PDA

View Full Version : Stupid fine time!

pineapple stu
02/08/2007, 5:28 PM
We've finally gotten hit for something stupid - E100 for no technical area against Pat's in the 21s. Have the FAI nothing better to be worrying about?

Also, McFaul and Crowley are banned for one game each, with Crowley's already served.

Bald Student
02/08/2007, 6:01 PM
What does 'technical area' mean? De we need a little dug out on wheels to bring to the U21s pitch?

pineapple stu
02/08/2007, 6:36 PM
Technical area - I assume - is the white marking around the dugout beyond which the manager and coaches can't go. There's never one in Foster's Avenue because nobody really cares at that level. Our U-21 games have been almost exclusively in Belfield Park the last couple of years though, which has to have a technical area or, I assume, we'd have been fined before.

Schumi
02/08/2007, 6:42 PM
Also, McFaul and Crowley are banned for one game each, with Crowley's already served.And McFaul's injured.

CollegeTillIDie
03/08/2007, 9:30 AM
Well McFaul is giving an example of time management par excellence. Serve your suspensions while injured... classic :D

DmanDmythDledge
03/08/2007, 2:23 PM
Well McFaul is giving an example of time management par excellence. Serve your suspensions while injured... classic :D
Not true, it was the other way round.:( Would have deserved bonus hardcore points if that was the case...

Bald Student
03/08/2007, 2:39 PM
Well McFaul is giving an example of time management par excellence. Serve your suspensions while injured... classic :DThinking about it, was he injured in the same tackle he picked up the fourth yellow card in? About 70 mins into the Shams' game?

Bald Student
03/08/2007, 2:41 PM
Technical area - I assume - is the white marking around the dugout beyond which the manager and coaches can't go. There's never one in Foster's Avenue because nobody really cares at that level.If there's a requirement to have one and we didn't, then the fine is deserved. It should be no extra effort to draw 2 boxes onto the ground when the pitch is being marked.

DmanDmythDledge
03/08/2007, 2:54 PM
Thinking about it, was he injured in the same tackle he picked up the fourth yellow card in? About 70 mins into the Shams' game?
No, he got injured in the warm up against Longford.

pineapple stu
03/08/2007, 5:16 PM
If there's a requirement to have one and we didn't, then the fine is deserved. It should be no extra effort to draw 2 boxes onto the ground when the pitch is being marked.
Don't agree. If there's a requirement to have one and we didn't, then we should be given out to, but it's not something the FAI should really be getting too hung up on, I think.

And I was saying the same thing when Athlone got fined for it too.

Bald Student
03/08/2007, 5:28 PM
Don't agree. If there's a requirement to have one and we didn't, then we should be given out to, but it's not something the FAI should really be getting too hung up on, I think.Well we disagree so. I think the 100 quid fine adds a bit of an incentive to fix it.