PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raising.

L37Ultra
02/08/2007, 1:51 PM
There has been a lot of rumours and negativity surrounding the clubs current financial state on this site recently. I think its about time we (including myself) turned this moaning into positive actions where by we help the club out. At the moment there is a strong Supporters Club in place where it is easy to organise things and spread the word. I have started this thread so anyone who has any ideas/events can put them on here and everyone can help out to raise some funds for the club. I know already the S.C are organising there own table quiz. Any other suggestions (realistic ones) :ball:

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 1:54 PM
There has been a lot of rumours and negativity surrounding the clubs current financial state on this site recently. I think its about time we (including myself) turned this moaning into positive actions where by we help the club out. At the moment there is a strong Supporters Club in place where it is easy to organise things and spread the word. I have started this thread so anyone who has any ideas/events can put them on here and everyone can help out to raise some funds for the club. I know already the S.C are organising there own table quiz. Any other suggestions (realistic ones) :ball:

Put Mcgee on one of them funfair things where if you hit the target he falls in to sh!te. Tenner a throw, will travel up myself!!ten shots, easy 100:D

Jofspring
02/08/2007, 1:57 PM
i think people are a little reluctant with organising fundraising events etc... because no one knows the full extent of the situation the club is in.

i think it will be much easier to come up with ideas and ways to help out the club when people know whats needed and have some kind of goals they can try to reach.

L37Ultra
02/08/2007, 1:58 PM
Put Mcgee on one of them funfair things where if you hit the target he falls in to sh!te. Tenner a throw, will travel up myself!!ten shots, easy 100:D

Is the Cobh forum really that boring? :D ;)

joeSoap
02/08/2007, 2:03 PM
i think people are a little reluctant with organising fundraising events etc... because no one knows the full extent of the situation the club is in.

i think it will be much easier to come up with ideas and ways to help out the club when people know whats needed and have some kind of goals they can try to reach.
I know I keep harping on and on about it, but for a club thats supposed to be "our club" the lack of communication and disclosure as to the current plight is alarming.

An outstanding opportunity to market the game on Friday has gone a begging..possibly the biggest game to date this season. And its not from the lack of people volunteering to help out either. It's very frustrating.

Jofspring
02/08/2007, 2:05 PM
I know I keep harping on and on about it, but for a club thats supposed to be "our club" the lack of communication and disclosure as to the current plight is alarming.

An outstanding opportunity to market the game on Friday has gone a begging..possibly the biggest game to date this season. And its not from the lack of people volunteering to help out either. It's very frustrating.

i totally agree :D

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 2:06 PM
Is the Cobh forum really that boring? :D ;)

You wouldnt believe it:). But we have a fun run, fundraiser for our club sunday, players and supporters get together, fancy dress, run 6 kn across the town, after the run/walk, at night, there is a 80s themed night, Dj, food and a auction with some top class items. They gave out 250 cards dunno how many they'll get back, but take my card nothing special couldnt fill it, but still got 120 euro, if 200 people got that your laughin. I know some poeple that have got 200, so on. Great idea, needs a lot of hard work and dedication, and is a good way for supporters to talk the players too.

L37Ultra
02/08/2007, 2:12 PM

Ya thats very true. I rang, e-mailed the club during the week to ask them to make Posters like the Athlone game to help promote the Finn Harps match. but i got nothing back and no response, and they wonder why the crowds are going down :rolleyes:. You may think this is a joke but I think we should have an auction night where female (and some male) fans can bid against each other and the highest bidder gets to go on a date etc... with the chosen player. If we did that for the whole squad it would make a bit of money for the club :D