PDA

View Full Version : Longford Game

centre mid
24/07/2007, 4:37 PM
A must win game surely, a chance to leap frog Derry maybe and put a bit of light between us and the bottom half. Whats the news on franco?

Cabinteelygull
24/07/2007, 7:44 PM
Should beat Longford comfortably enough. Didn't hear news on franco please god its not as bad as dunphy out for 4-6 weeks :(

centre mid
24/07/2007, 7:50 PM
Didn't hear news on franco please god its not as bad as dunphy out for 4-6 weeks :(

doh :(

Cabinteelygull
24/07/2007, 7:56 PM
indeed, that would leave us with fox and franco or fox and o'shea. Not too worried as our midfield is quality at the mo in my opinion.:ball:

centre mid
24/07/2007, 8:02 PM
I know franco took a knock against Galway, not sure if he is out or not for friday, Foxy and O Shea probably.

superfrank
24/07/2007, 8:14 PM
Or Foxy and Broderick. With all respect, you wouldn't want to bet on O'Shea scoring right now.

With the way the lads are playing at the moment I think anything less than 3 points is a let down. Longford are very poor this year and we should beat them.

EDIT - Very vague news on the two lads here (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=28604)

superfrank
24/07/2007, 11:50 PM
Apparently Longford "dominated" the second half tonight against Sheffield United. Hopefully they wore themselves out while they were at it. :D

BrayUnknowns
25/07/2007, 8:59 AM
Friday is going to be very tough - Dunphy gone for 4-6 weeks, Franco, Daz really struggling to be fit. Caffo, Tyrell defo out through injury and Duggo suspended. Broderick had a boot smashed into his face in the U21 game on Sunday morning so will be out as well.

Longford are playing ok at the moment and picked up a big win last weekend and apperantly should have beaten Sheff Utd last night. They have players who can turn the game on their own so i would be a bit warey especially seeing as we have so many players missing.

Grasshopper 99
25/07/2007, 9:38 AM
Apparently Broderick is out too, got a nasty knock playing for the u21s last sunday

centre mid
25/07/2007, 11:20 AM
Just saw that Colie James has gone to Longford, so he will play bray 2 weeks on the bounce for two different teams? is that a first in the league I wonder

BrayUnknowns
25/07/2007, 11:22 AM
No he wasn't involved in the Galway Squad last week. He had pretty much left the club at that stage

centre mid
25/07/2007, 1:28 PM
No he wasn't involved in the Galway Squad last week. He had pretty much left the club at that stage

I thought i saw his mug on eircom league weekly

BrayUnknowns
25/07/2007, 3:14 PM
Nope...

Galway United: 1 Gary Rogers; 2 Regilio Nooitmeer, 5 John Lester, 4 Wesley Charles (c), 3 Philip Reilly; 7 Barry Moran, 6 Shaun Fagan, 10 Alan Murphy, 11 Derek O'Brien; 9 Vincent Faherty, 8 Derek Glynn

Subs: 12 Daryl Robson (for Fagan 76), 13 Shane Tracy, 14 Ciaran Foley (for O'Brien 52), 15 Alan Gough, 17 Cathal Fahy (for Flaherty 76)

it might have been Glynn, very similar build as James.

centre mid
25/07/2007, 4:52 PM
Nope...

it might have been Glynn, very similar build as James.

Fair Enough

superfrank
26/07/2007, 6:15 PM
Not looking good. (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=551&tt_news=154)

dublinwanderer
27/07/2007, 4:21 PM
must win.

even with all those players injured we still have a strong enough squad. if i was the manager i'd pick: williams, kenny, delaney, deans, cronin, kavanagh, cawley, hurley, mccabe, fox, franco (if not fit o'shea). eddie will prob play gough instaed of kenny though :(

hopefully everyone will get behind the team and i hope a decent crowd turns up. havent heard anything all week about the match - which is a shame.

mightyseagull
27/07/2007, 4:33 PM
hopefully everyone will get behind the team and i hope a decent crowd turns up. havent heard anything all week about the match - which is a shame.[/QUOTE]

here now i aint bein going to the games as long as u but even i no that bray dont do addvertising

RockofGibraltar
28/07/2007, 8:08 AM
Should beat Longford comfortably enough.

