PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Movie

Dodge
25/07/2007, 11:15 PM
Just saw it. Pretty damn good. Some unbelievable laugh out load moments which I won't ruin. Suffice to say go to see it soon before everyone is tlaking about them.

Yours,
A relieved fan boy

Risteard
25/07/2007, 11:23 PM
Ya, basically like a good long episode.
Roll on seven or eight sequels please.
Someone told me that every surviving character is in the film. Can't think of someone that would catch him out.
Aha, Marvin Monroe.

tetsujin1979
25/07/2007, 11:55 PM
Ya, basically like a good long episode.
Roll on seven or eight sequels please.
Someone told me that every surviving character is in the film. Can't think of someone that would catch him out.
Aha, Marvin Monroe.
Munroe is alive, but he wasn't in an episode for 8 years (could be more)
Saw an interview with the guy who does his voice, and said he hated doing that voice more than any other.
Quick trivia - in the Simpsons 137th episode spectacular, Troy McClure says that he was not one of the 2 major characters killed off - he was never a major character!!

Snoop Drog
26/07/2007, 12:08 AM
in the Simpsons 137th episode spectacular

It was the 138th episode- sorry to be pedantic ;)

max power
26/07/2007, 2:19 AM
Just saw it. Pretty damn good. Some unbelievable laugh out load moments which I won't ruin. Suffice to say go to see it soon before everyone is tlaking about them.

Yours,
A relieved fan boy

Saw it today as well and honestly wasn't really impressed. Maybe i expected too much and a lot of the best bits were in the trailer..........

I'll go again with mrs power next week and see does it touch the right nerve second time round

BohsPartisan
26/07/2007, 10:20 AM
Transformers and Sherrybaby are my priorities for this weekend.

gustavo
26/07/2007, 11:24 AM
I thought it was good enough but again was expecting better for some reason , again had it been somthing which i had just walked in off the street having never heard of the Simpsons i would probably have thought it was brilliiant ,

superfrank
26/07/2007, 11:28 AM
I get the feeling that it's going to be very childish, so as to be able to get more kids into it and get a lower rating. I'll go see it if I get the chance but with the way th programme's been sliding in recent years I wouldn't really expect too much.

Dodge
26/07/2007, 11:34 AM
I get the feeling that it's going to be very childish, so as to be able to get more kids into it and get a lower rating. I'll go see it if I get the chance but with the way th programme's been sliding in recent years I wouldn't really expect too much.

Its definitely not aimed at kids...

Lev Yashin
26/07/2007, 12:25 PM
watched it last night, i am a massive fan but i do think the show has gone downhill in the last few years.

anyway i thought the first half of the film was excellent genuinely hilarious at times but i thought as it went on it suffered a little...still well worth a watch...but being the fan i am i came out a little let down but maybe i wanted/expected too much

sligoman
29/07/2007, 4:21 PM
Went last night. Very good in my opinion. As someone above said, like a very good long episode.

red rovers
29/07/2007, 4:43 PM
Went yesterday great movie.Cant wait for the second one.

KoemansCC
29/07/2007, 8:48 PM
Just back from the cinema, can't say I was overly impressed...it is a good film, maybe I was just expecting it to be better with all the reviews I heard...I still think there were episodes that were funnier. I'm downloading it at the moment so I might watch it again tomorrow to catch any jokes I missed...

Anto McC
30/07/2007, 6:31 AM
I was a little dissappointed myself.

anto1208
30/07/2007, 8:51 AM
I liked it , didnt blow me away but its rare enough these days that a film does i cant remember that last film i saw in the cinema that wow'd me.

Some really good laughs in it .

You cant kill an animal if its wearing people clothes :D

endabob1
30/07/2007, 9:24 AM
I'd agree with it being very good but not mind blowingly fantastic, made me laugh out loud several times which is good enough for me.

citizenerased
01/08/2007, 9:30 AM
thought it was ok, a little disappointed to be honest a few funny bits, but not great..id give it 3 stars out of 5...possibly expectations were too high

Babysis
02/08/2007, 4:56 PM
I was expecting to have seen all the funniest bits in the trailers etc, so I was nicely surprised. Not the funniest film ever, but was good and I enjoyed it.

shedite
03/08/2007, 8:59 AM
Saw it last night. Simpsons TV show is just lighthearted TV to occupy your mind. The movie was the same. Fun night out. Some adult bits and definately not aimed at children.

For those of ye who haven't gone yet, Maggie's first word is at the end of the credits, so don't leave until they're over.

jebus
03/08/2007, 11:35 AM
Saw it last night, wasn't bad to be honest, wasn't a patch on South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, and probably not worth the hype that is surrounding it, but a well spent tenner none the less

DaveyCakes
03/08/2007, 11:54 AM
Pretty mediocre. Its a pity that such a good series could lose it so badly.

anto1208
03/08/2007, 12:36 PM
Saw it last night. Simpsons TV show is just lighthearted TV to occupy your mind. The movie was the same. Fun night out. Some adult bits and definately not aimed at children.

For those of ye who haven't gone yet, Maggie's first word is at the end of the credits, so don't leave until they're over.

She all ready said daddy on the tv series :p

pineapple stu
05/08/2007, 8:36 PM
And "daddly doodly".

Decent film. Worth going to see. Somewhere between the current episodes and the classic ones; probably nearer the classic end of things.

SligoBrewer
05/08/2007, 9:19 PM
Saw it last night, wasn't bad to be honest, wasn't a patch on South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, and probably not worth the hype that is surrounding it, but a well spent tenner none the less

100% agree

Bluebeard
06/08/2007, 9:25 AM
And "daddly doodly".

And also something like "this is a most disturbing dimension", presumably voiced by James Earl Jones in a Treehouse of Horror

biscuit
06/08/2007, 11:48 AM
hihlight is when flanders wants to confess something in church....
homer - "gay, gay , gay"!!
good watch, not what i expected but the what more could be done!