PDA

View Full Version : Mons -v- Dundalk Preview

Magicme
02/08/2007, 9:00 AM
The local derby is always the big one for the players and fans alike and Monaghan United playing Dundalk at home this Friday night is one of the highlights of the season. The game kicks off at 8pm at Kingspan Century Park with a much depleted United team taking to the pitch. Mick Cooke has several key injuries and will also be without Paul Whelan who is away on International duty with the Irish Universities team.

When Dundalk last visited Kingspan Century Park earlier in the season they were shaken up when they only managed to get a 1-1 draw. This put a dent in their early run-away hopes but they managed to get revenge when United traveled to Oriel. Dundalk came away from that game 3-1 victors and put their league campaign back on track. United have proved difficult for Dundalk to break down at Kingspan Century Park in recent times and the Mons will be hoping to take at least a point out of this game.

This is the 2nd of 3 tough fixtures that United have, Finn Harps last Tuesday, Dundalk this Friday and Shelbourne (Away) next Friday.

Commenting on the upcoming game, Mick Cooke said:

“Despite the disappointment of Tuesday night’s game against Finn Harps I am still looking forward to the game on Friday. Dundalk are always a massive game for us and even though we will be missing some of our key players through injury and unavailability, I think we still have a chance to re-find our form.”

LIST OF INJURIES AND SUSPENSIONS:
No Suspensions

Injuries:

Jason McCartney (Ankle)

Peter D’arcy (Groin)

Robbie Farrell (Shoulder)

Paul Whelan – away with Irish Universities team in Thailand for World Student Games.

Magicme
03/08/2007, 8:13 AM
Dont think Cian Mackey will be playing either tonight.

God am excited bout this game, someone come talk about it!

monutdfc
03/08/2007, 9:02 AM
Dont think Cian Mackey will be playing either tonight.

why not?

Lionel Ritchie
03/08/2007, 12:47 PM
Ye'll have a Limerickman shoutin' for the Mons tonight and I'll be bringing a Carrick man up with me! Should be a cracker!!

Magicme
03/08/2007, 5:52 PM
Will be lookin out for ya Lionel!