PDA

View Full Version : players wages

passerrby
01/08/2007, 1:24 PM
proberly only rumours and bar room gossip but am told there is at present a number of clubs not playing wages due to lack of fundsi dont want to get into who more interested in what role licensing has if any in dealing with this problem if is in fact happening.

jebus
01/08/2007, 1:27 PM
I'm sure the FAI will make it up as they go along, it seems to be what has been happening since they introduced the much anticipated licensing system. I said at the time that it would be a shambles, and I maintain that position

OneRedArmy
01/08/2007, 3:44 PM
Based on Shels non-punishment last season there seems to be no penalty for midseason licensing breaches.

The only way it would appear a team will be caught is if there are wage arrears at the end of the season when you are applying for the next seasons license.

LeixlipRed
01/08/2007, 4:06 PM
Weren't Longford punished this season and Rovers two seasons ago for mid season breaches OneRedArmy? Still infatuated with us I see :rolleyes:

OneRedArmy
01/08/2007, 4:55 PM
Weren't Longford punished this season and Rovers two seasons ago for mid season breaches OneRedArmy? Still infatuated with us I see :rolleyes:My understanding was that Rovers were punished for lying in a license application (changing the date of audited accounts) which was only discovered mid-season (although Rovers fans claim to have notified the FAI before the start of the season). As for Longford, I understand their sanction relates to a deadline they were given at License application which they subsequently missed (applying the rules correctly, as with Shels, neither club should've got a License this season).

As for being infatuated, not at all, more concerned with the Premier Division tbh.

Saint MacDara
01/08/2007, 4:55 PM
Shels should be eternally grateful to the F.A.I for not throwing them out of the league and to the Revenue for not winding them up,both mid-season