PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Divisions 4A/4B 2007/08

Poloman
23/07/2007, 3:23 PM
Whats the story here so?

Are these two leagues (4A/4B) being combined?

Is there any truth about a Polish team starting up that they are just looking for a pitch? Personally I think a Polish team would walk it by a long shot and walk a few more divisions for a few years to come.

larrywhite
23/07/2007, 3:44 PM
I presume the LDMC will wait to see how many teams are in the lower divisions before doing anything. The LDMC site says any new or withdrawn teams must be notified this week. Should have a better idea next week.

SummervilleRule
23/07/2007, 3:48 PM
Polish team is starting in 2A. Got the info from Bartek who is one of their player/managers/founders! They are still looking for a pitch at the moment.

3 Heroes
23/07/2007, 7:37 PM
Polish team is starting in 2A. Got the info from Bartek who is one of their player/managers/founders! They are still looking for a pitch at the moment.

Bartek that used to play upront for Glenview?

Roadend
24/07/2007, 9:54 AM

Heard that they will have to start at the bottom off one of the committee, so it doesn't look like 2A.

larrywhite
24/07/2007, 1:54 PM
Thats what you would think seeing as they are a brand new team. If I remember correctly Bilboa started in 2b or 3a but they had been playing in Tipp or wherever before joining limerick league.

see's it
24/07/2007, 2:47 PM

playing all there games away from home should not be a problem for them really when you think about it
when the ref asks the first guy his name for a booking should be fun :)

3 Heroes
24/07/2007, 8:02 PM
Thats what you would think seeing as they are a brand new team. If I remember correctly Bilboa started in 2b or 3a but they had been playing in Tipp or wherever before joining limerick league.
Some inter-firm team played a year in 3a or 3b a few years back, started the same year as Bilboa in LDL

Jock MIB
27/07/2007, 12:59 PM
Well Division 4b has been scraped , 4a being kept so depends if any teams pull out but it looks like there will be 10 or 11 teams in 4a , 3b etc which least means 18 to 20 games plus in the season a little better :)

larrywhite
27/07/2007, 1:55 PM
If thats true its good news alright. A little more value for money.

250notout
27/07/2007, 3:30 PM
playing all there games away from home should not be a problem for them really when you think about it
when the ref asks the first guy his name for a booking should be fun :)

Should be funnier when he asks them for the match fee! :)

ShelsLimerick
27/07/2007, 6:51 PM
Well Division 4b has been scraped , 4a being kept so depends if any teams pull out but it looks like there will be 10 or 11 teams in 4a , 3b etc which least means 18 to 20 games plus in the season a little better :)

So we got promoted for nothing. :rolleyes:

We get to go back to St Pats and St Pauls again. :mad:

Jock MIB
27/07/2007, 8:34 PM
So we got promoted for nothing.

We get to go back to St Pats and St Pauls again.

yes , yes and i think yes :) :)

if your more interested in the glory then thats your opinion but like myself i more interested in the best for lower league soccer and more teams in league means more games thats all i care about... if you want ask the league for you's to be moved to 3b :D

3 Heroes
27/07/2007, 9:22 PM
Same thing happened to us a few years back where we tried our hardest to not only win the league but make sure a particular team didn't finish in the top 2, yet 3 went up that season

larrywhite
28/07/2007, 2:15 AM
Same thing happened to us a few years back where we tried our hardest to not only win the league but make sure a particular team didn't finish in the top 2, yet 3 went up that season

Lol, are you drunk? No we did not. Results just happened to find them in third and the division above needed an extra team. If Holycrossjock is correct about 4B then we may be in 3A and you wont find us complaining.

3 Heroes
28/07/2007, 10:33 AM
Lol, are you drunk? No we did not. Results just happened to find them in third and the division above needed an extra team. If Holycrossjock is correct about 4B then we may be in 3A and you wont find us complaining.

Well I and a 1 or 2 more did

3 Heroes
28/07/2007, 10:34 AM

Hmm the guy posting at 3.15am asks if I'm drunk:p

ShelsLimerick
28/07/2007, 11:37 AM
yes , yes and i think yes :) :)

if your more interested in the glory then thats your opinion but like myself i more interested in the best for lower league soccer and more teams in league means more games thats all i care about... if you want ask the league for you's to be moved to 3b :D

I'm only jokin Jock. At that level there is very little between the divisions anyway. The more games the better I say.

Jock MIB
28/07/2007, 3:52 PM
I'm only jokin Jock. At that level there is very little between the divisions anyway. The more games the better I say.

i know you were :D but not looking foward to going to St Pats either :D

Poloman
01/08/2007, 3:59 PM
I know Bartek. I used to play for Glenview as well! Good they are division 2a if thats true as I reckon they will very handy. 4B gone? Dont know if this is viable as there are loads of teams already. I would be up for it though. More games is deffo needed in these divisions!