PDA

View Full Version : County sign three new players

Philly
31/07/2007, 10:06 PM
Thoroughbreds manager John Ryan has just beat the deadline to sign Bohemians duo Michael Mooney and Cathal Brady. Twenty year old Mooney is a striker while Brady who is twenty-two is a winger. Both played parts in Bohs recent friendlies against Spurs and Sunderland.

Cathal Brady hails from Rathoath, Co Meath while Mooney resides in Blanchardstown.

Also joining County for the remainder of the season will be former Kilkenny City player Darragh Hayes, who is a native of Clonshaugh. It is hoped that all three registrations will be processed in time to make them eligible for selection for tomorrow night’s game against Cobh Ramblers.
From official site
---------------------

Nice to see a few new faces. Any Kilkenny/Boh's fans have any info on these lads?

-edit , meant for KCFC forum. Stupid tabbed browsing! Mods feel free to move! -

Carlin
31/07/2007, 11:00 PM
Are they permanent signings or on loan? Both of them appeared mostly for the Under 21s, didn't get many chances in the first team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathal_Brady

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Mooney_%28footballer%29

Philly
01/08/2007, 10:11 AM
Permanent I think.

Tis-smeee
01/08/2007, 6:11 PM
Hows Conor MacDonald getting on for ye?

KildareFan
02/08/2007, 10:10 AM
McDondald has done ok without doing anything spectaular. He is away for a couple of weeks now with the Irish colleges team i think.

Of the other new lads, Mick Mooney played last night and turned in possibly the worst performance I have ever seen at this level. I presume he hasn't played for a while or maybe he is coming back from an injury so i wont be too harsh on the lad but if that's the case, why was he playing?? He was so off the pace, it was untrue, I don't know how he managed to pull a hamstring, I though that only happened to fast players?

Dean Barrett must have a pain in his a*se. It's bad enough McDonald coming from Waterford under 21's straight into the team ahead of him but for it to happen again with Mooney is ridiculous. Neither McDondald nor Mooney have shown that they deserved a chance ahead of Barrett. Barrett has a lot of faults but he deserves his chance, he made a big difference when he came on last night.

Ryan's signing's during July haven't made a lot of sense. We've signed 3 central midfielders, two strikers and a winger who couldn't get a game for Kilkenny. What is the point of all these new players? We have a big squad as it is, we need to be signing quality rather than quantity.

Also, where have all the under 21's gone? Kavanagh was on the bench last night and I saw Paul Rigney warming up beforehand but where are the likes of Paddy Mahon and Colin Osbourne, we were told that these lads were set for great things last year but now we're taking rejects from other clubs under 21 teams rather than bringing through our own? Would it not make more sense to give Mahon and Barrett a few games rather than signing players on loan from Waterford under 21's?

steno
02/08/2007, 4:22 PM
The new striker last night was a disaster the best thing he did was go off injured Dean Barret should get a start. Paddy Mahon, Colin Osbourne Paul Rigney both in the Under-21s. Would like to see Osbourne start ahead of Donnelly who wasn't great last night either.

Kildare Lad
08/08/2007, 12:48 AM
From all of these new signings, none of them have impressed me that much. We know Stephen Cooling can do the business so Im not too worried about him, but as for the rest, when I have seen them play I have not been very impressed. I agree that Barrett should be given a chance up front.