sadloserkid
28/03/2003, 9:16 AM
Healy

Ricardo P.Purcell (C) Finucane Keating

Heffernan Welderick Sweeney Morris-Roe

O'Flynn Donnellan

Subs:
Loughman, Cooney, John Whyte, Foley, Molan

Healy will be in goal. Our Italian looked class when he came on last night so he's starting at right full for me. We have a left back coming in on-loan from St.Pat's and another who got injured in the Cork game but I'll leave Keating there for now. Keating is also too good to leave out so he'll have to be accomadated elsewhere when we get a natural left-full. Centre-halves are easy to pick but we need cover in that area now that Derek Whyte has retired. Heffernan is a real danger on the right and I'd start Brian Morris-Roe on the opposite flank but he could be switched with Welderick if needs be. For now though in Sweeney and Welderick we'd boast probably the most combative midfeild in the division. We'd end up playing out wide going forward but with wingers like Heffernan we should be doing that anyway. Up front O'Flynn picks himself and I'd start Donnellan alongside him because he's bigger and faster than the other pretenders. We do need another striker though. On the bench Loughman deputises for Healy, Whyte, Foley and Molan can offer support in a few positions and the young lad from Bohs Cooney also showed a lot of nice touches in midfield and would offer a different kind of option should we need it.

What do the rest of you think?