PDA

View Full Version : Heroes come and go. Our passion is forever

OwlsFan
01/08/2007, 4:56 PM
Advertisement for Skysports on the Premiership in today's Daily Telegraph with a picture of players underneath in this order:

Cantona/Le Tissier/Shearer/Black Arsenal player I don't recognise/Ginola/ Klinsman/Bergkamp/
Zola/Di Canio (in West Ham shirt :mad:)/Beckam/Henry/Gerrard/Lampard/Ronaldo/Rooney.

Wonder who the Arsenal player is. Nearly all forwards. No Roy Keane in the frame. SHould be in ahead of Di Canio, especially not wearing a Wednesday jersey.

superfrank
01/08/2007, 7:12 PM
Wonder who the Arsenal player is. Nearly all forwards. No Roy Keane in the frame. SHould be in ahead of Di Canio, especially not wearing a Wednesday jersey.
Viera or Wright?

Only ones I think that'd be proven enough.

Risteard
01/08/2007, 7:28 PM
Rocastle?

DmanDmythDledge
01/08/2007, 10:43 PM
Viera or Wright?

Only ones I think that'd be proven enough.
Could have been Wiltord, Kanu or Anelka also. Giving the placement of the player though it seems to be someone that was around earlier than that. Without seeing the picture I'd say it was Wright.

OwlsFan
02/08/2007, 8:15 AM
It's really bugging me. Don't think it's any of the above. ALmost sure it's not Wright. If any of you want to send me your e-mail address by pm, I can scan in the photo and send it to you. He has red hoops on the socks and the crest is on the right hand side of his shorts.

Sheridan
02/08/2007, 8:25 AM
It's in FourFourTwo this month. If you're talking about the same photo, it's Ian Wright. He has a round-necked Arsenal shirt with hopped stockings and he appears to be jogging lightly.

The order in this photo is: Cantona-Shearer-Wright-Ginola-Klinsmann-Di Canio-Beckham-Henry-Lampard-Gerrard-Rooney.

OwlsFan
02/08/2007, 9:00 AM
That's the photo ok but doesn't look like Wright to me but you're more than likely correct since they'd hardly exclude him.

stojkovic
06/08/2007, 6:33 PM
Its defo Ian Wright.

frog-gufc
06/08/2007, 6:48 PM
Rocastle?

r.i.p

kdjaC
07/08/2007, 9:18 PM
Sky Ad so would only be a PL player, football didnt exist before it seemingly.

kdjac

pete
07/08/2007, 9:26 PM
Sky Ad so would only be a PL player, football didnt exist before it seemingly.

Sky Sports did not exist so they have no knowledge of anything before.

Jerry The Saint
09/08/2007, 10:46 AM
Di Canio is a bit controversial isn't it:confused: No need to have him in - it's not like some awards where they'd be accused of snubbing him if they left him out, is it?

Dodge
09/08/2007, 11:01 AM
Well if they're talking passion Di Canio would get in my list. Was susprised to see him there myself though

OwlsFan
09/08/2007, 12:49 PM
Great player though and Wednesday's fortunes took a dive, similar to that of the referee, after he was suspended.

Roy Keane or Viera should be in ahead of him I think.

gilberto_eire
13/08/2007, 10:27 PM
Great player though and Wednesday's fortunes took a dive, similar to that of the referee, after he was suspended.

Roy Keane or Viera should be in ahead of him I think.

theres one for advertisement boards(sky sports aswell obviously) which has nearly all players listed but keane is in there and henry..no wright and i dont think beckham!!....