How do your words taste mate?

bray boy
28/07/2007, 11:21 AM
apalling absolutley wanting to kill yourself football

superfrank
28/07/2007, 12:07 PM
It was so frustrating to watch. A bit more end product (I hate that saying) and we would have scored. Apart from there period at the start, the only had breakaway chances and they still scored 3 goals. Shocking defending all night long. And nobody was able to create a clear cut chance, although Kenny missed two open nets.

Only good point was that the young lad got a goal late on. Otherwise it was a poor performance by all involved.

Me and SDG were in the Hibo afterwards and Eddie, Keith and Tarz looked pretty ****ed off and fed up, especially Eddie. Hopefully he gives the lads a good kick up the arse cause that was simply not good enough.

Cabinteelygull
28/07/2007, 12:13 PM
How do your words taste mate?

:rolleyes: excuse me for giving an opinion on a game. i did think we would win comfortably, and i was nice about it. Could have said we should ''hammer that shower of ****e bottom of the table'' but i didn't:)

Don't know where that performance came from following on from what has been good-to-watch football over the last few weeks! needs to be sorted out.

RockofGibraltar
28/07/2007, 6:01 PM
:rolleyes: excuse me for giving an opinion on a game. i did think we would win comfortably, and i was nice about it. Could have said we should ''hammer that shower of ****e bottom of the table'' but i didn't:)

yea but then u wud hav just been a w***er

Stevo Da Gull
28/07/2007, 11:24 PM
As I said to Superfrank after, every season has to have a low-point. If this is our low-point, and hopefullt it is, then we'll have had a good season.

I don't like criticising the lads but there was some really carp defending, and in terms of our attack we should have scored more than one goal. We definately seemed to miss the absentees, but that was still very dissapointing:(

Cabinteelygull
29/07/2007, 12:37 PM
yea but then u wud hav just been a w***er

:D fair enough!

BrayUnknowns
30/07/2007, 8:54 AM
As I said to Superfrank after, every season has to have a low-point. If this is our low-point, and hopefullt it is, then we'll have had a good season.

I don't like criticising the lads but there was some really carp defending, and in terms of our attack we should have scored more than one goal. We definately seemed to miss the absentees, but that was still very dissapointing:(

Agreed, even though this was probably our worst preformance of the season we still should have scored more than twice. We had a serious amount of chances to take something from the game but it was a case of not turning up on the night.

Having 7 players missing was always going to really hurts, it the lack of depth in the squad.

Sonic
05/08/2007, 2:14 PM
I wonder was it a lack of depth in the Bohemians squad last night as well. We are not finished yet lads no matter what ye say!

Stevo Da Gull
05/08/2007, 6:55 PM
I wonder was it a lack of depth in the Bohemians squad last night as well. We are not finished yet lads no matter what ye say!

Well now I was'nt at the Bohs game last night so I could'nt comment on it. But even if ye win every game for the rest of the season 5-0, we still did'nt perform very well in the Bray-Longford game last week.

Sonic
06/08/2007, 1:01 AM
Ai its just people are never that quick to give others credit especially when its deserved!

superfrank
06/08/2007, 4:59 PM
Ai its just people are never that quick to give others credit especially when its deserved!
It doesn't matter who was or wasn't playing, on the night Longford were the better team.

Stevo Da Gull
07/08/2007, 2:02 PM

You definately deserved the 3 points against us, ye were the better team and won:ball:

Obviously we were dissapointed to lose, as we should be, you should rarely, if ever, be content after losing a home league game to anyone.