PDA

View Full Version : Alan Murphy

Paddyfield
31/07/2007, 3:36 AM
Alan Murphy is interviewed on the official League of Ireland site....

http://www.eircomloi.ie:82/the-people/player-zone/alan-murphy/

Position: Centre midfield
Born: 3/10/81

Career

Signed for current club:
Re-signed for Galway United in 2006 after one season at Derry City

Previous eircom League of Ireland clubs:
Galway United and Derry City

Junior clubs:
Ballinarobe

Have you always played in your current position?
No, I played as a striker for Galway United a couple of seasons ago

Best moment in career:
I was the captain of the Ireland Schoolboys side who beat England in Portman Road. That is a very special memory. Playing on Brian Kerr’s league side and winning the League Cup with Derry are also great memories.

All-time favourite footballer:
Diego Maradona. He played at a time when tackles were harsher and he was singled out by defenders but he was still a brilliant player.

Best player in the world at the moment?
I think Dimitar Berbatov was the best player in the Premiership last
season, so I'll go with him.

Which team-mate do you find playing against in training most difficult?
Probably Derek O’Brien because he is as quick with the ball at his feet as he is without the ball.

Who is the joker in the dressing room?
Kieran Foley.

The League

What food do you eat on match day?
I am the only Galway player who has another job, so my routine is very settled. I bring lunch to work with me on match-day and eat in work.

Do you have any match-day superstitions?
I never wear shinpads during warm-up.

Best pitch in the eircom League of Ireland:
The Carlisle Grounds is an immaculate surface. Terryland Park is also a great pitch to play on.

Favourite stadium to play in:
I really like going to Richmond Park because there is a great cauldron atmosphere there.

Noisiest fans to play against:
I’d have to give that to my old club, Derry City.

Most difficult opponent:
Probably Conor O’Grady of Sligo Rovers because we know each other for years so he knows my game very well.

Time Off

What do you do to relax?
I love all sport, so I’d watch any sport that’s on television or if there are any games on locally. My background is in GAA, so I enjoy getting to as many GAA games as I can.

Favourite music:
I’m a big U2 fan, and more recently I’d listen to bands like The Fray. I’m also a big fan of Andrea Bocelli, I’ve been to see him twice.

Favourite film:
I enjoy going along to the cinema. Some of my favourite films would be Braveheart, Gladiator and the Shawshank Redemption.

corbyeire
31/07/2007, 10:14 AM
Andrea Bocelli?????????????

GuisaSaigon
31/07/2007, 10:47 AM
Andrea Bocelli?????????????

I was just about to say the same thing:confused: Murphs! Get on here and explain yourself, good man.

corbyeire
31/07/2007, 1:15 PM
is this a poor attempt to allude to some sort of intellectual leanings - haha!!

pixiehead
31/07/2007, 7:59 PM
On a more serious note does anyone else agree that Murph is only giving 50% this year :confused: we need a leader in the Middle of the park and hes not living up to his role

Tir Oilean
01/08/2007, 10:08 AM
I think he was playin much better at the start of the season than he was last season not that it was hard. but i do feel he has let his standards fall of late

GuisaSaigon
01/08/2007, 11:03 AM
I think he was playin much better at the start of the season than he was last season not that it was hard. but i do feel he has let his standards fall of late
Ditto.

corbyeire
01/08/2007, 11:35 AM

yea over the last 3 months - where your head at(x2) :D