PDA

View Full Version : Getting to your Ground?

Kildare Lad
28/07/2007, 11:54 AM
Hows it going lads? Just curious here about how to get to your ground.

Im thinking of heading to the Wexford -v- Kildare game on friday the 3rd with a few friends as i will be in Courtown anyway. So what would be the best way of getting from Courtown/Gorey to your ground?

We were thinking of getting the train to Wexford Town and figuring a way from there, but I as informed there wont be any buses going and that it is not walkable? Any ideas then?

Cheers in advance

kopite
28/07/2007, 2:36 PM
our matches are on saturdays now,if comin from gorey head down N11 thru enniscorthy,headin for wexford town,pass thru village - oylegate -[bout 3 miles from enniscorthy]and about 2/3 miles from this village you'll come up on a major crossroads,possibly sign posted for killurin to right and castlebridge to left.turn right at this junction and next left,then straight the ground will be on yer left[warning its a back country road].if landin by train,you could take a taxi out,cost about 8 euros.

Kildare Lad
01/08/2007, 1:14 AM
Right Cheers. But Now we have a small problem. Does anyone know anyway apart from taxi that we can get back to Gorey after the match? None Of us can drive so bare that in mind...Train? Bus? Anything?

dublin_owl
01/08/2007, 9:25 AM
Right Kildare Lad, I've done a bit of research on the bus timetables.

To get there the best thing to do is jump on the 16.50 bus in Gorey and you could either get off in Oylegate, but you'd have to walk about 4 miles to the ground, or get out in Wexford and get a taxi to the ground.

Getting back is the tricky bit as the last bus going back to Gorey goes through Oylegate at 20.55. Given that it's a half 6 kick-off you could struggle to make that. I suppose you could always hope to meet some friendly Kildare (or Wexford) folks that could give you a lift up the road to Oylegate.

Best of Luck

Kildare Lad
01/08/2007, 10:42 AM
Right Kildare Lad, I've done a bit of research on the bus timetables.

To get there the best thing to do is jump on the 16.50 bus in Gorey and you could either get off in Oylegate, but you'd have to walk about 4 miles to the ground, or get out in Wexford and get a taxi to the ground.

Getting back is the tricky bit as the last bus going back to Gorey goes through Oylegate at 20.55. Given that it's a half 6 kick-off you could struggle to make that. I suppose you could always hope to meet some friendly Kildare (or Wexford) folks that could give you a lift up the road to Oylegate.

Best of Luck

Sound

Thanks a Million.

WexDec
01/08/2007, 6:26 PM
You'd be in Olyegate an hour before KO and thats a long auld walk. I'd get the bus going an hour earlier if I were ye to allow plenty of time if not in a rush (plenty of vino to be drunk anyway).

Also ask the bus driver nicely if you can get off inbetween Oylegate and Wexford town. There's often these intermediate stops that you have to request drop-off or wave to be picked up. There 'may' be one at the Crossabeg/Killurin cross. It seems a likely spot for one as the road is wide there and its a majorish junction for those getting picked up for rural destinations outside of town. I believe its called Kyle Cross and I was nearly sure there is a stop although its not on the national timetable. Jesus there must be. That would be far better for ye especially coming back. Try ringing Wexford train station they'll let you know (yeah I know its a train station but its a Wexford thing). If so the later bus may do.

From there just take the back road at the opposite side to the road (carefull crossing of course) that you'll be getting off and take the first left and you'll eventually see the ground on your left, its hard to miss given the rural surroundings and there's little black signs every so often. Even that bit would be a walk though so wouldn't fancy it all the way from Oylegate. You should pick up a lift mind coming up to KO, we're friendly to the awayers ! Just rewind then to hopefully pick up the return at Kyle's Cross.

Jeez I'd have picked ye up but will be in Cork this weekend.

P.S. You might have deja vu when you another Kyle cross or two during the match :D Enjoy (but not too much I hope)

sobersod
03/08/2007, 9:27 PM
Doubt you'l find a way back 2 Gorey at 10 in the night lad, best hope is taxi, no busses going exept if your lucky to get the Dublin bus.

Philly
05/08/2007, 3:13 PM
The lads paid 150 for a round trip with a taxi! There's dedication for ya.

steno
05/08/2007, 3:23 PM
Madness did you go?

Battery Rover
05/08/2007, 3:26 PM
The lads paid 150 for a round trip with a taxi! There's dedication for ya.

Thank god I am not the only mad person spending that much every week going to matches

steno
05/08/2007, 3:27 PM
Your crazy as well.

Brady Bhoy
07/08/2007, 12:32 AM
All 6 of us, world class! :D

We'll be back! :cool: