PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like City to sign?

A face
01/08/2007, 9:42 PM
Who would you like City to sign? What players do you think would realistically improve the squad/first team who were available and within our price range?

harry crumb
01/08/2007, 10:24 PM
Stephen Grey from Drogheda would be a good signing. Without Murray and we would be in panic stations.

Need cover up front and a right winger.

Risteard
01/08/2007, 11:09 PM
BBM definitely. He could be turned into a creat CB.
Bobby Ryan, though he'll probably stay on at Dufermline, in hope of promotion.

Foley in a year or two.
You've got to find players at the right stage of their careers/ contractual positions aswell.
We might stand a chance in signing Lukazs Sosin.
Tadhg Purcell and Derek Glynn would probably be silly prices.
If Grey was available, definitely.

The frustrating thing about our recent transfer history is the inability to sign and give ample opportunity to a striker. He wouldn't even need to be a recent top-scorer. A run of the mill fit eL striker who does okay for a midtable eL team and has a bit of pace would score a lot of goals at the Cross and develop.

I'm talking
Glen Fitzpatrick,
Matthew Judge,
Stephen O'Flynn,
Even Conor Sammon, Mark leech and Davin O'Neill could offer us something different to Behan when Johnno is injured.

sligoman
01/08/2007, 11:11 PM
Matthew Judge,Just signed a year extension to his contract so if you want him, pay up!:)

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 9:08 AM
Davin O'Neill could offer us something different to Behan when Johnno is injured.

F off.:D:D Not a hope!!!

Risteard
02/08/2007, 10:58 AM
Not a hope!!!
Of us getting him or of him doing a good job?

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 11:14 AM
of ye gettin him, well realistically ye obviously could, he would do a job definitly, he is the type of player who you would know by his warm up what type of game he'll have, total hot or cold, loves the big games. And on his day a top class player, IMO most skillful in Div 1, when hes at his total best.

Risteard
02/08/2007, 12:49 PM
of ye gettin him, well realistically ye obviously could.
:D
:confused:

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 1:42 PM
:confused:

you know what i meant!!!:)

adamcarr
02/08/2007, 1:46 PM
Id like Seamus Coleman off Sligo to replace Ryan who Id move to left wing. Stephen Gray to replace Kelly. Judge would have been ideal but he's just after signing a new deal. Kevin McHugh or Mark Farren would be brilliant as well although I doubt we could get them.

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 1:49 PM
The lad Ristilla, class IMO.

micls
02/08/2007, 1:51 PM
For next season?

A centre back, 2 wingers, 2 strikers minimum....and quality ones at that.

gustavo
02/08/2007, 1:51 PM
Id like Seamus Coleman off Sligo to replace Ryan who Id move to left wing. Stephen Gray to replace Kelly. Judge would have been ideal but he's just after signing a new deal. Kevin McHugh or Mark Farren would be brilliant as well although I doubt we could get them.

Isnt Ryan a left back , Seamies a right back

adamcarr
02/08/2007, 1:55 PM
Isnt Ryan a left back , Seamies a right back
Yeah I know but he'd still manage at left back, anyway Horgan used to play LB for years so the two could switch, either way City aren't gonna buy him, it would be too sensible a decision for CCFC to make.

Risteard
02/08/2007, 2:06 PM
For next season?

A centre back, 2 wingers, 2 strikers minimum....and quality ones at that.

Names micls, names.

micls
02/08/2007, 2:10 PM
Names micls, names.

Honestly couldnt care less. Depends on whose available and at what cost etc.

Anyone have a list of all out of contract players...

Stephen Grey would be a great signing and someone who may be available. Not really getting the games at Drogheda and will be even further down when Gavin comes back.

Wingers, maybe Brennan from Derry. Not having a great season with them and in and out of the team. he is quality though if we could get him on form.

If Byrne doesnt impress between now and Christmas Id love to go for him. Would be just what we need.

Within the league Derek Glynn might be worth a look if he keeps scoring.

pete
02/08/2007, 4:27 PM
We have enough squad players. Unless a signing goes straight into the first team I don't see the point.

Potential positions would be Centre Defence, Right Wing & Forward.

Risteard
02/08/2007, 6:59 PM
Totally disagree pete.
We urgently need a striker but I don't think that striker would get ahead of Flynn or Roy.
Apart from centre-back the first fully fit 11 is okay. Don't necessarily need 2 wingers imo.

Shiba
04/08/2007, 10:54 AM
BBM definitely. He could be turned into a creat CB.
Bobby Ryan, though he'll probably stay on at Dufermline, in hope of promotion.

Foley in a year or two.
You've got to find players at the right stage of their careers/ contractual positions aswell.
We might stand a chance in signing Lukazs Sosin.
Tadhg Purcell and Derek Glynn would probably be silly prices.
If Grey was available, definitely.

The frustrating thing about our recent transfer history is the inability to sign and give ample opportunity to a striker. He wouldn't even need to be a recent top-scorer. A run of the mill fit eL striker who does okay for a midtable eL team and has a bit of pace would score a lot of goals at the Cross and develop.
I'm talking
Glen Fitzpatrick,
Matthew Judge,
Stephen O'Flynn,
Even Conor Sammon, Mark leech and Davin O'Neill could offer us something different to Behan when Johnno is injured.

Better look at the table again!Arrogance.

Risteard
04/08/2007, 4:15 PM
There's a top, middle and bottom. Let me know at half nine which third you're in.
It changes after each match. Arrogance.

Shiba
04/08/2007, 4:46 PM
There's a top, middle and bottom. Let me know at half nine which third you're in.

I'm hoping longford do the biz tonight,But even if they dont we will be in middle of the table I never sed we werent but simply point out the fact that is where ye are sitting at the moment arrogance is thinking ye are better than that, which maybe ye are but not at the moment.

pete
04/08/2007, 6:39 PM
Pathetic performance by the entire team last friday. :mad:

If you compare our 2007 squad with the 2006 one this seasons is so much stronger. We may not have as strong a 1st eleven but we now have a bigger squad with more cover so we don't need any more of them. I think we were lucky with injuries last season which is catching up with us this year.

Shiba
04/08/2007, 10:10 PM

A little past half nine but you asked to let you know! 3rd as in 3rd (let me enjoy the moment) as you say it changes every week but not this week.:D

Troy.McClure
06/08/2007, 11:23 PM
Seems Ndo is available for free now. He is the nearest thing to Georgie in the eL when he's "fit". Get him in there!

pete
07/08/2007, 10:35 AM
Seems Ndo is available for free now. He is the nearest thing to Georgie in the eL when he's "fit". Get him in there!

I think we have a big enough injury list already without adding to it.

harry crumb
07/08/2007, 11:14 PM
Watching Ger Rowe this season I think he would be an excellent player for us.

Not a great goalscorer but is a fantastic footballer.

Cici900
08/08/2007, 4:38 PM
F off.:D:D Not a hope!!!

Xactly yer not getting another cobh star. ye killed me wit darren leavin for this.

Only1Rovers
09/08/2007, 11:38 AM

Yea Cork should get N'do, Pay him €2k a week to sit on watch football from a stand...

kdjaC
09/08/2007, 10:26 PM
Yea Cork should get N'do, Pay him €2k a week to sit on watch football from a stand...

Play mate for O Flynn?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Unattached_footballers

Some freebies.

kdjac

Risteard
10/08/2007, 6:17 PM
If City were to do just one thing with the transfer fee, I'd offer Gamble a new contract even ahead of our urgent need of a striker.
Having said that though, if i was Joey I wouldn't be signing a three-year contract with City.