PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor and Cork City

deise deserter
31/03/2003, 9:00 AM
I have been told by a co-worker that they heard that O'Connor was going to Cork as assistant manager. Has anyone else heard the rumours?

sadloserkid
31/03/2003, 9:49 AM
Yeah... from two people now. Given that tomorrow is April Fools day I'm suspicious to be honest but I wouldn't rule it out. :confused:

deise deserter
31/03/2003, 10:59 AM
Apparently it was on the radio this morning so ....

(Can't wait for Lims Fans reply if it is true though!!!):D

sadloserkid
31/03/2003, 11:01 AM
It's true. Apparently he told the committee and players last night. I say best of luck to him.

deise deserter
31/03/2003, 1:04 PM
He's got ambition - well done Noel. Will keep a close eye on how he gets on.

Now - the big question - who will replace him???

JohnD
31/03/2003, 1:15 PM
Well I am amazed!!...Why would Pat Dolan want to bring him to Cork ???..It's a bit short notice but it could be the fresh change we need. I never rated him tatically anyway..Who could take over though?

sadloserkid
31/03/2003, 2:28 PM
Mike Kerley will be offered the job. It's up to him if he decides to take it. I was worried about it initially due toour U-21's last year but it's been explained to me that Kerley didn't have any playing pool as such which goes some way towards explaning those results. He has a lot in the way of coaching badges and qualificiations, is well-liked and I think he's inheriting a good squad that he should do well with.

JohnD
31/03/2003, 2:47 PM
That sounds impressive ..you never know could be the start of something big..and yes I am the eternal optimist !!:p