PDA

View Full Version : Tickets go on sale 2/04/03

ian
01/04/2003, 12:01 PM
The tickets are to go on saleon 2/04/03 for the stpats game.

NorthoftheLee
01/04/2003, 12:45 PM
where besides the club are they available does anyone know?

Eamonn C
01/04/2003, 1:06 PM
I assume the usual places lennox's and cummins.
Does anybody know what price the ticket are going to be this year.

NorthoftheLee
01/04/2003, 1:24 PM
€10 ......

Colm
01/04/2003, 1:34 PM
€10 Adults
€3 kids
Addmission all areas

A face
01/04/2003, 3:01 PM
Daycint

Schumi
01/04/2003, 3:09 PM
What's the price for us student waster types?

Shed End John
01/04/2003, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by eian
The tickets are to go on saleon 2/04/03 for the stpats game.

Good job you posted that. Wouldn't have occoured to me that it was all-ticket. Just have to text the brother in town now.......

Badweather Fan
01/04/2003, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
What's the price for us student waster types?
No discount methinks.
Should be like.

thecorner
01/04/2003, 8:55 PM
dont think students should get a discount. how bout the rest of us out working hard to get a few bob for the game and a few pints

damn students want everything for free

Schumi
02/04/2003, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
damn students want everything for free No just cheap. :cool:

Dodge
02/04/2003, 2:18 PM
Pats tickets went on sale today. Stamd only. No seat numbers. Not sure how many we got

joe
02/04/2003, 3:17 PM
hear ye were getting 1000, at the top end of the donie forde stand and the first bank of seats at the st annes end (assuming ye'd need that many)

tiktok
03/04/2003, 3:27 PM
i think students should get a discount, same as oap's. there are ten thousand odd in ucc and almost as many in the cit. may as well have them in the ground making noise for 6euro than not there, city should try and tap the student population. also it gets ridiculous seeing guys who are obviouslt eighteen or nineteen getting in for kids prices because there's no inbetween at the turnstiles. i reckon charging 6euro for students (and those of leaving cert/college age) would increase rather than decrease cities gates.

and by the way, i'm not a student now, but when i was we used to get a few quid off at the gate, but i guess that's changed recently.

sadloserkid
03/04/2003, 3:42 PM
I got a student discount at the X over Christmas... explain!

tiktok
03/04/2003, 3:52 PM
strange that, but it goes to further my point, it seems that there's no structure there, a mate of mine complains that depending who's on the turnstile he might get in for 5euro, but not all the time and never if the kiosk (garden shed) is open. whether we like it or not the colleges are an untapped resource (especially with a short league year and midweek games which are traditionally like noon on sunday games). in fairness, how bad would a card saying the following be

under 13 - 3euro
oap/student - 5euro
adult - 10euro

at least then you would get students in, and get an extra few quid out of the 'thirteen year olds' with full beards and a goon of cider in their stomachs. (don't i sound like an angry old man)

sadloserkid
03/04/2003, 3:55 PM
I was planning on taking in a fair few Cork games this year as we're playing on Thursdays anyway but at a tenner a pop I doubt there'll be as many as I originally thought. And I know CCFC aren't relying on me for survival but still... :(

dalo
04/04/2003, 8:27 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
strange that, but it goes to further my point, it seems that there's no structure there, a mate of mine complains that depending who's on the turnstile he might get in for 5euro, but not all the time and never if the kiosk (garden shed) is open. whether we like it or not the colleges are an untapped resource (especially with a short league year and midweek games which are traditionally like noon on sunday games). in fairness, how bad would a card saying the following be

under 13 - 3euro
oap/student - 5euro
adult - 10euro

at least then you would get students in, and get an extra few quid out of the 'thirteen year olds' with full beards and a goon of cider in their stomachs. (don't i sound like an angry old man)

five euro for a student? wud ya ever go away and cop urself on. 10 euro is the price of a few pints. hardly a big sacrifice.

wasters:mad:

sadloserkid
04/04/2003, 8:35 AM
Originally posted by dalo
five euro for a student? wud ya ever go away and cop urself on. 10 euro is the price of a few pints. hardly a big sacrifice.

wasters:mad:

Tight git! ;)

tiktok
04/04/2003, 10:34 AM
dalo,

the point i was making is that it's better to charge students 5euro (or six, don't get your knickers in a twist, i only pulled a figure out of the air) and get a hundred of them in rather than charge 10euro and have them stay away.

