08/2007, 4:10 PM
slight change to the URL, it's now available at http://www.chatsoccer.net/ with a funky new splash screen
Update any bookmarks you may have

geysir
07/08/2007, 8:27 PM
Good work Tets.
Thats a good team picture, even O'Shea looks mean.
The names are a bit out. but maybe they are not supposed to match

soccerc
07/08/2007, 9:07 PM
Good work Tets.
Thats a good team picture, even O'Shea looks mean.
The names are a bit out. but maybe they are not supposed to match

Names are not meant to match and really have nothing to do with the photo.

co. down green
07/08/2007, 10:04 PM
Tets

Have added it to links page

http://oneteaminireland.bravehost.com/LINKS.html

tetsujin1979
07/08/2007, 10:23 PM
Tets

Have added it to links page

http://oneteaminireland.bravehost.com/LINKS.html

Cheers, I'll be adding a links page, and I'll return the favor