PDA

View Full Version : Shams Goals

red_away
30/07/2007, 11:52 AM
Being a member of the crowd at the magnificent display on friday i didnt get a chance to see the goals. Where cani see the goals, they may be in some of the other threads but i couldnt see them so if so my apologies in advance.

Also, i was in shoots on friday nite and speaking with some of the shams fans - they are totally deluded about their standing in irish football!

They were once the preminent team in the country but not anymore!

Red&White Rover
30/07/2007, 12:00 PM
shams fans - they are totally deluded !

Harsh but probably Fair.

red_away
30/07/2007, 1:43 PM
Cheers RT - sweet to see again, two good goals and an especially good interview from 'Pat "the ****" Scully - made a complete arse of himself! Brilliant. Unfortunately for him he was standing about 20 meters away from me but he must have being reading the paper as he couldnt have been watching the match? Claiming sligo tried to bully them?

I have only one word for Scully (to be accompanied by a slow rhytmic handclap)

EZ EZ EZ EZ etc..etc

NY Hoop
31/07/2007, 3:48 PM
Calm down calm down roger obsessed.

Rovers didnt play well friday but the ref didnt help. Good programme bought from that sligo fan that I've seen there for what seems like decades. And looks like the ground is improving.

BTW we dont deal in delusions just facts.

KOH

Guts&Glory
31/07/2007, 9:58 PM
What Shams need to ask themselves is how did they respond when they went behind.....not very well IMO.

For the second half alone they had one header before we scored an dthen not much for the remainder of the half they were not exactly barraging the Rovers goals with shots or efforts on goal.

Delusion is the word.

NY Hoop
01/08/2007, 3:12 PM
What Shams need to ask themselves is how did they respond when they went behind.....not very well IMO.

For the second half alone they had one header before we scored an dthen not much for the remainder of the half they were not exactly barraging the Rovers goals with shots or efforts on goal.

Delusion is the word.

In your opinion which counts for little in reality. Would have been straight back in the game if even one of those penalties was given.

We're third in the table and that game will give the players a good kick up the hole to maintain that spot.

BTW thankfully we werent playing there on saturday night judging by what the Irish Times printed monday.

KOH

biscuit
01/08/2007, 3:18 PM
BTW thankfully we werent playing there on saturday night judging by what the Irish Times printed monday.

KOH

it was probably some shams fans who decided to make a weekend of it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

NY Hoop
01/08/2007, 3:31 PM
it was probably some shams fans who decided to make a weekend of it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dont know who they are but how's the career in the herag going? I know of a few Rovers fans that stayed down alright but they were home safe by sat afternoon.

KOH

feo123
01/08/2007, 3:38 PM
with the first penalty, i genuinly cant decide whether it is or not. if they got it and scored it probably is a differnt game altogether. imo we should have had a penalty aswell for the push on o'grady. the 2nd one is a stone waller, it was 2-0 at the time, but again if they score and get one back who knows what may have happened.
this is never going to stop, ther'll always be penalty claims in every match you see. thats football. goals win games, shams were unlucky not to have at least one penalty, we were unlucky not to have one aswell. we scored twice and shams didn't. end of really.

NY Hoop
01/08/2007, 3:40 PM
But still counts for more than yours on here ;)

Look get over you were beating fair and square by a better footballing team.

Well over it.

Your second sentence is hilarious.

Agree about first pen. Ref was miles away so you could excuse that. Anyway swings and roundabouts, what goes around comes around. Some idiot ref will wave play on in some match to come when Ferguson decapitates someone on the goal line!

KOH

NY Hoop
01/08/2007, 3:50 PM
[QUOTE=Rogue Trader;737331]Look the record book will show we beat ROVERS 2-0 on Friday the 27th of July 2007. However there should be a note that ROVERS manager Pat Scully is clearly insane and suspected of using hallucinogenics.
QUOTE]

Too much time in sligo will do that to you.

Considering you're weekly wages bill is double ours you better hope Cook keeps you mid table.

KOH

DocRovers
01/08/2007, 4:29 PM
Pat Scully does'nt lose well. He was very ungrateful last Friday when Sligo WERE the better team. He was the same after the cup match when he disgraced himself with his comments about Faz. I have to say that, in fairness to you, your lads play the game in a great spirit & Scully gives young talent a chance. Thought Purcell's attitude in both games - both during & manner in which he took beating were superb. Great player - would he fancy a move West?

feo123
01/08/2007, 5:04 PM
what do the samhrocks rovers fans think of ferguson NY? bit of a donkey? or good?

Darco Ooragnak
01/08/2007, 9:35 PM
Highlights (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=737593#post737593)

NY Hoop
02/08/2007, 11:45 AM
Purcell move west?? Never happen. No reason to.

Ferguson is popular with Rovers fans as he adds a bit of steel to the side. Intimidation is the word.

Interview any manager straight after the final whistle when they lose and more than likely there will be something controversial said.

Here's hoping we have a proper ref next time we play.

KOH

life long red
02/08/2007, 12:09 PM
[quote=Rogue Trader;737331]Look the record book will show we beat ROVERS 2-0 on Friday the 27th of July 2007. However there should be a note that ROVERS manager Pat Scully is clearly insane and suspected of using hallucinogenics.
QUOTE]

Too much time in sligo will do that to you.

Considering you're weekly wages bill is double ours you better hope Cook keeps you mid table.

KOH
just get over it you were well beaten by sligo rvs you are worse than scully who really made a show of himself

NY Hoop
02/08/2007, 1:20 PM
[quote=NY Hoop;737334]
just get over it you were well beaten by sligo rvs you are worse than scully who really made a show of himself

Well over it pal. Hardly well beaten. Re Scully check last post.

KOH