PDA

View Full Version : old stories: fc aarau vs. cork city fc (intertoto cup, 1997)

Haller
22/07/2007, 8:34 PM
hi together!

ten years ago cork city and swiss side fc aarau (my favorite team) met in the intertoto cup (unfortunately our last international match until today...). currently i'm working on a database with all european cup matches of aarau, but i still need some information about this match between cork and aarau.

here (http://fcaarau.groundhopping.ch/41.htm) you can see, which information i've already got. different newspapers and the internet gave me a lot of information, but as you can see, i'm still missing the complete line-up of cork city. perhaps someone of you has seen this match and could give me the missing information.

thanks in advance for your help.

greetings from switzerland ... haller

A face
22/07/2007, 9:05 PM
I'll do a bit of homework and get back to you. Would you a programme for the home leg by any chance?

Haller
22/07/2007, 9:11 PM
Would you a programme for the home leg by any chance?i wouldn't say no to that. :) thanks for your help.

Haller
24/07/2007, 9:44 PM
meanwhile I found the cork city line-up in an old swiss newspaper.

I found the first names of the players with the help of Google.

I hope everything is correct...

Noel Mooney
Declan Daly
Dave Hill
Gareth Cronin
Brian Barry-Murphy
Colin O'Brien
Kelvin Flanagan
Patsy Freyne
Mark Herrick
Ollie Cahill
Noel Hartigan
Damien O'Connell (sub)

Pablo Escobar
24/07/2007, 10:46 PM
meanwhile I found the cork city line-up in an old swiss newspaper.

I found the first names of the players with the help of Google.

I hope everything is correct...

Noel Mooney
Declan Daly
Dave Hill
Gareth Cronin
Brian Barry-Murphy
Colin O'Brien
Kelvin Flanagan
Patsy Freyne
Mark Herrick
Ollie Cahill
Noel Hartigan
Damien O'Connell (sub)

Sweet jesus!

A face
24/07/2007, 11:22 PM
Sweet jesus!

He was a skillful player, great touch just needed lots of work on other parts of his game. If anything the guy was too quiet, needed more aggression and get stuck in more.

ollie
25/07/2007, 2:43 AM
he was a decent enough centre half...he got a lot more flak when he was up front. He was very frustrating to watch when as a striker. No real drive in him

Pablo Escobar
25/07/2007, 7:48 AM
He was a skillful player, great touch just needed lots of work on other parts of his game. If anything the guy was too quiet, needed more aggression and get stuck in more.
And on that I totally agree!

paudie
25/07/2007, 12:13 PM
didn't he score the winner in a League Cup final second leg against Shamrock Rovers at the Cross?

About 1999?

Pablo Escobar
26/07/2007, 4:57 PM
didn't he score the winner in a League Cup final second leg against Shamrock Rovers at the Cross?

About 1999?
As far as I can recall he did, and it was definitely 1999!

cudsy1
26/07/2007, 9:34 PM
Sweet jesus!

Douglas Com legend

ollie
27/07/2007, 1:16 PM
but not entirely a cork city legend

NY Hoop
31/07/2007, 3:38 PM
As far as I can recall he did, and it was definitely 1999!

December 1998. Bad result but a great week in cark.

KOH