PDA

View Full Version : Cork City 1-2 Sligo Rovers

Pages : [1] 2

gustavo
03/08/2007, 8:47 PM
Great result ! moves us up to 4th , 2 lovely goals . I cant remember the last time we had a front pair as skillful as Judge and Faz . Faz probably wont be properly appreciated till he is gone and is having a great season:)

Bravo
03/08/2007, 8:53 PM
Really enjoyed that, our defense was excellent, probably rode our luck a bit in the second half but if ya sit back its to be expected, in saying that they had feck all chances; great start though could have been 3 up at the break. Woods should have gone for that challenge on Raf (second bookable) . Couldn’t fault anyone’s performance especially in the second half.

hopefully a Sligo double.

DaveyCakes
03/08/2007, 9:02 PM
Excellent stuff. I thought they might hav lost their chanc when Cork equalised, but they were pretty comfortable in the second half.

sligoman
03/08/2007, 9:04 PM
****ing great result. Was expecting a hammering down in Cork but couldn't have been much better than that. Cook is a legend! We're playing brilliant stuff lately.

Comiserations to Cork, hopefully they'll win tomorrow to make up for it;)

:D

adamcarr
03/08/2007, 9:19 PM
Congrats lads, Cooke has ye well organised, we're gonna do nothing until we sack that bluffer. Coleman had Kearney in his pocket all night although Liam is well used to that at this stage. Well deserved, the team who actually gave two ****s won tonight, well done.

showgies
03/08/2007, 9:30 PM
What a result. A nervous last few minutes was endured. Rico must have been raging as he didn't even give a post match interview.

I still think we look dodgy defending, but you can't fault the lads for effort. I thought if Cork were to equalise it would come from a mistake from us rather than from Cork's play. Farrelly and Woods should hang up their boots, did you see Farrelly trying to get a wind of breath towards the end of the game.

I am still not too sure about Boyd and Ventre. I thought Boyd looked off the pace and Ventre looks liable to give away silly frees.

Pick of the bunch tonight were Raf, Faz and O'Grady.

As for the yellow cards, surely Dan Murray should have got one in the first five minutes of the game, for cyinicall
y taking Raf out of it.:mad:

adamcarr
03/08/2007, 9:41 PM
What a result. A nervous last few minutes was endured. Rico must have been raging as he didn't even give a post match interview.

He couldn't thinnk of anything to bullsh!t his way out of it. Tomorrow w'll read some interview in thge paper from him in the most ****ed up English that we won't understand what he's saying. I really really despise that man.

sligoman
03/08/2007, 9:42 PM
As for the yellow cards, surely Dan Murray should have got one in the first five minutes of the game, for cyinicall
y taking Raf out of it.:mad:He did.

showgies
03/08/2007, 9:45 PM
He did.

Did he??:confused: I must have missed it:o

sligoman
03/08/2007, 9:47 PM
Did he??:confused: I must have missed it:oHe did 2 bad tackles early on, he wasn't booked for the first but was for the second.

red rovers
03/08/2007, 9:54 PM
Delighted with the win.Great victory.Cooke's really turned things around.Ventre was solid.Boyd was unlucky not to score a cracker.He also put the ball into Judge who done a great bit of skill to get the pass to Hughes who smashed it into the net.Thought Raf was brilliant before he got injured.O'Grady worked the whole way thought the game.Faz played well.:ball:

Ballagh Red
03/08/2007, 10:11 PM
Great result. Reckon we've finally found our manager.Never dreamed at the start of the season we'd be up to fourth. Fair play to everyone who travelled down

micls
03/08/2007, 10:17 PM
Fair play lads. Well deserved. We were pathetic.

Kivlehan
03/08/2007, 10:18 PM
Sligo did what Sunderland couldn't :)

adamcarr
03/08/2007, 10:25 PM
Sligo did what Sunderland couldn't :)

Whats even more embarrassing is that our players actually cared in the Sunderland game and didn't bother showing up tonight.

Royal rover
03/08/2007, 10:53 PM
Whats even more embarrassing is that our players actually cared in the Sunderland game and didn't bother showing up tonight.

Very true, one thing that's obvious from this game was the amount of support Cork had tonight in comparsion with the friendly v Sunderland although it still better than most teams in the EL, anyway great game , Faz is a f**king legend, one thing that winds me up is cooke's public comments on how far this group of players could go, i don't honestly believe he says to them that survival is the is the main objective and let's do our best, looking at this now i really think pats and drogheda are the only teams that are better than us, i still think derry will put a run together, europe is within are grasp on the basis of the last 2 games, we would never of won that game last year, i also don't accept these comments that cork have had various disruptions through injuries, losing players etc, healy is a shadow of his former self, as for Farrelly. he looks like he was pulled of the bar stool , got to be something with management etc, i think Foys time is up, a disgrace that someone who trains every day looks like that, and likewise for Manson- didn't look confident at all,
but overall it's happy days - here's hoping sligo beat cork tomorrow, joke of the day is "some lad (meath) is bringing a banner to croker with a message to the tyrone fans " you have been ruled by the royals for hundreds of years, today will be no different"

harry crumb
03/08/2007, 11:15 PM
looking at this now i really think pats and drogheda are the only teams that are better than us,

Calm down feen.

