PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite ground?(other than your own)

Bosco
29/03/2003, 7:04 PM
Whats your favourite ground other than your own?

I'd have to say Turners Cross

I'd make this into a pole but it doesn't seem to work

UCD_4_Life
29/03/2003, 7:10 PM
Dalymount.

It's a great ground it's just to bad about the shower of ba$tards that play in it.;)

pineapple stu
29/03/2003, 7:13 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Dalymount.

It's a great ground it's just to bad about the shower of ba$tards that play in it.;)

Have to echo that alright. Love watching them play too when it's not against us...

Schumi
29/03/2003, 7:29 PM
Either Dalymount or Flancare.

Colm
29/03/2003, 7:55 PM
Mine would have to be Dalymount or the Flansiro. For the purposes of this poll I'm voting for Dalymount.

Saint32001
29/03/2003, 9:55 PM
Tolka, we've had some good days there!!!!

Badweather Fan
30/03/2003, 5:07 PM
Well, its near like.

Gary
30/03/2003, 10:42 PM
Who voted for Belfield????????????????????//

Me; well it would be definitely the Flansiro. Mad away trip and a dead nice ground (though going to the toilet is a trek).

Dalymount is ok for dublin.

My least fav is defo Bray. What a dump!

James
31/03/2003, 8:35 AM
fav flansiro, also like the brandwell(nice feel to it), and Sligo's Showgrounds with the new stand looks good

hate O2park, and bray (brrrr)

Pauro 76
31/03/2003, 9:24 AM
Tolka i suppose.... never been to Turners Cross wud ya believe! Worst defintely are O2 Park and Brrrrray’s ground, Carlisle Grounds....thank God we dont have to go there this year...

Shed End John
31/03/2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bosco
Whats your favourite ground other than your own?

I'd have to say Turners Cross

Thanks for giving the X the thumbs up, Bosco. I said Tolka, or anywhere else that City play Shels for that matter. My line of thinking being something to the effect of: RDS 1993, Dalymount 1998, and Tolka Park 2000. All great days for City, and great days out for us, the fans.

pineapple stu
31/03/2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Who voted for Belfield????????????????????//

I was wondering that as well!

And six votes for the Stadium of Sh!te?! :confused: Can't be right either.

SÓC
31/03/2003, 1:18 PM
Voted for Dalymount, nicest of the Dublin grounds, Flansiro of course is also brillent. I like Belfield though, if only UCD could get more student wasters to go there, its very easy to get to, during my exile I held a soft spot for UCD so Im biased I suppose.

@ndy
31/03/2003, 3:03 PM
Flancare...Section N ;)

Jaime
31/03/2003, 4:55 PM
Dalymount. **** not voting for your own. :D

wanderette
02/04/2003, 8:52 AM
why does everybody hate the carlisle so much?
i honestly don't think it's that bad. i know it can be a bit draughty in winter, but with the whole summer soccer thing now, sitting on the far side on a sunny day is really nice. yeah the facilities are kinda poor, but we're workin on that, and surely the fact that for the dubs its a day by the seaside should give it a few brownie points.

and the best thing about the humble little carlisle....there's no bohs fans there....at least not too often

Schumi
02/04/2003, 2:17 PM
Why does everybody hate the carlisle so much?
Because it's cold, there's no roof over the seats and there's loads of young scumbags who enjoy throwing rocks, chips, sweets and assorteds other $hit at away fans.

Macy
02/04/2003, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Why does everybody hate the carlisle so much?
Because it's cold, there's no roof over the seats and there's loads of young scumbags who enjoy throwing rocks, chips, sweets and assorteds other $hit at away fans.
And even when you finally manage to find a steward they won't do anything clear the little chits out of it.....

It's not only about the state of the ground, or the game in general (for example cork have a sh!te record in Flancare) - about the whole experience.... That's where Bray lose the most points....

Xlex
02/04/2003, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
And six votes for the Stadium of Sh!te?! :confused: Can't be right either.

I'd say it's the best town away venue, we either do well or walk away with a feeling that 'had we been a little luckier we could have managed a draw'

Colm
02/04/2003, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by Jaime
Dalymount. **** not voting for your own. :D

Jamie the poll specifically said "whats your favourite ground APART FROM YOUR OWN?
So since you chose to ignore that part of the question I have discounte your vote!:p

Martystapo
07/04/2003, 10:10 AM
My favourite ground would be Turners Cross for the atmosphere and Dalymount Park(very impressive ground)
Worst ground 02 park, Carlisle(brrrr!), Belfield)(no support)

Martystapo
07/04/2003, 10:10 AM
My favourite ground would be Turners Cross for the atmosphere and Dalymount Park(very impressive ground)
Worst ground 02 park, Carlisle(brrrr!), Belfield)(no support)

Bosco
07/04/2003, 9:27 PM
I don't mind 02 that much,as a ground yeah its ****e but theres always a good aul buzz about the place especially when your winning(the drog fans can't take it)

lefty
09/04/2003, 2:29 PM
It has to be Dalymount Park I cant wait to go there on Friday night. Everything about the place is so professional. Its great, brilliant atmosphere and full house and also the loevly bar in the ground gives it extra bonus points.

Rocky
15/04/2003, 11:33 AM
Would have to be Tolka. Very neat!

Surely the list should include the 1st division. Our ground (Showgrounds) and terryland (hate to say it!) are better than many in the premier.

Bosco
15/04/2003, 3:33 PM
I must say I like the showgrounds.Was hoping ye'd get promoted so i'd have a reason to go there.

dortie
16/04/2003, 6:23 AM
Has to be Daler !

Worst has to be Belfield, Carlisle grounds not far away.