PDA

View Full Version : Foley!

ShamTalk
02/08/2007, 10:50 AM
Can someone please explain the logic of Tony Cousins in trying to get rid of Ciaran Foley?

He is, in my humble opinion, our best defensive minded central midfielder.

MyTown
02/08/2007, 10:58 AM
Can someone please explain the logic of Tony Cousins in trying to get rid of Ciaran Foley?

He is, in my humble opinion, our best defensive minded central midfielder.

Great Lad. Brilliant servant while he's been with us.

IMHO his best performances for us were in a five man midfield early in the season against Cork (away) and Drogheda in Terryland.

Have another look at the lead up to Sunderland's second goal last night. There has been a bit too much of that from him IMHO.

He gives everything and in a team accused of lacking sopirit and passion he has shown plenty of it & I thank him for it. But I think I see where the manager was coming from.

life long red
02/08/2007, 11:39 AM
ciaran was a great servant for sligo rvs

Paddyfield
02/08/2007, 8:36 PM
ciaran was a great servant for sligo rvs

...and Limerick FC

Sniffer
02/08/2007, 8:44 PM
Have to agree, anything I've seen of him has been good - wholehearted player who's efforts can raise the game of those dozing around him.

Tir Oilean
02/08/2007, 9:11 PM
He holds no grudge against TC and will continue to perform in the United jersey called upon. What was the story with McKenna and Davoran was there not news of these lads heading to Institute on loan till the end of season.

Only1Rovers
03/08/2007, 11:39 AM
I heard he was considering packing in the football and he was looking for a job outside of the game.

gilberto_eire
03/08/2007, 11:48 AM
He holds no grudge against TC and will continue to perform in the United jersey called upon. What was the story with McKenna and Davoran was there not news of these lads heading to Institute on loan till the end of season.

nevermind davo and mckenna if armstrong was going to be released why was he out on the pitch in his tracksuit, no sign of yeboah though so would make ya wonder is armstrong even going?!:confused:

Tir Oilean
03/08/2007, 12:36 PM
Here Here Rogue Trader

Mr A
03/08/2007, 11:34 PM

That fell through, so they're back at United.

geezer
04/08/2007, 8:15 AM
is their some kind of pimping service behind irish football, im sure institute werent down scouting and thinking oh their is 2 fine footballers there in mckenna and davoren. When you consider the amount of players gufc have signed and now the merrygoround is being loaded with local players as well you have to ask the question. The service i hope is cheap because the quality leaves a lot to be desired. As for foley seemingly he went over weight and was penalised, laughably lester just doesnt do no wrong in tc's eyes

Mr A
04/08/2007, 10:57 AM
Cousins and Stute manager Liam Beckett were on a coaching course together- that's were that deal came from as far as I know.

sligored
06/08/2007, 10:13 AM
ciaran foley was one of the most whole hearted players ever to wear a sligo rovers jersey and i was very sad to see him go after we got promoted.
he could not handle that bluffer sean connor and asked for a transfer - i think tony cousins is wrong not to play him.
best of luck to ciaran

corbyeire
06/08/2007, 1:17 PM
in these tough times you need ciran foley out there on the pitch - keeping the tempo and spirits up

what he doesnt have in skill he compensates for with work rate - plenty of others in the team who could learn a thing or two!