PDA

View Full Version : Tipp South & District League 2007/08

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

zizu's head
23/07/2007, 5:59 PM
Lads,
New season is starting again in a few weeks.
Anyone got news on any clubs, who's going where etc... ?
I suppose I better get the ball rolling!! ;)
Is there truth in the rumours that Gooldscross and Rosegreen are folding? Just something I heard in the last few weeks! :confused:

munsterman000
25/07/2007, 3:38 PM
Not much going on i suppose...

zizu's head
25/07/2007, 5:59 PM
Not much going on i suppose...

:D:D LOOKS LIKE IT!!!

Tipperary_Man
25/07/2007, 7:57 PM
Rosegreen seem to have a team judging by the reports in their club notes, I heard the rumour that Gouldscross will struggle to have a team.

In the premier league Peake could very well struggle this season after losing more players to Kilkenny City, Michaels have lost a few also to their u21 and senior side. Ian Barnes from Town has gone to them also.

Any word on any new signings from any of the clubs, I wonder can Clonmel Celtic keep up their good work from last season!

munsterman000
26/07/2007, 9:03 AM
Couple of new signings for Celtic alright. Look good so far but it's early yet. Haven't lost Paul Kennedy or anyone else for that matter either.
Drew 2-2 in Dungarvan a week or so back, were missing a load with holidays and stuff. It's a bad time of year for that, it's only in the week or two before the first match that you begin to see the team taking shape.

Tipperary_Man
26/07/2007, 10:26 AM
Couple of new signings for Celtic alright. Look good so far but it's early yet. Haven't lost Paul Kennedy or anyone else for that matter either.
Drew 2-2 in Dungarvan a week or so back, were missing a load with holidays and stuff. It's a bad time of year for that, it's only in the week or two before the first match that you begin to see the team taking shape.

who are the new signings ye have if you don't mind me asking? :D

balls
06/08/2007, 1:33 PM
saints start as slight favourates for me this year they need to win title back. town and celtic will push them hard though. relegation will be between bansha galbally and rock rovers or cahir. the rest will all be mid table

zizu's head
07/08/2007, 1:32 PM
Here are the opening day fixtures:

Clonmel Credit Union Premier League
Two Mile Borris v Bansha Celtic

Clonmel Celtic v Clonmel Town

Peake Villa v Galbally United

Cahir Park v St. Michael’s FC

Tipperary_Man
09/08/2007, 11:12 AM
Two Mile Borris v Bansha Celtic - Home Win

Clonmel Celtic v Clonmel Town - Draw

Peake Villa v Galbally United - Away Win

Cahir Park v St. Michael’s FC - Away Win

stevie11
09/08/2007, 2:56 PM
Heard today dat paul kennedy has played a pre-season game with st michaels and has signed for them also.is there any truth in this rumour does anybody kno..

zizu's head
09/08/2007, 4:28 PM
Heard today dat paul kennedy has played a pre-season game with st michaels and has signed for them also.is there any truth in this rumour does anybody kno..

He played 30 mins for them, but I don't think he has signed for St. Michael's!

C.T.F.C
10/08/2007, 10:49 AM
Friendly Results

Town 2 Janesboro 2

Town 2 Crystal 2

Town V Killester 11th Aug 3 pm @Complex

The A team squad is definetly lighter this year with the loss of barnes, landers and reade. Looking at the players signed its hard to see anyone making the step up except Paul Shanners( if he learns to look up before crossing the ball). I reckon the league will be a tight affair again this year.

balls
10/08/2007, 11:02 AM
where is barnes gone.who else have town signed?. anyone know have peake and borris signed any players this year.

Tipperary_Man
19/08/2007, 8:42 PM
anybody at any of the matches over the weekend? Clonmel Town had a big win over Celtic, thought it would be much closer

Van The Man
20/08/2007, 8:42 AM
Two Mile Borris v Bansha Celtic - Home Win

Clonmel Celtic v Clonmel Town - Draw

Peake Villa v Galbally United - Away Win

Cahir Park v St. Michael’s FC - Away Win

Predictions went a wee bit wrong there Tipp Man !! :D

Town Fan
20/08/2007, 10:01 AM
Great win yesterday. Was surprised at just how poor Celtic were. They have designs on winning the TSDL this year. they will need to improve fast.
Town looked good but would not get carried away

stephen07
20/08/2007, 10:02 AM
Delighted to see Bansha Celtic get off to a winning start, they have a good young team this year and a few have still to come back from gaa, holidays and injury. It won't be easy but they at last have a team that can compete reasonably well in the premier league......Best of luck :ball:

Tipperary_Man
20/08/2007, 10:51 AM
ah shur im not in full fitness yet, when i am, il be flying!! :D
has paul kennedy stayed with celtic? have michaels many new players?

C.T.F.C
20/08/2007, 1:20 PM
I thought Celtic were the better side for the opening 20 mins, Town looked a bit rusty. We maintained tradition and only woke up once Celtic went ahead, good finish from P. Kennedy. Fortunately we equalised 1 minute later and from then on Town dominated the play. I thought M. Coady was a revelation at left full. Scorers: Moroney 2, P. Scully, T. Scully, A. Coady D. Burns. Playing Rock Rovers on Wed night. Should be a battle:D

Galla
22/08/2007, 7:17 AM
Was Kenneth Kiely playing for 'Town on Sunday. Have to admit I was glad to see 'Goggs' Reade gone back to Carrick - very slow and to put it mildly - indisciplined. The 2 big cups must be the priority for Town this year. Barnes is a big loss but if the defence is a little more solid and Moroney stays fit are they contenders?

Town Fan
22/08/2007, 9:29 AM
Was Kenneth Kiely playing for 'Town on Sunday. Have to admit I was glad to see 'Goggs' Reade gone back to Carrick - very slow and to put it mildly - indisciplined. The 2 big cups must be the priority for Town this year. Barnes is a big loss but if the defence is a little more solid and Moroney stays fit are they contenders?

Barnes is back although he didn't play Sunday. Ken Kiely doesn't look to be the answer either. He is slow and in no way is he a commanding centre half.
Town should really try and add to their squad

munsterman000
22/08/2007, 9:30 AM
Celtic are in serious trouble at the moment or so i heard, big fall out from the Town game. Talk of management and players walking. Sunday was an absolute disgrace.

On a side note i heard Killester were very impressive against town in their pre-season friendly, different class. It'll be difficult for town to make any impact on the FAI with them in it, every chance in the Munster though.

C.T.F.C
22/08/2007, 11:11 AM
Barnes is back although he didn't play Sunday. Ken Kiely doesn't look to be the answer either. He is slow and in no way is he a commanding centre half.
Town should really try and add to their squad

Have to agree re: K. Kiely. He calls for a lot of balls that he misses. Hopefully he will improve as the season progresses. Not a lot of quality centre halfs about although apparently the czech striker ilija has a brother who plays centre half and reputed to be classy. Time will tell

C.T.F.C
22/08/2007, 11:24 AM
Celtic are in serious trouble at the moment or so i heard, big fall out from the Town game. Talk of management and players walking. Sunday was an absolute disgrace.

On a side note i heard Killester were very impressive against town in their pre-season friendly, different class. It'll be difficult for town to make any impact on the FAI with them in it, every chance in the Munster though.

Its only the first game of the season, a bit soon for throwing the toys out of the pram. This celtic team has plenty of ability, it would be a shame to break up a good side after one dodgy result.

Killester are different class alright so any side harbouring FAI ambitions will probably have to beat them at some stage.They could have been 3 up at half time against Town. On a more positive note, when Town made changes at half time and attacked them they looked anything but unbeatable.

tipp man
22/08/2007, 9:56 PM
any word on mid-week results?

tipp man
22/08/2007, 10:00 PM
sorry, I was lazy, here they are

Bansha Celtic...0 St. Michael's...1

Galbally United...1 Cahir Park...4

Two Mile Borris...1 Peake Villa...1

Clonmel Town...3 Rock Rovers...0

Same old, same old.

