PDA

View Full Version : People standing in front of stands

Pád Von Tirpitz
23/07/2007, 1:52 PM
at games here. I don't like it. What's the consensus on here? I think that if there's a stand there, stewards should endeavour to get people to go up into the stand rather than leaning at the wall around the pitch (with kids sitting on the damn things). It looks very unorganised and messy, it blocks the view for some and it's probably some sort of hazard in terms of blocking walkways (that's clutching at straws). Basically, I think looks unprofessional and reflects badly upon the clubs.

sligoman
23/07/2007, 1:54 PM
Stewards, in the Showgrounds anyway, try and get people to go into the stand. Most oblige, others just give out to them about it.

GavinZac
23/07/2007, 1:59 PM
its not allowed at TC, though there is still a 6x5 foot area of "terracing" at the side of one stand that 9 or 10 lads like to stand on :D

blue til i die
23/07/2007, 2:04 PM
people used to stand at the railings at the front of the stand at the RSC and at the back of the stand, but due to health and safety, its not allowed anymore.

The Rebel Ram
23/07/2007, 2:06 PM
I would luv to be involved in this conversation, maybe next year when the stand due to be finished last year will be complete:o

Steve Bruce
23/07/2007, 2:08 PM
To be honest, I think it doesn't hurt to have a terrace in front of a stand. Make it all seated for most ordinary games, but if their is a bumper crowd, then fill the seats then the terracing in front of the stand. You can get bigger capacities for less money and maintenance.

Plus atmosphere is always better in Terracing.

jebus
23/07/2007, 2:09 PM
Agree on kids sitting on walls, although our stewards do try and stop kids doing that. Standing in front of the stand, well I don't really mind at all to be honest

bellavistaman
23/07/2007, 2:11 PM
I would luv to be involved in this conversation, maybe next year when the stand due to be finished last year will be complete:o

we have a stand up the top if your that bored talk about that one, pointless comment really, they think were bad as it is dont be letting off the impression we got the other one knocked.

LeixlipRed
23/07/2007, 3:00 PM
A stand has to have more than 10 seats to count as a stand though :D

bellavistaman
23/07/2007, 3:47 PM
A stand has to have more than 10 seats to count as a stand though :D

Sure we could always share turners with city, second thought, nah better havin one all to ourselves.

Da Real Rover
23/07/2007, 5:32 PM
Ive no problem with people at the walls or kids sitting on them, its always been the way at grounds here and is kind of a throw back to days when the fans were ontop of the games in Leagues such as the Premiership and La Liga etc. IMO I actually like it, creates an intimacy between players and fans.

Celdrog
23/07/2007, 5:35 PM
We, ehh, don't really have that problem in United park :o

superfrank
23/07/2007, 5:44 PM
I don't see what all the fuss is about. I really don't mind people standing at the walls.

Pád Von Tirpitz
30/07/2007, 10:05 AM
I don't see what all the fuss is about. I really don't mind people standing at the walls.

Nowhere else to stand in Bray. I mean when there's a terrace or stand available.

superfrank
30/07/2007, 12:42 PM
Nowhere else to stand in Bray. I mean when there's a terrace or stand available.
There are two stands in the Carlisle now. There's also a small section at the end of the uncovered stand where there are no seats and you can stand if you wish.

Tir Oilean
01/08/2007, 12:08 PM

You would if you couldnt see the game! Its also a health and safety issue as they could fall awkwardly off them causing injury