PDA

View Full Version : Luxembourg

declan hide
01/08/2007, 10:35 PM
anyone been recently - anything worth doing/seeing there?

pineapple stu
02/08/2007, 5:52 PM
The city is nice as I recall (haven't been since '94). There's some lovely bridges around as well spanning scenic valleys; the designer committed suicide as I recall because people kept jumping off them to kill themselves; those living underneath would wake up with a dead body in their back garden.

Small place really, so you're never far from the countryside. Some WWII cemetery in Hamm. Apart from that...

SkStu
02/08/2007, 6:28 PM
i was there for a day and night. I took a trip out to the ECJ and listened in on a case. If thats your type of thing then id recommend it. Ended up in some bar based on a london metro station or something (may have actually been called the metro) and got bladdered on dirt cheap vodka and red bull while smoking cheap Marlboro cigarettes. If thats your type of thing then id recommend that too. :) Good fun and people from all over europe there.

DaveyCakes
04/08/2007, 11:14 PM
You could pop over the border to Trier - has the finest preserved Roman ruins north of the Alps (so I'm told)

declan hide
09/08/2007, 9:45 AM
i was there for a day and night. I took a trip out to the ECJ and listened in on a case. If thats your type of thing then id recommend it. Ended up in some bar based on a london metro station or something (may have actually been called the metro) and got bladdered on dirt cheap vodka and red bull while smoking cheap Marlboro cigarettes. If thats your type of thing then id recommend that too. :) Good fun and people from all over europe there.

The Tube. thats the place youre talking about. went in there to watch a few of the games of Sky Sports. decent little spot - cheap beer, some good tunes - full of smoke though which was a balls.

pete
12/01/2009, 10:20 PM
The Tube. thats the place youre talking about. went in there to watch a few of the games of Sky Sports. decent little spot - cheap beer, some good tunes - full of smoke though which was a balls.

Did you find anything else to do?

Will be there for a few days next week & looking for something to do in the evenings. I am told it is a terrible boring city?

paul_oshea
13/01/2009, 10:40 AM
ya not much happening, but some alright bars so might find stuff to drink!! full of irish though!

brendy_éire
19/01/2009, 1:01 PM
I am told it is a terrible boring city?

It is. Best place we could find during the week was an Irish bar on Rue de la Tour Jacob. There's a Brazilian bar close to it as well, but it was less busy.
But sorry, there's nothing to do there at night. It's worse than Geneva.

pete
23/01/2009, 2:20 PM
Wasn't there as a tourist & even though the people seem friendly enough it is a very dull City. Deserted streets after 7-8 o clock. Bars seem to be in short supply especially one with people in it. Was bit too far to trek to Irish bars.