bwagner
01/08/2007, 2:41 PM
Report in the Examiner today on this lad from plymouth
Stan wanted him for the usa trip but was on holidays
seems keen to play for us but.......
Your views on him guys???????

eirebhoy
01/08/2007, 3:22 PM
“I spoke to Steve Staunton in May and he asked me if I would like to play for Ireland. I said ‘yes I would’. I think he wanted me to go on the trip to America, but I was away at the time when he called. It was two days before they left. He just said: ‘We have got a friendly coming up in August, we will sort out all the paperwork and maybe look to call you up for that’. That’s what I have heard of it. Hopefully, I will get a call-up.”

“All of my mum’s side of the family come from Kildare, but I never really thought anything of it,”

“To be honest, when you are coming through the lower leagues you just think international squads have all got Premiership players in them.

“But maybe I’m closer than I thought. Playing international football would be another step up for me. I would be absolutely over the moon to make my debut.”

“I’m not assuming I’m definitely going to get a call-up. He (Staunton) knows I’m interested and might just keep an eye on me now. I’m trying not to get excited, just in case it doesn’t happen this time, but it would be nice if it did.”

http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=sport-qqqm=soccer-qqqa=sport-qqqid=38796-qqqx=1.asp

eelmonster
01/08/2007, 3:25 PM
Voted for him in the senate elections. Carrying a bit of weight, but moves like a fairy in a sweeper role. Likes to play behind the back four.

DeNiro
01/08/2007, 3:50 PM
Staunton shouldn't be worrying about a debut for this guy when he should be getting his team ready for the big games in September. What would be the benefit in bringing this guy to Denmark?:rolleyes: Here we go again!

Does he play on the left wing?

paul_oshea
01/08/2007, 4:06 PM
i hear he is very good at the back

Does he play on the left wing?

No he plays out wide

Jerry The Saint
01/08/2007, 5:12 PM
Well, if everyone else is going to...

Do you think Staunton sees him as an attacking midfielder, i.e. someone who can play in the hole, tuck in behind Robbie Keane, get stuck in with some probing runs, etc:confused::rolleyes:

That sort of thing. :)

eirebhoy
01/08/2007, 5:31 PM
NORRIS is one of the fittest and most energetic midfielders in the country. His dynamic displays on the right-hand side of midfield have made him the darling of the HomePark faithful.

Chuck began his career at Boston United in 1999, who were a non-league club at the time, but it wasn't long before the scouts came sniffing and Bolton Wanderers paid £50,000 for him in February 2000.

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce initially saw Norris as a hot-prospect for the future and farmed him back to Boston on loan.

Norris was never given the chance to shine for Bolton and after a loan spell at Hull, he joined the Paul Sturrock revolution in December 2002 after impressing the Scot while on loan at HomePark.

He has been a permanent fixture on the Argyle team-sheet ever since, and the club has had four managers in that time.

The 2005-06 season belonged to Chuck; he swept the board in the club's Player of the Season awards winning every single trophy from every branch of Plymouth Argyle Supporters' Clubs.

He was the heartbeat of the team and his fantastic displays saw the likes of Norwich and CrystalPalace linked with a move for him, but Norris showed his commitment to the Pilgrims by signing a two-year extension to his contract in the summer.

His performances last season merely enhanced his reputation and he was only pipped to a second successive Player of the Season award by the excellent form of Lilian Nalis.

http://www.pafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10364~11505,00.html

cheifo
01/08/2007, 6:34 PM
As long as he understands int refs dont tolerate tackling from behind.
Thats enough of Carry on foot.ie. Sound useful what age is he?

BobbySands
02/08/2007, 2:48 AM
This Norris sounds like he could lick the team into shape.

Bluebeard
02/08/2007, 8:18 AM
He should be given a chance, if only for the opportunity of having someone known as Chuck Norris playing for us.

If a college kid from the States can play for us...

TonyD
02/08/2007, 9:49 PM
Mention of David Norris, and it took six posts before someone mentioned playing in the hole :eek:

Sheridan
02/08/2007, 9:54 PM
Staunton: "Arrgh, get off! I said I wanted you brimming with confidence!"

greendeiseboy
07/08/2007, 11:24 AM
I'm sure staunton will bend over backwards to fit him in.

Irish_Praha
11/08/2007, 2:21 PM
Scored a few mins ago against Hull

boovidge
10/11/2008, 2:34 PM
he's put his foot in it here...

Ipswich Town midfielder David Norris has been heavily criticised for a 'handcuffs' style goal celebration intended as a show of solidarity for former Plymouth goalkeeper, Luke McCormick, who was sentenced to seven years in prison for causing the death by dangerous driving of two young brothers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/10/ipswichtown-championship

Stuttgart88
10/11/2008, 3:03 PM
It's all over the UK press today. What a tool.

Pauro 76
10/11/2008, 3:20 PM
It's all over the UK press today. What a tool.

Nice one Norris. Hope you feel better after that.

Paddy Garcia
10/11/2008, 9:32 PM
... it was actually the sign of the cross aimed at Trapp.

Rambling Along
10/11/2008, 11:09 PM
Has been clarified as just a big mis-understanding and media fueled over reaction!

Razors left peg
10/11/2008, 11:13 PM
Has been clarified as just a big mis-understanding and media fueled over reaction!

surely not:rolleyes:
the media would never over react to anything

Hibs4Ever
11/11/2008, 7:11 AM

He still hasn't explained why he done it or what he done it for (since he claims it had nothing to do with the Plymouth keepers jail sentence)

endabob1
11/11/2008, 8:40 AM
Slightly harsher reaction to this than when Tim Cahill did the same thing last season, couldn't be because one is a premiership player and therefore imune to criticism while the other is a lower league player and therefore fair game for the tabloids to rip to shreds?

Junior
11/11/2008, 8:45 AM
Probably has something to do with the parents of the killed children (RIP) being seen on national TV, explaining how hurt they were.

Cant recall what Cahills brother had been imprisoned for nor seeing any of the affected parties on tv

endabob1
11/11/2008, 8:56 AM
Probably has something to do with the parents of the killed children (RIP) being seen on national TV, explaining how hurt they were.

Cant recall what Cahills brother had been imprisoned for nor seeing any of the affected parties on tv

Not defending what he did but how aware were the parents of the actions of a championship footballer in Ipswich until the Mirror decided to make a national story out of it?
Post Brand/Ross the UK media seems to delight in taking the Moral high ground which is ironic beyond belief.

The Swordsman
11/11/2008, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't pick him - he's Ulyssess!!!:D:D:D

Philly
25/08/2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find a thread...

Any idea why David Norris has not been given a chance for Ireland? He is now Ipswitch Town's captain and has 4 goals for them so far this season. He strikes me as the sort of player Trap would be very interested in. Back in 2008, he said he would love to play for Ireland as his mother comes from Kildare. Staunton sounded him out at the time, but never actually called him up.

Deckydee
25/08/2010, 10:26 AM
Good question. But I think with Whelan, Andrews, Rowlands, and Green..........maybe Trap sees no room for him?