PDA

View Full Version : Worst DJ's?

Mad Moose
01/08/2007, 3:37 PM
Without a moments hesitation I'm going for Tony Fenton. Not helped by the fact on meeting him I found him to be very very obnoxious. I think he is very very fake. There was a time I liked Tony on his 2fm days but these days I want to smash the radio. At work its Today FM all day and when I'm in the office I'm happy enough with that. But for those two hours Tony Fenton is on.

He also tends to play his own personal favourites quite a lot. Something I remarked on to somebody once and they held the same view.

Is there worse out ther.? Is it possible?

Lev Yashin
01/08/2007, 3:49 PM
Without a moments hesitation I'm going for Tony Fenton. Not helped by the fact on meeting him I found him to be very very obnoxious. I think he is very very fake. There was a time I liked Tony on his 2fm days but these days I want to smash the radio. At work its Today FM all day and when I'm in the office I'm happy enough with that. But for those two hours Tony Fenton is on.

He also tends to play his own personal favourites quite a lot. Something I remarked on to somebody once and they held the same view.

im with you on that one but can i suggest phil cawley too...i think its a disgrace that he still has a radio show even if it had been shortened down...i fail to see who he appeals to...i like the energy of ray foley and i like ray d'arcy i generally refuse to listen to two fm as i think that a state broadcaster should not have advertisments in their shows(i feel the same about rte tv). anyway even if he was all that was on the radio i would turn off gerry ryan...i can not stand the pompus moron

Mad Moose
01/08/2007, 4:24 PM
I don't like Phil Cawley either but he's a little bit more real than Tony Fenton. Gerry Ryan was the worst for me because of the subject matter Gerry generally liked to discuss. We had battles here at work over the radio as I couldn't stand Gerry Ryan and one person here wanted 2fm. It was 2fm for years and if Gerry Ryan was unbearablwe for 3 hours a morning then Larry Gogan finished me off entirely.:D I couldn't take Larry at all. God love him.

Work is that much more bearable at the minute with Ray D'arcy in the morning and Ray Foley and to finish with 'The Last Word' for the last half hour.I'm usually out on the road so I can listen to whatever I like at that stage.

Just amazing how important the radio we listen to can shape things for us. I'm one of the few people in the office who actually are tuned in. Most don't really hear it but I tend to be tuned in and listening.

Pauro 76
01/08/2007, 4:27 PM
Hated Fony Tenton. Awful DJ. Phil Cawley was another one, rude, pompous and obnoxious git. Chris Barry on 98FM as well, Adrian Kennedy at least has some sort of respect for his listeners.

sligoman
01/08/2007, 4:53 PM
Gerry Ryan is the most arrogant voice on the radio in my opinion. I like Ray D'arcy and Ray Foley(although preferred his night time slot)

gustavo
01/08/2007, 5:17 PM
Cant stand most DJs , Darcy , Fenton , Aidan Leonard being the chief culprits . Never minded Gerry Ryan too much really

Blue-Army
01/08/2007, 7:19 PM
What about Derek Mooney.???......byeeeeeeeee! :)

declan hide
01/08/2007, 10:41 PM
Nikki fcukin Hayez! :mad:

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 8:24 AM
the gob****es who when a classic comes on and you start considering, did i have enough drink to get up off my tod and jump around for 3 mins, and next thing all this wika wika ****, scratches and all that crap. Hate them dj only my opinion though, obviously its down to my taste in music.

stann
02/08/2007, 12:46 PM
Ray D'Arcy is a tw@tball.
I had the misfortune not to have been able to avoid hearing five minutes of his inane drivel this very morning, and cringed to hear him make a complete f*ck of pronouncing The Hoosiers. This is him in a nutshell, not only is he a personality vacuum, he's just plain incompetent. How hard was it to look that up beforehand, or have someone do it for you? You're on national radio for Christ's sake!
'Hosers'. 'Hoos-ee-ays'. Tw@t!

L37Ultra
02/08/2007, 1:38 PM

Oh it has to be Gerry Ryan. I cannot stand him. its supposed to be a chat show with different views and opinions but if you disagree with Gerry then he will cut you off.. .

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 1:48 PM
Gerry Ryan, agreed.

Magicme
02/08/2007, 1:51 PM
When I once worked for an esteemed magazine Mr Fenton rang to speak to a mate of his who was my boss. When I answered the phone he said (I kid you not) "Hi this Tony Fentony from FAB 2fm, can I speak to........."

Tosser.

Lev Yashin
02/08/2007, 6:22 PM
When I once worked for an esteemed magazine Mr Fenton rang to speak to a mate of his who was my boss. When I answered the phone he said (I kid you not) "Hi this Tony Fentony from FAB 2fm, can I speak to........."

Tosser.

arguement over....lets leave it there tony fenton is the worst..and did you know his second name isn't even fenton..its something like fanning...now if your gonna pick a "stage" name why not something cool like...elton john or cliff richard!!!:confused:

Mad Moose
03/08/2007, 11:02 AM
arguement over....lets leave it there tony fenton is the worst..and did you know his second name isn't even fenton..its something like fanning...now if your gonna pick a "stage" name why not something cool like...elton john or cliff richard!!!:confused:

Its Tony Fagan. Glad we reached a consensus on this however.

Its just when I met him on Today FM I found him ignorant and obnoxious and I felt sorry for his producer going to the studio with him as she looked very very unhappy. Imagine working with that.

By the way Ray D'Arcy is an absolute legend. Great programme altogether.He's a very genuine person and thats the great thing about him. I love the show and Ray is very much the same person off the show as he is on it.:cool:

Paddyfield
04/08/2007, 9:51 PM
Nikki fcukin Hayez! :mad:

Well observed DH. She has the personality of a toenail. I detest her.

I hate when Gerry Ryan talks about Mrs Ryan. She probably doesn't listen to the tw@t but is glad to see his wage packet.

Ray Foley isn't the worst. He's fresh and is often funny.

D'Arcy tries to be everyone's friend and thinks he's a modern man because he washes the dishes, cycles to work and eats parsley soup for dinner.

Phil Cawley is neither here nor there but I never turn him off.

Dave Fanning is still stuck in the 80's but hey, that ain't such a bad thing. I heard him on Radio One recently.

Martin King (TV3 weather guy) is on Today FM on Sat mornings and he is painful. My wife thinkd that he looks better on the radio though.

I like Matt Cooper eventhough he's not a DJ. Then again, neither is Fenton.

alansmithccfc
06/08/2007, 7:38 PM
Is it me or do alot of the two fm djs have the same sort of voice?

Ryan Tubridy isnt the greatest.

GuisaSaigon
08/08/2007, 3:24 PM
Pete Tong

swain
10/08/2007, 11:43 AM
Pete Tong

Funnily enough, he's the only one mentioned that actually "DJ's", not that I like him, the rest are radio presenters who play what they are told (playlist)

I hate ALL the 2FM/Limerick 95FM chancers, and most on Today FM.

Sligo Hornet
17/08/2007, 8:18 AM
Davy Jones ( little Monkee ), Don Johnson ( flash poser ) and Derek Jacobi (I Claudius..dodgy Roman )

Dodge
17/08/2007, 8:42 AM
Any DJ with a mid Atlantic accentic. Fenton being the worst. Its like he never saw Smashy'n'Nicey on Harry Enfield's show...