You got 2 goals on the break, you never controlled the game. :ball:

Fivesilver
03/08/2007, 11:20 PM
you never controlled the game

Thanks for setting that straight. Now that you've pointed that out, I no longer feel satisfied with six points out of six against City (6 scored, 2 conceded).

As for 2 on the break, we'd hit the bar twice before the home team had a shot worthy of the description.

feo123
03/08/2007, 11:42 PM
Calm down feen.

in fairness, apart from the first 3 minutes, we were all over ye until you scored.
fantastic result. cant ask for more from any of the players. cant single any of them out for praise either.
delighted!

adamcarr
03/08/2007, 11:54 PM
Calm down feen.

We deserved nothing, Roys goal and Hoggy's free kick were our only real chances.

micls
03/08/2007, 11:55 PM
We deserved nothing, Roys goal and Hoggy's free kick were our only real chances.

You forgot the sitter Leon missed, but other than that I agree with ya

feo123
03/08/2007, 11:59 PM
fare play to the shed for clapping us off aswell

sligoman
04/08/2007, 12:01 AM
The shed clapped the players off and chanted "We want you" apparently:D

adamcarr
04/08/2007, 12:07 AM
You forgot the sitter Leon missed, but other than that I agree with ya

No that was offside, the flag went up. A complete sitter alright though. Leon has showed nothing since signing(I did miss the Waterford game). Behan should start against the Bowez!

feo123
04/08/2007, 12:12 AM
didnt hear what they were saying....just thought it was brilliant when they clapped us off. nice touch. cant wait to watch the tape

DonalE
04/08/2007, 1:37 AM
Just back from Cork, been to every away game except one since we got promoted and that was the best by a long way :D

Could ya tell how drunk Jeebus and RoryH were on the tv? ;)

feo123
04/08/2007, 2:12 AM
was a great evening, best away trip for me in a long time aswell

feo123
04/08/2007, 2:13 AM
Just back from Cork, been to every away game except one since we got promoted and that was the best by a long way :D

Could ya tell how drunk Jeebus and RoryH were on the tv? ;)

how did you manage to get back in bout 4 hours?

Red4Eva
04/08/2007, 3:18 AM
hopefully some so-called experts will start giving us the credit we deserve now. taut ventre was seriously dodgy 2nite but apart from that every1 was excellent(manson excepted).billy woods&rubbish behan should have walked.gav got got booked for jumping for a header.europe here we come

Conor H
04/08/2007, 9:12 AM
Fair play to Sligo.
Ye really do put our shower of wasters and tossers to shame.
It'll be nothing but 3 points on the Dyke road for ye, in 3 weeks.

DonalE
04/08/2007, 10:03 AM
how did you manage to get back in bout 4 hours?

Audi power ;)

Shiba
04/08/2007, 10:12 AM
I still find it amazing that we still have opposition fans coming on here stating""how out of sorts their teams have been when been beat by us"".No credit given to actaully "How well we are playing at the moment!". Through my own stupidity I misssed the 1st half but really seen nothing from Cork that even came near to really bothering us in the 2nd half.As for the Cork team if they put more effort in to their game against Sunderland than Us,I would have to question their priorities to the club or was the Sunderland game seen as shop window for certain players.As for Faz I think he has been simply outstanding this season.Hope we can hold on to him for next season as he would be a big loss?Gone into 4th place now over Rovers reserve team not bad for a small club.Again Coleman best right back in the Country,Peers the backbone of the team, Brillant to see him commit to the club.cant fault any of them all played for the Jersey something we hav'nt seen in years.

Sligoman!Still think you wrong in hoping GAA team lose,Do not think the good will feeling round town & county at the moment is not good for all!

Come on Sligo! The Double today.

GavinZac
04/08/2007, 10:29 AM
The shed clapped the players off and chanted "We want you" apparently:D

that was me.

i recommend we use roy's transfer fee to buy your team. the rest of our players can feck off to ramblers. they're letting us, the club, and most of all themselves down. we have some of the most talented players in the league, and they think they have a right to win.

with joe missing, and going 2-1 down, they simply gave up. it was bizzare, once we'd equalised we were on top and looked like being the winners. stupid debateable free kick (the ref was, again, atrocious, im sure sligo fans will agree) and they gave up.

sligoman
04/08/2007, 12:55 PM
Sligoman!Still think you wrong in hoping GAA team lose,Do not think the good will feeling round town & county at the moment is not good for all!No, as if Shligo win today then that will over shadow, what is, a great win for Rovers and our recent form. **** it, even if Shligo lose, it'll probably still over shadow it, but at least this will be the last week of it.

