PDA

View Full Version : Forget Aertel...

sfc red
02/08/2007, 2:21 PM
From breakingnews.ie

Shelbourne Rovers will seek to maintain their clean sheet in tonight’s Athlone clash despite missing duo Harte and Murphy.

Alan Murphy is relegated to the stands though suspension while Ciaran Harte will be in Bangkok to represent Ireland at the World Student Games.

Other absentees include Aidan Collins who is still a week or two away from playing and John Brophy who is still having ankle problems.

Mark Leech will have a fitness game before the match.

Tonight’s hopes will rest instead on the young shoulders of 19-year-old Noel Haverty who is on loan from St Pats and making his debut with Shels.

Buller
02/08/2007, 2:54 PM
What's wrong with that? :confused:
:p
It's an absolute disgrace... Are these ment to be irish sports writers who produce this bullcrap?

sfc red
02/08/2007, 2:54 PM
Nobody told you about the merge then either?

charliesboots
02/08/2007, 2:58 PM
Noel Haverty isn't 19 either.

Bluebeard
02/08/2007, 3:00 PM
Sounds a good idea to me - Rovers get a home (granted for about twenty minutes, but any port in a storm), and Shelbourne get a team, fans numbering in 4 digits and Pat Scully. Meanwhile, two of the more disliked clubs, in the past and recently are united, so fans of the other clubs can save their loathing for one side. Win-win-win situation.

Jofspring
02/08/2007, 3:00 PM
is it really so hard to find someone in aertel or breaknews etc... that has a clue about irish soccer.

sfc red
02/08/2007, 3:55 PM
Sounds a good idea to me - Rovers get a home (granted for about twenty minutes, but any port in a storm), and Shelbourne get a team, fans numbering in 4 digits and Pat Scully. Meanwhile, two of the more disliked clubs, in the past and recently are united, so fans of the other clubs can save their loathing for one side. Win-win-win situation.

Our team since the transfer window is probably better than that of Waterford's, our crowds have been on par with Rovers and I'd take Keely over that psycho any day :D