PDA

View Full Version : Derry City v GUFC 29/7/2007

MyTown
27/07/2007, 9:42 AM
Just had a look at the Predictions Thread.

Things are looking up for the weekend...........in a perverse kind of way:D

Last week most forecasters had us down for a stone wall home win against the Seagulls, and, unsurprisingly they s$at all over us:o

This week, only two or three lads are prepared to hold out the hope of even a draw for us, with most predicting a 2 or 3 goal Derry win. I like that kind of karma.

But back in the real world I think Martyn and Morrow are still keen enough to shake the rest of the Derry squad out of their torpor and we have the distractions of Wednesday and Waterford to face after it. A draw would be something to be very grateful for IMO.

Conor H
27/07/2007, 9:52 AM
Some pride in the jersey from the a few of the current full time professional playing staff would be much appreciated.

Can't see anything but a loss though.The reality is though we must get 4 points from the next 2 games.

corbyeire
27/07/2007, 11:43 AM
a performance of some sort - even in defeat - and not just hoof it for 90mins

Ceirtlis
27/07/2007, 11:49 AM
With our away record this year i think we have a great chance of getting something here. Derry should be still be physically feeling the effects of the trip over and back to Armenia and playing in what was apparently intense heat and mentally i think they could be effected because they know they had chances to beat that crowd. We were bad last week but we havent put too many bad performances back to back this year.

gufct
27/07/2007, 12:05 PM
I feel we will get something up there if we had one of our three forwards back id even fancy a win.Very impressed with some of the u21's on wednesday and good to see that Tony is trying to get one more player in the window.

Mr A
27/07/2007, 12:27 PM
Derry might be suffering from the trip but they have the likes of Hutton and Farren that didn't even play much part out there. They have a tremendously strong squad overall, and could field a pretty decent second eleven. All that said they're in poor enough form apart from the Sligo result and a draw could well be on the cards.

Tir Oilean
27/07/2007, 1:41 PM
Some pride in the jersey from the a few of the current full time professional playing staff would be much appreciated.

Can't see anything but a loss though.The reality is though we must get 4 points from the next 2 games.

Too late Conor IMO we needed those four points from Waterford and Bray our two nearest rivals.

gufct
27/07/2007, 2:25 PM
The negativity seeping in here is crazy if waterford lose in Drogheda tonight ane we win our next 2 Matches we will be seven points ahead of them with a game in hand. The Team needs the support now its easy when your winning but the real sign of a true supporter is one who backs his Team through thick and Thin.

I wish to apologise that im missing the game as I have wedding on sunday but I will be in bits waiting for news all day.

MyTown
27/07/2007, 2:36 PM
gufct:
Agree: That the team never needed support more

Disagree: That this is a negative thread - realistic yes - but not negative

gilberto_eire
27/07/2007, 3:01 PM
The negativity seeping in here is crazy if waterford lose in Drogheda tonight ane we win our next 2 Matches we will be seven points ahead of them with a game in hand. The Team needs the support now its easy when your winning but the real sign of a true supporter is one who backs his Team through thick and Thin.

I wish to apologise that im missing the game as I have wedding on sunday but I will be in bits waiting for news all day.

ill grill over whether to accept this apolgy!!:D........:p
i can see this been a draw!...scoreless too!!

inthestand99
27/07/2007, 4:39 PM
:ball:Lads, lads, lads. Its difficult not to be negative while being realistic! We should have expected six points from Bray and Waterford. Sadly that can now only be three. If we get anything in Derry it will be a bonus. Hard to see W'ford getting anything Boyneside tonite. The importance of the Waterford game cannot be stressed enough!!!! I know I said it here before and will probably get roasted for saying it again but the reality is to finish in tenth place would keep us up! Lets concentrate on staying up this year with a squad that is almost unrecognisable from last year. Then push on next year and consolidate ourselves in the Premier. Lets enjoy the marathon up to Derry and have a bit of fun when Roy and co come to town. Three points from Waterford will come......won't it lads.....won't it lads.....won't it lads!

Conor H
27/07/2007, 4:53 PM
MyTown is spot on.There's a fine line bewteen pessismism and realism.
Some of us prefer to avoid walking this line and instead stay on the delusionary platform.

pixiehead
27/07/2007, 10:54 PM
We are 9/2 in Ladbrokes. No harm in a €20. Think Citys Morale took a beating in Armenia ;)

gilberto_eire
27/07/2007, 11:22 PM
We are 9/2 in Ladbrokes. No harm in a €20. Think Citys Morale took a beating in Armenia ;)

in all fairness i was laughing foir the 1st few games when i was backing us a 6/1-8/1 thinking the prices were ridicioules....turned out they were'nt.... i saw the 9/2 and it didnt look that mouth-watering in comparison to the ones earlier in the season i had!!:mad:

GuisaSaigon
29/07/2007, 2:47 PM
is the game going to be on GBFM?

gilberto_eire
29/07/2007, 3:03 PM
is the game going to be on GBFM?

i hope so but ya wouldnt know since its not on a friday!.... ill be experieccing my 1st game on GBfm
:D

GuisaSaigon
29/07/2007, 3:12 PM
It's a strange feeling - shouting at radio!

Tir Oilean
30/07/2007, 12:00 AM
MyTown is spot on.There's a fine line bewteen pessismism and realism.
Some of us prefer to avoid walking this line and instead stay on the delusionary platform.

Here here

gufct
30/07/2007, 8:51 AM
Im still on the platform Connor excellent point

Conor H
30/07/2007, 9:38 AM
Im still on the platform Connor excellent point

:rolleyes:

Mr A
30/07/2007, 10:02 AM
Did ye make the Brandywell on time? RC rang me for directions but I don't think I was much help as there were so many different possible routes ye could have taken in towards the city centre.

MyTown
30/07/2007, 10:03 AM
A point in the Brandywell has been a very rare event over the years, so I'm well pleased.

Very happy for our goalie too who took justifiable stick for the result against Bray but bounced back in some style last night. Well done Gary.

We've drawn more than anyone else in the League so is 33 points a realistic target? And will it be enough to secure 10th place?

gufct
30/07/2007, 10:09 AM
was talking to willie they were on time until the bus driver decided to go walkabout and ended up in omagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyTown
30/07/2007, 10:12 AM
was talking to willie they were on time until the bus driver decided to go walkabout and ended up in omagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omagh, Tyrone or Omagh God? :o

Tir Oilean
30/07/2007, 4:36 PM
Omagh, Tyrone or Omagh God? :o

Very good My Town!

KoemansCC
30/07/2007, 6:46 PM
We've drawn more than anyone else in the League so is 33 points a realistic target? And will it be enough to secure 10th place?

Not just this season, we had 12 draws last season and I'm pretty sure we had something similar the previous year...