PDA

View Full Version : Athlone Town Vs. Wexford Youths LIVE UPDATES

atfconline
28/07/2007, 6:46 PM
Live Updates from Athlone Town Vs. Wexford Youths should be appearing here (http://www.irishfootienetwork.com/viewtopic.php?t=8055).

Thunder-WYFC
28/07/2007, 11:48 PM
Just back and what a sweet victory that was.

NO WALLACE,NO CRY!!!! haha

Oh No
29/07/2007, 2:36 AM
Totally deserved win lads against a totally clueless Athlone Town!!

Sunny Jim
29/07/2007, 8:54 AM
What a performance that was!! We absolutely battered Athlone for long periods of the game and should have won by more. The defence performed heroics and we looked good going forward. Loughy's goal was fantastic, he cut in from the left wing, past two or three defenders and curled it round the keeper. Patsy missed a sitter and I was sure we wouldn't hold on, but if we play like that on Tuesday, Limerick had better watch out!! Things are looking up!!

The Optimist
29/07/2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah i totally agree.We put in a great performance last night.I have seen a big improvement in the last couple of games.I think before we were showing too much respect the the oppostition.The team now seems to be coming together and playing more for one another as a team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

kopite
29/07/2007, 6:28 PM
well,well,well...........its amazing what a bit of confidence does to a few players!as in the cobh game,we got stuck in righr from the off,defended in numbers[and boy did we defend when we needed,bodies everywhere],attacked with pace and numbers,our 2 wide players were outstandin.good movement from furlong and doyle.nice to see patsy back to form,still has yer mans elbow in the back of his head!

new blue
29/07/2007, 8:23 PM
Brilliant result.
Playing with great exuberance - love that word!
Building up into a good squad.
Hope we can continue good form against Limerick.

passinginterest
30/07/2007, 10:39 AM
Delighted to hear that sort of review of a game.
If I was a Limerick fan I'd be very worried about Tuesday night.
It shouldn't be forgotten that we were missing 3 or 4 players through suspension too.

brokenstar
30/07/2007, 1:21 PM
Great result and a massive boost of confidence for the lads. With some players missing for this game yet to come back, it can only mean that we'll be stronger than ever for the upcoming games. Onwards and upwards, roll on Tuesday!

Battery Rover
30/07/2007, 2:45 PM
Highlights now available on www.athlonetowntv.com