PDA

View Full Version : "LOI very very Good" - Roy Keane

Boh_So_Good
31/07/2007, 11:20 PM
He strikes me as the kind of person who would say it is crap - if the league was indeed crap.

So now we have a situation were the God of the barstoolers says our league is very, very good and yet the "sportsman Irish public" still talk about how crap it is and make fun of it.

"The League of Ireland is very, very good. The players know how to tackle, their fitness levels have improved unbelievably in the last few years and we knew it was going to be a difficult game.

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12779

jebus
31/07/2007, 11:22 PM
Are we not as bad as the barstoolers if we jump up and down and wet ourselves with excitement because Roy paid some lip service to the LOI?

passerrby
31/07/2007, 11:27 PM
when roy was a player he said what he felt now he is a manager he has to toe the party line.

micls
31/07/2007, 11:29 PM
In fairness he was asked about the quality of the league in the middle of the tour....hes hardly gonna say its rubbish just before heading to Galway.

He went on to say its very very good cos they can tackle and run........in fairness like what did he expect

Dodge
01/08/2007, 4:39 AM
Are we not as bad as the barstoolers if we jump up and down and wet ourselves with excitement because Roy paid some lip service to the LOI?

Yep. I'd be laughed out of town if I started an argument with "Even Roy keane thinks...."

Anto McC
01/08/2007, 6:12 AM

Quoted for truth.

gspain
01/08/2007, 8:24 AM
when roy was a player he said what he felt now he is a manager he has to toe the party line.

Whether he is saying what he thinks or towing the party line he is in fact spouting the truth.

pete
01/08/2007, 8:39 AM
We are all great! :cool:

reder
01/08/2007, 8:49 AM

The words "nail, hitting, head" spring to mind there. It is no surprise that he is coming out with something like this given that:

- He is indeed in the middle of a tour of Ireland.

- Sunderland have just opened their Sunderland afc tent at the Galway races.

I think the guy who put down the relegation bet was dead right. The look very poor upfront and I hope/expect that they get relegated along with Bolton and Derby.

Tir Oilean
01/08/2007, 9:48 AM
Was present for his press conference yesterday and he was the usual down to earth character but I did feel he was particuarly careful about what he was sayin. Still think is genuine about what he says. Surprisingly he spent nearly an hour signing autographs after the training session.

oriel
01/08/2007, 10:14 AM
Def agree sunderland are going to be involved in a relegation scrap, paddy power offering odds of 7/2, great value if you ask me, keane/quinn are naturally full of hype, but they are still effectively a champsionship side with the average players recruited so far, no big name striker will haunt them when the season kicks in. i def think they`ll struggle even against mid tables sides like blackburn, m'boro, villa, portsmouth etc

get on this bet now.

Jerry The Saint
01/08/2007, 10:32 AM
As one of the few top internationals to start his career here, it's in Roy's best interests to be complimentary. You'd hardly expect him to say "they're all rubbish, nothing good will ever come out of that league" :)

Torn-Ado
01/08/2007, 10:51 AM
As one of the few top internationals to start his career here, it's in Roy's best interests to be complimentary. You'd hardly expect him to say "they're all rubbish, nothing good will ever come out of that league" :)

Exactly. He's not going to come to his hometown and say:

"It is a crap league, with crap managers. The only reason I have any dealings with it is that somehow it is the league my country and they're not even Irish, the British *****. You can stick it up your ******x"

Jerry The Saint
01/08/2007, 10:54 AM
Exactly. He's not going to come to his hometown and say:

"It is a crap league, with crap managers. The only reason I have any dealings with it is that somehow it is the league my country and they're not even Irish, the British *****. You can stick it up your ******x"

Interviewer: If it doesn't work out at Sunderland maybe Cobh Ramblers will offer to take you back Roy. :)

RK: Take me back:confused: Take me back?!?:mad:

eelmonster
01/08/2007, 12:25 PM
Yep. I'd be laughed out of town if I started an argument with "Even Roy keane thinks...."

"Ask Roy Keane ..."

DmanDmythDledge
01/08/2007, 12:35 PM
Could you imagine the reaction from some people if said he thought the league was poor?...:rolleyes: