PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland and the way they do business

A face
01/08/2007, 9:01 PM
So what do people think of Sunderland and the way they do business in recent days? Is this what we can expect from them from here on in?

Risteard
01/08/2007, 10:11 PM
Sickening for us but if ya see it from their point of view its merely exploitative and its a cut-throat business.
I do think Keanos Rambler loyalties show up which is fair enough.
Its more than suspect how the City match wasn't arranged the same way as Galway and Bohs.

City saw sense in the end though in putting out a decent team.
Despite the few suckers, I don't think their recruitment drive for new fans went as well as they'd have hoped.
That's mainly because they're poor though.
Not in the mood to talk about the two Roys saga.

A face
02/08/2007, 12:24 AM
Sickening for us but if ya see it from their point of view its merely exploitative and its a cut-throat business.

That falls so far short i cant put it into words. Their point of view just doesn't come into in imo.

Fulham, now theres a club that know how to do their business. Integrity

Risteard
02/08/2007, 12:31 AM
Where did it get them though?

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 9:07 AM
Where did it get them though?

Exactly. whats this keano ramblers loyalties about, you can be sure he treat us the same.(possibly slightly slightly nicer) ye might get another friendly off them next year, but that bout it

Only1Rovers
02/08/2007, 9:44 AM
what was so cut throat about Sunderland?

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 9:53 AM

Thinkin the same myself, what we missing?

Risteard
02/08/2007, 11:01 AM
You're missing that SundIreland scuppered a good deal for Fulham and CCFC because they can.

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 11:17 AM
So what?

Risteard
02/08/2007, 12:51 PM
So what?
You asked.

Thinkin the same myself, what we missing?

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 1:41 PM
You asked.

i know what i said and he said........:confused:

micls
02/08/2007, 1:49 PM
i know what i said and he said........:confused:

Ok why Sunderland are cutthroat:

They decided not to bother with ROy, till the day before they came to Cork, they whipped up media speculation cos Keane had a 'gut instinct' about him. Keane proceeded to talk to Roy(who idolises him) and convince him not to go to Fulham the next day for the medical=end of Fulham deal and us left with only Sunderland as an option.

When Keane first decided he was interested he stated he knew he wouldnt get Roy till January and that was fine. Then after convincing Roy to reject Fulham promptly decided he wanted Roy now.....and for less money than Fulham were offering.

Hence Lennox going mad about how Sunderland do business and this thread being started

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 1:51 PM

They decided not to bother with ROy, till the day before they came to Cork, they whipped up media speculation cos Keane had a 'gut instinct' about him. Keane proceeded to talk to Roy(who idolises him) and convince him not to go to Fulham the next day for the medical=end of Fulham deal and us left with only Sunderland as an option.

When Keane first decided he was interested he stated he knew he wouldnt get Roy till January and that was fine. Then after convincing Roy to reject Fulham promptly decided he wanted Roy now.....and for less money than Fulham were offering.

Hence Lennox going mad about how Sunderland do business and this thread being started

Thank You!!:)

Dog eat Dog world. On a lesser level importance, ye kind of played big boys with us over K.Murray, btw 10,000 was it, bargain!!!

Roy O'D being of lesser importance of course!:D

Only1Rovers
02/08/2007, 4:12 PM

well explained, will he play Friday?

Risteard
02/08/2007, 6:54 PM
Yes. .

pineapple stu
02/08/2007, 6:56 PM
Fulham, now theres a club that know how to do their business. Integrity
Have some rich man plough loads of money into them?

A model for any club, indeed.

A face
02/08/2007, 8:26 PM
Have some rich man plough loads of money into them?

A model for any club, indeed.

I was outlining the way they do business, which in the business world counts for a whole lot from what i can see. Their sources of revenue is something for another thread to be honest.

pete
02/08/2007, 9:02 PM
I have no problem with clubs looking after themselves but it is a problem for me after hearing Quinn & Keane butter up the media with their "we will treat eL clubs fairly" speeches last week. :(

I still think O'Donovan should have gone to Fulham as he has better chance of making an impact at a club where the manager has a plan for him.

Ireland has always been sold out by its own kind. :(

Shiba
04/08/2007, 11:01 AM
I have no problem with clubs looking after themselves but it is a problem for me after hearing Quinn & Keane butter up the media with their "we will treat eL clubs fairly" speeches last week. :(

I still think O'Donovan should have gone to Fulham as he has better chance of making an impact at a club where the manager has a plan for him.

Ireland has always been sold out by its own kind. :(

Not the 1st time by Keane really.(Ferguson in the making)

A face
04/08/2007, 11:04 AM
Not the 1st time by Keane really.(Ferguson in the making)

Keane has absolutely no respect for Irish Football.

Shiba
04/08/2007, 11:14 AM
Keane has absolutely no respect for Irish Football.

He had a good Teacher in Alex Furguson,purly self absorb and only his own success matters doesnt matter who or what they walkover.But having said that "Roy O'Donovan" is also at fault here well at least his advisors,shouldnt have cut of his nose 2 spite his face really.Always should keep your options open!

A face
05/08/2007, 1:23 AM
He had a good Teacher in Alex Furguson,purly self absorb and only his own success matters doesnt matter who or what they walkover.But having said that "Roy O'Donovan" is also at fault here well at least his advisors,shouldnt have cut of his nose 2 spite his face really.Always should keep your options open!

And in this case it could be his undoing, there are six strikers at Sund'ireland and he will have to set the place on fire to get his game. Fulham would have been a much better option for him.

Advisers, what do they know? Bright lights, headlines, media bull, taken in if you ask me.