i agree that 10euro isn't a huge sacrifice, i paid it's equivalent into the cross when i was a student, but 5euro is no sacrifice at all. a house of five football loving students on a friday night are unfortunately more likely to go buy their pints rather than spend 50euro between them at the cross.

as it is you have a load of 16-19 year old *****s claiming to be under 13 paying three euro while they stagger in already having had their couple of pints, what sacrifice are they making? charging them a defined student rate of 5euro would increase the takings at the gate. i think that's a perfectly fair suggestion.

pete
04/04/2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
I was planning on taking in a fair few Cork games this year as we're playing on Thursdays anyway but at a tenner a pop I doubt there'll be as many as I originally thought. And I know CCFC aren't relying on me for survival but still... :(

Fair ebough there should be a set student (with ID) rate of maybe 6 yoyos but €10 for a seat at the cross will probably be the best value in the league again this year.

dalo
04/04/2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
dalo,

the point i was making is that it's better to charge students 5euro (or six, don't get your knickers in a twist, i only pulled a figure out of the air) and get a hundred of them in rather than charge 10euro and have them stay away.

i agree that 10euro isn't a huge sacrifice, i paid it's equivalent into the cross when i was a student, but 5euro is no sacrifice at all. a house of five football loving students on a friday night are unfortunately more likely to go buy their pints rather than spend 50euro between them at the cross.

as it is you have a load of 16-19 year old *****s claiming to be under 13 paying three euro while they stagger in already having had their couple of pints, what sacrifice are they making? charging them a defined student rate of 5euro would increase the takings at the gate. i think that's a perfectly fair suggestion.

same old students. happy to sponge off everyone. pay the 10 euro or don't bother coming. if ye support the team go and watch them - if ye want a financial incentive to support football apply to d Dept of education.

some people on this site travel reguarly up and down the country to watch city. what about them?

what next - discount on beer?

personally the unemployed or oap should get preferance before some cider drinking wooly jumper types:D

sadloserkid
04/04/2003, 10:59 AM
Be that as it may Pete, but if I come down I'm looking at a bus on top of my ticket too. Accomadation won't cost me anything but it's still a fair outlay for a student who doesn't have a lot of money to throw around. I was talking this over with herself yesterday and we were definately charged a student rate for the Bray game. Can't even remember how much but there's no way in hell I paid a tenner to see John O'Flynn bang in a hat-trick. Personally I'll be less inclined to visit if it's gonna cost me a tenner every time. I realise that I'm not a Cork fan and the actual Cork fans will go regardless but as tiktok has outlined above attendances and overall gates will only be raised by giving students a discount of three or four euro at the gate.

Neil
04/04/2003, 11:00 AM
pay the 10 euro or don't bother coming.
That's a stupid attitude isin't it dalo?
Get as many people into the ground as possible would be more my line of thinking. If that means charging less for students, OAP, unemployed, kids... that's what ya have to do.

sadloserkid
04/04/2003, 11:02 AM
personally the unemployed or oap should get preferance before some cider drinking wooly jumper types:D

Why is it sponging when students get allowances and not when the unemployed or oaps do? Students are in the same boat, sod all money and football is definately an indulgence for some. I follow Limerick home and away and more of my money goes on football than any of my other hobbies . OAPS and the unemployed get a special rate because they're not working. Well guess what Dalo... neither do students!

And I don't drink cider!!! :D

dalo
04/04/2003, 11:25 AM
Be that as it may Pete, but if I come down I'm looking at a bus on top of my ticket too. Accomadation won't cost me anything but it's still a fair outlay for a student who doesn't have a lot of money to throw around. I was talking this over with herself yesterday and we were definately charged a student rate for the Bray game. Can't even remember how much but there's no way in hell I paid a tenner to see John O'Flynn bang in a hat-trick. Personally I'll be less inclined to visit if it's gonna cost me a tenner every time. I realise that I'm not a Cork fan and the actual Cork fans will go regardless but as tiktok has outlined above attendances and overall gates will only be raised by giving students a discount of three or four euro at the gate.

get a part time job. manage your finances. other students (including the girlfriend) can do it and pay the 10 euro.

besides if John o'flynn bagged a hatttrick i think 10 euro is small change.

i am unemployed and it doesn't bother me paying 10 euro. it didn't bother me paying the cost of seeing city pay when I was in college either.

look I am not anti-student but if I was a businessman and I knew I would get good to full gates on fortnightly basis why would reduce the price for a few students?

anyway the OAP's and the unemployed should get priority.

what I would like is a discount scheme for supporters who go week in week out. reward loyalty :D

sadloserkid
04/04/2003, 11:32 AM
get a part time job. manage your finances. other students (including the girlfriend) can do it and pay the 10 euro.

