PDA

View Full Version : Will the muppet sign a striker for this 40 game season

lims fan
28/03/2003, 5:57 AM
Its a simple equation. If the muppet signs a good striker with his 3,500 euro per week we can achieve promotion but with fat pigs like Barry Ryan and dumb planks like foley what chance do we have. Its going to a case of watching every move breaking down when the ball comes to foley (or doesn't come to him) or fat arse again like last season when neither of these 2 muppets could kick a ball. If any decent manager was in charge he would clear the dead wood. How will the muppet justify spending someone elses hard earned 3,500 per week when the team fails again this season. What will he say to them.
"Sorry lads but I lost the phone number of every league club who had strikers out of contract and by the way who is James Mulligan?"
Its pathetic and this point was also made by SLK but it is so obvious that O'Connor can't see it. I heard he approached gARY O'Neill and he said no so did o'connor just give up.
Get your ass down to Cobh O'Connor and offer Willie Bruton 700 per week instead of fattening up our cattle (Ryan, Foley, Poill, Browne, O'Donoghue and Donnellan). How can players like this justify drawing wages.
James Mulligan is looking for a club - does O'Connor even know who he is.
At the end of the day without a second striker next season is a non-event or do other limerick fans think that a promotion chasing team can take a passanger up front beside stevo.

deise deserter
28/03/2003, 7:56 AM
Posted by Lims Fan:

fat pigs like Barry Ryan and dumb planks like foley

Barry problem isn't that he's fat, it's that he's getting on in years. As for CiarĂ¡n - I haven't given him an IQ test but I don't care if he is the dumbest ****er alive as long as he plays good football. He had a good game last night and seems to be improving every game I see him. I know the likes of SLK don't rate him as highly as I do but he is definitely a lot better than you give him credit for.

Posted by Lims Fan:

a case of watching every move breaking down when the ball comes to foley
Possibly correct if you look at his form 2 seasons ago (I didn't see it but SLK loves telling me about it;) ). However every move does not break down when he gets the ball - his passing was good and he put in a number of very good crosses last night.

Posted by Lims Fan:

Get your ass down to Cobh O'Connor and offer Willie Bruton 700 per week
Great idea but he's re-signed already for Queenstown. I agree that Noel should have tried to poach him - a very good player with great pace.

Nempton
28/03/2003, 10:40 AM
I think Ciaran is more effective on the wing than up front. He might not be as good as Steve O but still he put in a lot of effort last season. I think we came to realise that he was able to deliever a ball from set pieces, take on players and beat them, pass the ball etc. His only fault is that he is not the best in front of goal. I think Heffernan, Ciaran and Steve O were effective last season when they linked up in attack. But we have to sign a striker, I think Mark Tobin of St. Michaels would be a good signing, he has a good shot on him, able to head a ball, strong and able to hold up a ball and beat a player if necessasy and likes to take free's and score from them. But I don't think Noel will go for him, I get the feeling anyway that he will probably take someone out on loan halfway through the season.

sadloserkid
28/03/2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Nempton
I get the feeling anyway that he will probably take someone out on loan halfway through the season.

You can only have two players on loan at any given time and we have Cooney from Bohs and an incoming left-back from St.Pats.

Nempton
28/03/2003, 11:07 AM
Really well you learn something new everyday...Tell Noel sign Tobin

deise deserter
30/03/2003, 11:19 AM
Posted by Nempton:

I think Heffernan, Ciaran and Steve O were effective last season when they linked up in attack.

Completely agree with you nempton. Definitely seemed to be working at the end of last season.

sadloserkid
31/03/2003, 8:35 AM
Originally posted by deise deserter
Definitely seemed to be working at the end of last season.

You mean the end of last season where we won one of our last ten games or so? Individually those players all did well last season but collectively they gave us very little and results showed that.