PDA

View Full Version : Kildare County friendly

pineapple stu
02/04/2003, 12:49 PM
We lost 2-1 yesterday (for those who weren't there, which isn't that many!). 0-0 at half time, when we changed out entire team. Kildare quickly went 2-0 up through Richie Purdy (who's left us) and Whelehan, before Robbie Mac took down a Hugh Davey free and slotted home.

Can't take much from it, except that Barry Andrews let in what looked like a tame enough free-kick. Robbie Griffin played the second half, but didn't get much of the ball.

UCD - Jennings, Mahon, D Ryan, Sullivan, McDonnell, J. Martin, McNally, Cawley, R. Martin, Gallen, Whelan.

Robbie Mac, Barry Andrews, Robbie Griffin, Hugh Davey and Seán Finn all played the second half, along with a team mostly of sprogs who I'd never heard of. (No offence!!!)

pineapple stu
02/04/2003, 12:49 PM
Oh, and we also beat FC Marsa of Malta while on tour 2-0, with goals from Alans Cawley and Gallen.

Schumi
02/04/2003, 3:12 PM
It was a $hit game on a $hit pitch in front of a $hit crowd.

UCD_4_Life
02/04/2003, 6:00 PM
I'm a bit worried about Purdie having gone. I mean we're not looking as strong as we did last year.

We've lost Bazza, Doyler, Clive and Richie (all solid to excellent) and we've only brought in Baz Andrews(Who probably won't play a lot), Robbie Griffin and Derek McGrath. McGrath and Andrews are both relative unknowns and I'm not sure what to expect from Griffin.

Hopefully we'll get at least three or four in at the end of the English season.

John83
02/04/2003, 6:41 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
I'm a bit worried about Purdie having gone. I mean we're not looking as strong as we did last year.

When and where did Purdy go?

UCD_4_Life
02/04/2003, 6:59 PM
Originally posted by John83
When and where did Purdy go?

To Kildare County. He scored against us, apparently.

pineapple stu
02/04/2003, 10:33 PM
He left in the summer alright. Also, the Derek McGrath signing isn't true - he never signed for us.

UCD_4_Life
02/04/2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
He left in the summer alright. Also, the Derek McGrath signing isn't true - he never signed for us.

Well that sucks goats.

So we've only signed one player who'll be of value after losing four.

@ndy
03/04/2003, 9:53 AM
To quote doolin on the radio on Monday 'Actually, i'm quite happy with the squad i have at the moment. I think it's very strong'

Schumi
03/04/2003, 12:00 PM
The thing about that is that the likes of Cawley, Davy and Sullivan should be stronger than last season so the team may not be as weakened as it would first appear.