PDA

View Full Version : After 21 games

passinginterest
31/07/2007, 4:41 PM
Breaking the 21 league games so far into 3, Wexford Youths are showing clear signs of establishing themselves in the first division.

On a wave of optimism and enthusiasm the Youths took 9 points from the first 7 games.

Over the next 7 reality began to set in with the Youths losing the element of surprise and only taking 2 points.

In recent games the improvement has been noticeable and this is reflected in the fact that the Youths have 7 points from the last 7.

I think most of us are optimistic that this good form will continue in the latter part of the season and a move up to 5th or 6th in the table may not be impossible. Only 5 points behind 5th placed Athlone. Although a resurgent Shelbourne have games in hand and will be looking to make a late, and unlikely, push for the play-off place.

Sunny Jim
04/08/2007, 12:31 PM
With Shels & Mons starting to pick up wins it's getting harder for us to make any progress up the table, but as I've said before, I'll be happy enough with ninth this year.

sobersod
04/08/2007, 10:05 PM
Ill be happy with 9th too, but the way were playin at the mo we'll finish around 6th.
And never mind tonights game vs kildare, 1st goal just killed us all together,think we'll get a good result up in Finn Harps.:cool: