PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna replace O'Connor?

sadloserkid
31/03/2003, 10:01 AM
??? Any ideas???

Neil
31/03/2003, 10:07 AM
Decky Daly?

sadloserkid
31/03/2003, 10:16 AM
Eh... no, hope not, I've just had Mike Kerley (player/Under 21 boss) mentioned to me as a possibility. It can only be bad news though with the new season less than two weeks away... As long as they don't give it back to Billy Kinnane! :rolleyes:

deise deserter
31/03/2003, 12:08 PM
As it is so close to the new season it looks very possible that we could be looking at a player or ex-player managing (if only on a short term basis until someone is found).

The possibilities from the team as I see it are:
1. Mike Kerly - think about his success last year with the under 21s (oh God we're doomed!!)

2. One of the Whites possibly? - Limerick true and true and definite hard-workers for the club. What's Derek up to these days?

Only speculation - although a set-up like this would not be promising I could definitely see it happening...

sadloserkid
31/03/2003, 1:30 PM
I'd quite like to see Kerley given the job with Derek Whyte as his assistant though obviously it'll be up to Kerley who he chooses as his assistant. On a point of note he was actually down to be Noel's assistant this season.

BlueisBeautiful
31/03/2003, 2:18 PM
...... O'Halloran or Gaynor would be good options.

daithi552
31/03/2003, 2:48 PM
what is jonny walsh doin these days ??????

him and ray o'halloran ....

ray would know the best junior players around town and both would have enough connections with the eircom league clubs !!!

LFC Blue
31/03/2003, 9:13 PM
I'd agree with "Blue is Beautiful".I'd have no arguments if Gaynor or O'Halloran got it.They are both respected and well known within the local and eircom league scene which is vital to attract players and gain respect from players etc.Kerly sounds a good option for assistant manager.

Fr. Joe
01/04/2003, 12:01 AM
Dermot Finnan is the man for the job.

Mac
01/04/2003, 3:42 AM
Ray o'halloran would be my choice.He's got a good knowledge of the LOI.Maybe with either Daly,Walshe or Albert as his assistant.Kerley would be a disaster.If ye thought Noel o'connor had bad people skills just wait till you see Kerley in action.You might not have 11 players to field.

sadloserkid
01/04/2003, 9:20 AM
I think Gaynor is a rude git. Let's try and get somebody who can actually speak pleasantly to the local media!!! Whatever about the post below the current crop of players apparently all have a lot of time for Mike so that shouldn't be problem. Kerley also does a lot of work with youngsters and takes in some junior football too. Johnny Walshe? Why? No experience to the best of my knowledge but I'm open to correction on that. Great player, ex-international and all round nice guy but he's not the answer. If we don't appoint from within or around the club (and I'd only consider Kerley, O'Halloran and Derek Whyte) then we should be looking at trying to lure somebody with LOI management experience.

Mac
01/04/2003, 12:41 PM
If Kerley gets the job don't be surprised to see Billy K as his assistant.

sadloserkid
01/04/2003, 1:08 PM
Originally posted by Mac
If Kerley gets the job don't be surprised to see Billy K as his assistant.

shudder :eek: :eek: :eek:

Let's hope not!