Town Fan
23/08/2007, 1:31 PM

Is it true that alot of the players are leaving. I read on the town webpage that Danny Madigan has signed for Town. I also heard in the Local last night that Paul Kennedy has gone to Michael's and that Stephen Ryan is also coming to Town? Any truth in this.
Also, were is Michael McHugh and John Shanahan??

munsterman000
23/08/2007, 2:03 PM
Danny Madigan should be a good signing for you, good player. Surprised he left although it seems that Kenny O'Shea resigned from his position as manager of Clonmel Celtic on Monday. As i said before, Celtic are in serious trouble.

Tipperary_Man
23/08/2007, 3:35 PM
what was the fall out over in celtic?? where did town sign their keeper from that was playin for them last weekend,never heard of him before. first big match of the season next wednesday night, town and michaels, should be a good one

balls
23/08/2007, 9:20 PM
saints and michaels should be a good game alright. they ll be only too challenging for title again id say. relegation will be between galbally borris and rock rovers

Town Fan
24/08/2007, 9:02 AM
saints and michaels should be a good game alright. they ll be only too challenging for title again id say. relegation will be between galbally borris and rock rovers

Why is the Town v Michael's game been played on Wednesday? Given that players from both sides would be missing due to work, this game should be played on a Sunday.
This stinks of Tommy Lewis getting back at Town over the MJC. It's ironic but I heard Town PRO Maurice Walsh on Tipp Fm a few months ago, predicting that this would happen

munsterman000
24/08/2007, 9:30 AM
what was the fall out over in celtic?? where did town sign their keeper from that was playin for them last weekend,never heard of him before. first big match of the season next wednesday night, town and michaels, should be a good one

Well Celtic were beaten 6-1 at home in their first game of the season! This after a terrible pre-season that saw them lose 5-1 to Clonmel Town B! Very few turning up for training, attitude all wrong from a lot of them and this from the same players that finished three points off the champions last year and were unlucky not to win the Tipp Cup.

Also, Wednesday games have alway been a feature of the TSDL both at the start and the end of the season, with postponements during the season and Munster and FAI cup runs. All the teams have to put up with them not just the big teams, I don't think the TSDL could ever be accused of bias against Town.. or Michaels for that matter! :D

Tipp Man 2
24/08/2007, 12:34 PM
This stinks of Tommy Lewis getting back at Town over the MJC. It's ironic but I heard Town PRO Maurice Walsh on Tipp Fm a few months ago, predicting that this would happen[/QUOTE]

that is such a ridiculous statement.. wise up..

Tipperary_Man
24/08/2007, 12:44 PM
it's better to play this fixture when there is something at stake rather than the end of the season when the league has been decided.

pity to see the celtic players throwing in the towel after one match but if you are not training how can you expect to put it up to any team who have been training very hard

balls
26/08/2007, 9:29 PM
celtic won 3-1 today versus galbally.
peake beat rock rovers 4-0 away.
cahir park 2-4 clonmel town

C.T.F.C
27/08/2007, 12:59 PM
A good result but one that could have been so different if Cahir had taken their chances in the first half. How Tommy Kiely missed from 3 yards out with the keeper on the deck will remain one of lifes great mysteries. Would have put Cahir 2-0 up and town were struggling. Defensively Town were a shambles yesterday, individually played well but as a unit lacked any cohesion. First big game of the season Wed night- Town will be missing P. Scully, Moroney and Kiely. Should be a good tight match as always.

balls
29/08/2007, 8:44 PM
michaels 1-2 town . good result away from home

Town Fan
30/08/2007, 3:47 PM
michaels 1-2 town . good result away from home

Any other results from last night

Tipperary_Man
02/09/2007, 5:47 PM
just looking at the results on the TSDL website, Michaels losing for the second game in a row, does the title have Town's name on it already??

stephen07
03/09/2007, 10:53 AM
Whats happening with St.Michaels have they lost players or are they just a bit crap at the moment. No disrespect to Galbally but in fairness they should not be beating Michael's on their own turf :eek:

Is the table a realistic view of the way things are going to go this year ? I am not in the country so would appreciate any opinions from people at home ;)

C.T.F.C
03/09/2007, 11:52 AM
just looking at the results on the TSDL website, Michaels losing for the second game in a row, does the title have Town's name on it already??

Good start to the season for Town but we wont be getting carried away just yet- a long way to go.

zizu's head
03/09/2007, 1:27 PM
Good start to the season for Town but we wont be getting carried away just yet- a long way to go.

Fair enough, but you would have to admit that it's looking very good.
Up until the result Sat. night, I would have said that it will depend on the result in Clonmel between the 2 sides. now, I'm not so sure. Even if Town were to lose that game they'd still have breathing space. I can't see Town losing many games in the league this year, they always seem to be able to step it up when needed. Even though Town will probably be concentrating on the FAI and Munster Cups this year, I think they have already gone a long way to regaining their title!

balls
03/09/2007, 6:54 PM
michaels have signed new players. shane mcgrath and pa quinn from cahir park, derek breen from peake and paul kennedy from clonmel celtic all started sat night. galbally had 1 player ciaran o callaghan up front on his own on the night he could have scored 4 or 5 five if it wasnt for keeper. up against paul tobin , paul breen,richie ryan and chris higgins 4 top quality defenders he really showed his class. fair play to the young lad

stevie11
05/09/2007, 3:01 PM
Shock result Sat nite alright for de league but really not sure if de signings brought in for St Michaels are the answer!!Michaels always had strenght in depth but not any more by de looks of things!!League is well and truely over..

Unreal Madrid
05/09/2007, 6:19 PM
[QUOTE=stephen07;761994]Whats happening with St.Michaels have they lost players or are they just a bit crap at the moment. No disrespect to Galbally but in fairness they should not be beating Michael's on their own turf :eek:

After a tough game Wed night against Town, money man Tom ran a session on Friday night that would do justice to a pre season La Manga session :o 24 hours before they played again. Heard that Micks deserved to lose on Sat night as Galbally played very well helped by a team that was out on its feet before half time.

MunsterMunch
05/09/2007, 6:55 PM
What about peake this year? Have they signed anyone. They must have a small enough squad with the 4/5 departures to Kilkenny City. I heard david horan is back, so that can only be good news. A class act at the back. Best center half in the league.
They have 3 wins and a draw so far, so not a bad start to the season. A fully fit Michael ryan is back as well, and has grabbed a few goals. They always have too many draws though against oppoisiton on the road (Cahir, Two-mile borris), and will find it tough against clonmel town both home and away.

It would have been interesting to see how they would have faired if they held on to the full squad. I fancy them for second though, with clonmel celtic on the slide, and michaels not up to their usual standard.

balls
05/09/2007, 8:31 PM
peakes team is only average this year. few foreign lads are handy but nothing special. michael ryan and davey horan are class players. i taught the squad they had last year was very strong and would have won last years munster junior if they didnt loose the 4 lads to kilkenny. theyve lost another couple of players this season so are doing very well under the circumstances

Town Fan
06/09/2007, 7:55 AM
Is it true that Clonmel Town have signed Ian Fraher and Robbie Costigan from Cahir Park?

munsterman000
06/09/2007, 9:59 AM
Thought Peake Villa were fairly poor against Clonmel Celtic, Celtic dominated the second half and must have had about ten corners or frees around the box. And to be honest, Celtic are absolutely atrocious and if they don't get their act together will be going down

Town Fan
06/09/2007, 10:07 AM
Thought Peake Villa were fairly poor against Clonmel Celtic, Celtic dominated the second half and must have had about ten corners or frees around the box. And to be honest, Celtic are absolutely atrocious and if they don't get their act together will be going down

Eventhough I am a Clonmel Town Fan, it is very sad to hear about all the trouble that Celtic is in. I just hope that they do sort out their problems, Clonmel needs and can accomidate two big teams