PDA

View Full Version : Plea$e don't tell me....

SSS
29/03/2003, 5:51 PM
Noel Spillane on Big Red Bench has indicated that it was financial matters that ultimately led to Bruton not signing.
How the hell can Cobh effctively outbid CCFC!!!!

I know it's not a case of basic wage being the problem - that appearances were important, but surely Cobh have no cash and CCFC are rolling in it in relative terms..Willie would have solved the RM position problem.

Colm
29/03/2003, 7:50 PM
I heard that alright but the impression I got was that City just weren't willing to offer him as much as he thought they would.
Cobh may have offered less than City but if the margin of difference wasn't very big he may have just decided to stay loyal to Cobh.
Nothing to worry about.

SÓC
30/03/2003, 9:30 PM
Originally posted by Colm
I heard that alright but the impression I got was that City just weren't willing to offer him as much as he thought they would.
Cobh may have offered less than City but if the margin of difference wasn't very big he may have just decided to stay loyal to Cobh.
Nothing to worry about.

Or perhaps it was that City wanted him to go fulltime and he'd make more by staying with his day job and playing for Cobh, just a though

patsh
30/03/2003, 9:46 PM
I think it comes down to the structure of the contracts Dolan has put in place. Those who play the most, get paid the most. You need to be in the first eleven and Bruton was not guaranteed that.

Badweather Fan
31/03/2003, 8:15 AM
Well i'd have thought right midfield would have been his Oddboy.

patsh
31/03/2003, 8:40 AM
Well going on comments from Dolan, Bruton would not have got the place automatically.
As I said, Dolan has put in place a different type of contract, and Bruton was not very sure about that either.

niamh
31/03/2003, 9:50 AM
After all the fuss though, it is annoying that he didn't even sign in the end. Another attacking player would have been great for the club.