Shiba
04/08/2007, 1:41 PM
No, as if Shligo win today then that will over shadow, what is, a great win for Rovers and our recent form. **** it, even if Shligo lose, it'll probably still over shadow it, but at least this will be the last week of it.

Sad!:rolleyes:

sligoman
04/08/2007, 1:48 PM
Sad!:rolleyes:You asked me a question, I answered it with my opinion. If you don't like my reply then you shouldn't have asked it. Sadder:rolleyes:

Shiba
04/08/2007, 1:54 PM
You asked me a question, I answered it with my opinion. If you don't like my reply then you shouldn't have asked it. Sadder:rolleyes:
You not answered it!Iask about the goodwill feeling round the county Was it not a good thing for all round,All you can comment on is on how a SHligo win will overshadow a Rovers win. even Cook is talking down our great results as away of keeping our feet on the ground.;)Sadder again.

sligoman
04/08/2007, 2:00 PM
You not answered it!Iask about the goodwill feeling round the county Was it not a good thing for all round,All you can comment on is on how a SHligo win will overshadow a Rovers win. even Cook is talking down our great results as away of keeping our feet on the ground.;)Sadder again.Yeah you asked was it a good thing for all, I said no as it over shadow's Rovers good form therefore not good for all. Question answered. Rovers are my priority, I couldn't care less about the Gah team. This has been stated several times by me on here, you questioning it isn't going to change that.

Shiba
04/08/2007, 4:15 PM
Yeah you asked was it a good thing for all, I said no as it over shadow's Rovers good form therefore not good for all. Question answered. Rovers are my priority, I couldn't care less about the Gah team. This has been stated several times by me on here, you questioning it isn't going to change that.

I dnt think it overshadowd rovers good win to be honest, I am as hapy with rovers win as I am disappointed in the Sligo loss.really dont think todays game overshadowed Rovers result especially since it was televised and was agood game to watch.Doesnt matter now, as its all R...............over now!

Shame do was good to be from a winning county for once!

Mental Man
04/08/2007, 4:38 PM
Bring back the Fat man asap :D

Risteard
04/08/2007, 4:42 PM
Fair play lads. Well deserved. We were pathetic.
Concurred.
I don't know what City were expecting from the opposition but they were made look very poor.
Not good enough and it pretty much showed that both teams are worthy of their place in the table.

End of the season is high-time to let go of these 'u-21 players' nearly in their mid-20s.
They're not promising like.

Sligo a much better outfit without Connor, Rossiter, Singh, Turner, and Mansaram.:eek:

Magicme
04/08/2007, 5:13 PM
After our game I was talkin to Jason McCartney & he was delighted with our result (obviously) and your result (obviously!). He said he was just off the phone from Foyzer & they were in fine form down in Cork (obviously!!)

REDdecky
04/08/2007, 5:38 PM
Great result!!Cookie is really the best out of the lads in a settled team,i am concerned about one thing and that is and i dont know if anybody noticed..
are the defence afraid to pass the ball back to Brush in goal?? or is it a tactic of cookie:rolleyes:i'm not so sure..I like Brush as a keeper he's only young but i blame him for the cork goal he should never have left his goal,i'm sure cookie will get that sorted out.;)

SligoBrewer
04/08/2007, 6:34 PM
up now on tg4.ie

what a piece of skill by judge to set up the 1st goal..

SligoBrewer
04/08/2007, 6:42 PM
what a freekick.. faz the legend:D

Red&White Rover
04/08/2007, 9:36 PM
WOOO-HOOO!!!

Oh that is some win. 2-1 in Turners Cross. How raging i am i wasn't there! But god that's something else. Without getting ahead of ourselves, Europe is still a possibility.

oh and Longford 3-0 Bohs, means we're on equal games and 2 points ahead of a team who has more ambition than us.

SligoBrewer
04/08/2007, 9:39 PM
WOOO-HOOO!!!

Oh that is some win. 2-1 in Turners Cross. How raging i am i wasn't there! But god that's something else. Without getting ahead of ourselves, Europe is still a possibility.

oh and Longford 3-0 Bohs, means we're on equal games and 2 points ahead of a team who had more ambition than us.

sorry there rwrover... had 2 correct you on one letter.. maybe it was a misspelling but after looking at the bohs forum i'm sure you'll be compelled to agree that we have more ambition than the Spoofer's club atm.
:)

Rovers1
04/08/2007, 10:25 PM
the bubblebath was the best bit...know what i mean Rory? ;)

feo123
05/08/2007, 2:34 AM
wexler was good when he came on. changed the game in longfords way ;)

roversman
05/08/2007, 10:31 AM
Great result!!Cookie is really the best out of the lads in a settled team,i am concerned about one thing and that is and i dont know if anybody noticed..
are the defence afraid to pass the ball back to Brush in goal?? or is it a tactic of cookie:rolleyes:i'm not so sure..I like Brush as a keeper he's only young but i blame him for the cork goal he should never have left his goal,i'm sure cookie will get that sorted out.;)

true they r afraid to back pass