PDA

View Full Version : Question on our flags

LFC in Exile
02/04/2003, 1:12 PM
Was following the eL mb post about flags, poles etc. Just thought about the LFC flags. How are they? How many do we have? Size etc. Do we have poles or do they just drape over the wall?

The discussion about bringing a lot of eL supporters flags to the Ireland-Norway game on the eL mb is a good one. I will probably be going to the home internationals - though probably not the April 30th one. If one of us is going to an internaitonal can they get a flag to bring (get on telly) etc.

sadloserkid
02/04/2003, 2:30 PM
Four flags, 10ft x 5ft I think, no poles with the following slogans:

Limerick FC
We are Limerick
Super Blues
Limerick FC Champions of Ireland 1960 & 1980

If you're going to a match just let me know and you can have one. I've also gotten my hands on a huge, huge tricolour (don't ask how!) It's something like 15ft x 8ft. :) Next time you're in town gimme a ring and regardless of if there's a match on I'll give you a look. If I'm in Cork in the next coupla weeks I'll let you know too and bring them down.

lims fan
02/04/2003, 4:16 PM
8ft x 6ft. They are really professional LFC in Exile (something that the club is completely not) and they were made with special eyelids that all ow them to be tied to a fence or hook.
We will blow them out of it in Sligo with our growing collection. What is the plan with the Ireland flag - what slogan is going on it?
R U ALL GOING TO SLIGO?
I presume SLK you are bringing all flags to sligo - I will call you next week to discuss them and where we should hang them in the ground.
I have to say I am very excited about it.
Also we will try and come up with a system so that as many flags get represented at as many games as poss.
Obviously at home games all flags will be present but for trips like Dundalk etc which you might not make I can take one or 2 for that game.
I think they will boost the players and show the league that limerick fans are no smalltimers despite the club being so.

joe
02/04/2003, 4:23 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid

If you're going to a match just let me know and you can have one. I've also gotten my hands on a huge, huge tricolour (don't ask how!) It's something like 15ft x 8ft. :)

that'll be handy for european games ;)

sadloserkid
02/04/2003, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by joe
that'll be handy for european games ;)

You can borrow it for your own European ties this season Joe!!! ;)

joe
02/04/2003, 4:39 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
You can borrow it for your own European ties this season Joe!!! ;)

we might need it if the fair play draw goes our way!