PDA

View Full Version : Experiment in Sligo

Poor Student
05/08/2007, 7:20 AM
I heard about it before but it's in the Irish Mail on Sunday today. Noel Mooney is helping Sligo promote their next home game against Bray to see what happens. The FAI will be going the whole hog with advertisement saturation in the locality to see if a random run of the mill fixture like Sligo v Bray can draw a crowd with full effort. Given that the fixture coincides with some great results for Sligo it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

red bellied
05/08/2007, 11:05 AM
Would of expected a least 2000 for this one, so we will see what Mooney can get on top of that.

Poor Student
05/08/2007, 11:40 AM
Isn't the reason he's coming in the first place that your attendances were well below expectations? Have they bounced back since?

red bellied
05/08/2007, 11:53 AM
Rovers on a good run and the standard of football has increased the attendances recently. Still compared to Rovers last stint in the Premier the crowds are very poor especially when the team is doing so well. The changing of the Winter season to Summer hasnt done any favours.

Rory H
05/08/2007, 5:50 PM
Posters in town about the bray game already. i think 3000 could be the attendance saturday. Blue stand needs to be rocking before the game

Red&White Rover
05/08/2007, 5:58 PM
Posters in town about the bray game already. i think 3000 could be the attendance saturday. Blue stand needs to be rocking before the game

Down early for it Rory?

Rory H
05/08/2007, 6:00 PM
7.20 i think. Must do something extra to mark the occasion, dont know what yet

Red&White Rover
05/08/2007, 7:42 PM
7.20 i think. Must do something extra to mark the occasion, dont know what yet

Confetti? Beach balls? Connor Out poster?;)

feo123
05/08/2007, 8:54 PM
should we put red flyers in the first half of the stand on every seat, and white ones in the second half on every seat and get evrybody to lift them when the teams are coming out, get the ELW camera to go out on the pitch and record it being done? like what used to be done at lansdowne sometimes

feo123
06/08/2007, 12:07 AM
you know when theres coloured sheets/flyers left on every seat before them game....and then when the teams are coming out for the kick off, evrryone raisies them about their head to make a big sea of colour.

sligoman
06/08/2007, 12:29 AM
According to the posters around town theirs gonna be fire eaters, stilt walkers, raffle for Ireland/Germany tickets and face painting on Saturday.

red bellied
06/08/2007, 12:37 AM
Whats Mooneys ideas for Saturday? Seen a few posters around town in a couple of pubs tonight. Hughes was the centre piece in the poster. He caught the ball and hoofed it over the bar from 40 metres in the Rovers away shirt. Was talking to a few people about this and they were wondering why, he didnt start for the Gaelic side on Saturday?

sligoman
06/08/2007, 12:39 AM
Poster in Left Bank, 4 lights and a big one outside the Ark.

feo123
06/08/2007, 12:41 AM
where would the stilt walkers go? they'd be falling all over the place becuase theres no level ground, all stones and stuff. could be funny to watch though

sligoman
06/08/2007, 12:45 AM
where would the stilt walkers go? they'd be falling all over the place becuase theres no level ground, all stones and stuff. could be funny to watch thoughOutside the ground maybe, trying to attract people in?

red bellied
06/08/2007, 12:45 AM
Poster in Left Bank, 4 lights and a big one outside the Ark.

I have seen some of these posters tonight. He must be on a head start but this should be expected every week, after all there is a person employed in the Showgrounds to do this work.

Fivesilver
06/08/2007, 9:38 AM
where would the stilt walkers go?

Edge of the six-yard box for corners.

Red&White Rover
06/08/2007, 12:24 PM
Seen them all around the place alright...nice to see the promotion...

Red4Eva
08/08/2007, 3:10 AM
seen noel mooney on foot.ie out in the radisson after el weekly. he was using one of the computers at the reception, surely the fai could afford to buy him a laptop with all the money they're raking in fines!

akearins
08/08/2007, 9:39 AM
Noel Mooney and some club representatives attended part of the trust meeting last evening about the promotion of the Bray game.

In a nut shell there is a hell of a lot of work to be done and we need all hands on deck between now and Friday. The trust has volunteered to do a mail drop in the following areas on the dates and times below.

Any volunteers in the following areas can they meet at the locations outlined below to lend a hand, some local knowledge is always a help.

Wednesday August 8th

Ballisodare - Meet @ entrance to Cloondara @ 7.00pm
Strandhill - Meet @ Strandhill Church 8.30(ish) pm

Thursday August 9th
Maugheraboy/Treacy Avenue/Jinks Avenue/Ard Na Veigh/Lyndale/Cedar Drive/Oakfield area (Inc Oakfield Park & Crescent)
Meet @ Showground’s 6.30pm

Cartron/Rathbraughan/Ballytivnan/Avondale/Forthill
Meet @ cartron Church 6.30pm

The trust have 15-20 volunteers but the more we get the quicker we get it done and the more people will know about the game Saturday and all being equal the more will attend.

Anyone interested can PM me or text me @ 0866022982 just to say what area they can help in.

life long red
08/08/2007, 12:41 PM
Noel Mooney and some club representatives attended part of the trust meeting last evening about the promotion of the Bray game.

In a nut shell there is a hell of a lot of work to be done and we need all hands on deck between now and Friday. The trust has volunteered to do a mail drop in the following areas on the dates and times below.

Any volunteers in the following areas can they meet at the locations outlined below to lend a hand, some local knowledge is always a help.

Wednesday August 8th

Ballisodare - Meet @ entrance to Cloondara @ 7.00pm
Strandhill - Meet @ Strandhill Church 8.30(ish) pm

Thursday August 9th
Maugheraboy/Treacy Avenue/Jinks Avenue/Ard Na Veigh/Lyndale/Cedar Drive/Oakfield area (Inc Oakfield Park & Crescent)
Meet @ Showground’s 6.30pm

Cartron/Rathbraughan/Ballytivnan/Avondale/Forthill
Meet @ cartron Church 6.30pm

The trust have 15-20 volunteers but the more we get the quicker we get it done and the more people will know about the game Saturday and all being equal the more will attend.

Anyone interested can PM me or text me @ 0866022982 just to say what area they can help in.
see u at church forthill red

Red&White Rover
08/08/2007, 12:58 PM
Just back in from Ballinode/Mulberry Park area...Still loadsa flyers left over people...get handing out.

akearins
08/08/2007, 3:00 PM
Can soemeone from the Dublin Supporetrs Club PM me if they are coming to Saturdays game (which I may miss).Looking to buy a megaphone for trust but will need someone to drop into Peats to get it if we are to have it for Saturday.Cheers

akearins
09/08/2007, 9:33 AM
Well lads.Jut too let you know the trust the trust will be doing another maildrop this evening (locations and meetimg times previously mentioned).

Last night we covered Ballisodare and Strandhill dropping of excess of 1,000 flyers.Fair play to all the lads who volunteered their time and the more we get for tonigt the more we can cover.

So a group will meet @6.30 at Cartron Church to cover that side of town another group will meet @6.30 showgrounds to cover other side of town.

So whatever side is best for ye meet there.

See ye then

John83
09/08/2007, 10:16 AM
where would the stilt walkers go? they'd be falling all over the place becuase theres no level ground, all stones and stuff. could be funny to watch though
Give the local kids free axes. That'll entertain them all evening.

red bellied
09/08/2007, 12:49 PM
Ocean FM

Sligo Rovers are reporting huge interest in Saturday's crunch match against Bray Wanderers. Manager Paul Cook has described it as a "massive" match and the club is expecting a bumper crowd to cheer on the Bit O' Red. The club has undergone the biggest ever promotional campaign in the history of Sligo soccer, erecting hundreds of signs and distributing over 15,000 flyers to homes and businesses across the county. A fantastic night's entertainment is guaranteed because as well as the match itself, the club has arranged for fire-eaters, stilt-walkers and other street performers to entertain the crowd.
The game kicks off at 7.45pm and Rovers have asked fans to arrive early to ensure that they can catch the pre match entertainment and also ensure that they get a good seat.

sligoman
09/08/2007, 12:51 PM
Ocean FM were doing interviews with players at training this morning. Don't know when it's on air though.