I'm already doing all those things. But right back at you good buddy. Do some casual short-term work or why don't you get a part-time job yourself? Manage your dole. Other unemployed can do it and pay the ten Euro. :D

Seriously I accept that you're not anti-student but students are just as deserving of a reduced price as somebody who's unemployed. The average unemployed person probably makes more on their dole than a student will get working a part-time job anyway so anything you get I should get too! ;)

Anyway, you'll probably see me at the X sporadically this year but sporadically it shall be...

James
04/04/2003, 11:39 AM
btw i'm personally taking offense (as are my wooly jumpers) to the wooly jumper comment.
expect no forgiveness on this one :D

i agree with the student discount and imo should be priced as follows

adults - 10
students - 7
kids - 5

*special price for students with wooly jumpers *4euro :)

dalo
04/04/2003, 11:42 AM
I'm already doing all those things. But right back at you good buddy. Do some casual short-term work or why don't you get a part-time job yourself? Manage your dole. Other unemployed can do it and pay the ten Euro. :D

i can happily pay the ten euro. the nice big fat redunacy package from my employers will see to that.

as for casual work I am but it's let say it's "a bit under the counter":D even if I wasn't I would still pay the ten euro, unemployed people are not always in that situation by choice. students know the story. my girlfriend finds it very f*** hard but i'd be shocked if she ever claimed she deserved preferntial treatment.

as for OAP's they deserve anything they can get. they have paid their taxes and for some football is one of the few luxaries they may have. (apart from bingo or the odd game of don ;-)

why not ring BLennox himself and ask what the situation is

dalo
04/04/2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by James
btw i'm personally taking offense (as are my wooly jumpers) to the wooly jumper comment.
expect no forgiveness on this one :D

i agree with the student discount and imo should be priced as follows

adults - 10
students - 7
kids - 5

*special price for students with wooly jumpers *4euro :)

I thoughtthe wooly jumpers went out of fashion after teenage fanclub fans grew up.:D

sadloserkid
04/04/2003, 11:45 AM
as for OAP's they deserve anything they can get. they have paid their taxes and for some football is one of the few luxaries they may have. (apart from bingo or the odd game of don ;-)

Totally agree on that. Using James price structure above as a guide I'd happily line out as follows (for Cork City):

Regular Folk: €10
Students/Unemployed: €7
OAPS/'Young Uns' :€5

James
04/04/2003, 11:58 AM
I thoughtthe wooly jumpers went out of fashion after teenage fanclub fans grew up.:D

teenage fanclub fans NEVER grow up.. its part of the charm :)

dalo
04/04/2003, 12:53 PM
good to see a fan so.:D

Colm
04/04/2003, 3:21 PM
Regular Folk: €10
Students/Unemployed: €7
OAPS/'Young Uns' :€5

I disagree that unemployed people should get a discount for the simple reason that absolutly anyone can walk up to the gate and say they are unemployed

Here's what I'd go with:
Regular price- 10
Students & OAPs- 7
Kids- 4

patsh
04/04/2003, 3:51 PM
I really cannot see the point in having a ticket that is €3 less.
Would the 3 euro stop a person going to a game?
If you can €7 surely you can pay €10?

kilbrin
08/04/2003, 2:36 PM
I got in for €5 to every home game last season just by saying I was a student at the gate except for the Derry cup game game when I had to buy a ticket.

kilbrin
08/04/2003, 2:36 PM
I got in for €5 to every home game last season just by saying I was a student at the gate except for the Derry cup game game when I had to buy a ticket.

Troy.McClure
08/04/2003, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
I really cannot see the point in having a ticket that is €3 less.
Would the 3 euro stop a person going to a game?
If you can €7 surely you can pay €10?

Id disagree. it prob wouldnt affect the hardcore fans too much, but it would put off casual supporters. It does for me going to Bohz anyway. + it would stop someone like me buying the programme then. Maybe its just coz Im a scant though:(