PDA

View Full Version : George O Callahan for Longford?????

Pat MacGroyne
29/03/2003, 11:24 PM
A source who wishes to remain annoymous yet is connected to Cork City F.C. told me yesterday that George and Dolan have not seen eye to eye since Pats arrival on Leeside.

The trouble started first when in a training session a while back George pulled a hamstring muscle and requested to leave early. Pat said no and made George carry on in pain.

Pat is also supposed to have told George that he is 4th choice up front with O'Flynn,Colin P and Doyle ahead of him. It is also worth noting that this could change if Foley comes to us.

Pat told George that if a good offer came in then George could leave. This alerted the likes of Derry City, Shamrock Rovers and Longford Town and an unknown English Division 3 side. However Longford have apparently offered a good deal to George.

I have no reason to doubt my source. Has anyone else heard about this or is it my scoop?? What do ye think about this lads?

Oh yeah how do I get a City Crest under my name I want one!!!

A face
29/03/2003, 11:29 PM
If this is true then it is really bad news and he'll come back to haunt us if it is another domestic club gets him.

Please let not be true.

George O'Callaghan Tra la la la la

Pat MacGroyne
29/03/2003, 11:32 PM
If Foley comes to City Id let him go. If Foley doesnt Id keep him.
His form did slip last year though towards the end of the season.
Totally agree though he could come back to haunt us

James
29/03/2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Pat MacGroyne
yeah how do I get a City Crest under my name I want one!!!

read here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6134) for help on crests

Pat MacGroyne
29/03/2003, 11:44 PM
Thanks James

James
29/03/2003, 11:49 PM
no bothers PAT, all part of the service like :D

thecorner
30/03/2003, 12:26 AM
id say someone trying to stir s**t

Colm
30/03/2003, 1:15 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
id say someone trying to stir s**t

I'd say you're right.

Éanna
30/03/2003, 5:36 PM
well george was interviewd in one of the tabloids the other day (think it was the sun) singing dolan's praises- saying how great his fitness was and how he was the man to get more out of the players- he also admitted he'd been lazy last season

A face
30/03/2003, 8:10 PM
Can the rumour mill please confirm it's findings !!

Badweather Fan
30/03/2003, 8:22 PM
Originally posted by A face
Can the rumour mill please confirm it's findings !!
What?
8 and a half hours after first posted.
Methinks not.

patsh
30/03/2003, 9:43 PM
If this rumour is true, then George should get an Oscar for the interview he gave the BRB. He is extremely happy at City, is delighted with the new fitness regime, the more professional attitudeat the club and the optimism Dolan has brought. Doesn't sound like a man who has a problem with the manager, plus he has played well and scored in the 4 matches so far. I think (and hope) that this "rumour" is a load of chit.

NorthoftheLee
31/03/2003, 10:19 AM
im with you here oddboy...hope he stays....he did have an up and down season..but he was very good in a lot of games last year. It was his first year in the EL, so we should see the best of him this year..If he is played in a midfield role, we could see him shine more often than not!!

Shed End John
31/03/2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
I think (and hope) that this "rumour" is a load of chit.

It pains me to say this, seeing as oddboy and I are the best of friends, but, I actually agree with him. George was left hopelessly frustrated at centre-forward last season by a manager who was too inept to see/know any different. Given a chance to prove himself in attacking midfield, I'm sure George will prove his worth to City.

A face
31/03/2003, 12:29 PM
Pat, me auld codger, you're cauing all sort of trouble, ya litle prankster :)

patsh
31/03/2003, 1:03 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
It pains me to say this, seeing as oddboy and I are the best of friends,
Not as much as the pain inflicted on you by your bugger chums yesterday....;)

Shed End John
01/04/2003, 1:40 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Not as much as the pain inflicted on you by your bugger chums yesterday....;)

Not HALF as much now that you mention it. What am I SAYING??? Agreeing with you was by an absolute MILE the most painful thing I've EVER had to do.;)

Pat MacGroyne
01/04/2003, 6:06 PM
Rumour mill wishes not to be named and I promised I wouldnt but they are connected to CCFC.

If Im wrong and most of ye seem to agree I am then I will gladly take stick but of course Dolans going to play George in pre-season because hed want a fully fit squad and sure whod buy an unfit player??:D

Honestly though I was just telling ye what I heard because I got the impression we had another Gunther in relation to grudges not tactical retardness.

If Im wrong feel free to give me stick but if Im right expect a I told ye so thread!!!:D :D :D

Colm
01/04/2003, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by Pat MacGroyne
I got the impression we had another Gunther

Don't be so ridiculous.

dalo
02/04/2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
well george was interviewd in one of the tabloids the other day (think it was the sun) singing dolan's praises- saying how great his fitness was and how he was the man to get more out of the players- he also admitted he'd been lazy last season

nah george is staying and foley isn't coming. so george admitted he was lazy, don't expect any difference this season either.

actually i would hate to see woods or george leave. their problem isn't one of ablity - far from it. the problem is one of attitude.

Pat MacGroyne
05/04/2003, 6:07 PM
Its in todays Sun (pg60) that "Longford Town are weighing up whether they should sell Eric Lavine to finance a double swoop for Ciaran Martyn and George O Callahan"

Further on it says George is unhappy with the delay in offering him a new contract.

It also says though that Dolan has denied strongly reports that Georgie can leave.

Wait and see what develops is my opinion

thecorner
05/04/2003, 8:21 PM
has to be true so if its in the sun:D :p :D :p

shedboy
06/04/2003, 2:00 PM
Was talking to George out on Friday night and he said he was happy at city and all talk of him leaving was rubish