PDA

View Full Version : Byrne in court today

Philly
23/07/2007, 2:14 PM
Dessie Byrne is in court today over allegations he assaulted a Cork fan during a game at Turners Cross lasr season, according to Newstalk. It was ironic that the news article came just minutes after an advertisement for the LOI was aired on the same station, promoting "lifetime fans".

GavinZac
23/07/2007, 2:17 PM
Its about as "alleged" as the holocaust. Hopefully a conviction and a subsequent playing ban for the idiot.

monzo
23/07/2007, 2:18 PM
What exactly did he do?

GavinZac
23/07/2007, 2:19 PM
What exactly did he do?

There's video of it, let me see if i can dig it up for youtube

Philly
23/07/2007, 2:24 PM
Haven't seen the video, but Byrne is denying the charge and the judge is watching the video later according to the news.

Peadar
23/07/2007, 2:26 PM
Haven't seen the video, but Byrne is denying the charge and the judge is watching the video later according to the news.

The Gardaí asked RTÉ? for their coverage, as there was no CCTV footage. Hope he charges RTÉ with abuse, for having Roddy Collins on the panel. :D

Réiteoir
23/07/2007, 2:56 PM
The Gardaí asked RTÉ? for their coverage, as there was no CCTV footage. Hope he charges RTÉ with abuse, for having Roddy Collins on the panel. :D

Should get Paul Osam in later to give his analysis on the incident for eircom Court Weekly

sfc red
23/07/2007, 3:00 PM
Jesus I can imagine that now - You can't tell anything from the incident now. You'll have to wait another 6 or 7 weeks and then it'll become more clear. That's what I always say

LeixlipRed
23/07/2007, 3:02 PM
Byrne shouldn't be allowed on a footbal pitch imo. He's a thug. Hacked one of the Derry players out of the other night as well. Will he have Jodi Morris as a character reference do you reckon?? :D

Peadar
23/07/2007, 3:04 PM
Should get Paul Osam in later to give his analysis on the incident for eircom Court Weekly

"I thought Byrne made hard work of it & was lucky to come away with anything. The fan really put it up to him, in the opening exchanges & Byrne had to fight hard for a result. He'll need a bigger performance than this, if he hopes to be a real contender!" :D

Peadar
23/07/2007, 3:30 PM
Apparently Dessie Byrne has been acquitted.

Réiteoir
23/07/2007, 3:38 PM
Apparently Dessie Byrne has been acquitted.

Cork fans being RRS once again - Judge was probably a Dub anyway... [/conspiracy]

They should wheel Rico out to give his opinion on the whole thing :D

Byrne shouldn't be allowed on a footbal pitch imo. He's a thug. Hacked one of the Derry players out of the other night as well. Will he have Jodi Morris as a character reference do you reckon?? :D

Hell - if you get rid of Byrne then you should also get rid of Alan Reynolds, Graham Gartland, Barry Ferguson or any of the other dirty knackers.

Second thoughts - I'll be for it!

ghBohs
23/07/2007, 3:55 PM
Its about as "alleged" as the holocaust. Hopefully a conviction and a subsequent playing ban for the idiot.

David Irving must have been the judge so. :cool:

hoops1
23/07/2007, 4:52 PM
Dessie Byrne is in court today over allegations he assaulted a Cork fan during a game at Turners Cross lasr season, according to Newstalk. It was ironic that the news article came just minutes after an advertisement for the LOI was aired on the same station, promoting "lifetime fans".

What did it say "you cant beat lifetime fans":)

adamcarr
23/07/2007, 5:50 PM
It was a nothing incident really, the fan picked up the ball from over the hoardings and threw it away, Byrne reacted like anyone would as Bohs were undeservedly 1-0 down. He grabbed the fan ands that was about it.