PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football 2007/08

gilberto_eire
22/07/2007, 1:44 PM
Fantasy Football 2007/08

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
Join up, Pick your team, Enter leagues and ''join league'' an enter this code.....308851-65801

*its free to join pick a team to the value of 100m from all premiership clubs, you have 11 players and 4 subs(1 goalie and 3 outfield players, positions not neccessary.)

*you only gain points for players out on the pitch with your nominated captain earning double, if a player is injured or suspended one of your subs will be places into the team instead.

*you can transfer ONE player per week no hassle, but any subsequent transfers result in a points deduction from the total you have accumalated

hope we get 10+ for this so everyone join and we'll see who the champ is in may!

pixiehead
22/07/2007, 3:56 PM
wouldnt be gone on Following Englsh Footie. thanks anyhow

gilberto_eire
22/07/2007, 4:45 PM
wouldnt be gone on Following Englsh Footie. thanks anyhow

its a competition you dont have to watch it or anything and im sure you know the ins and outs enough to pick a team!

Terry
22/07/2007, 10:25 PM
what has this got to do with GUFC?

gilberto_eire
22/07/2007, 10:39 PM
what has this got to do with GUFC?

its a competition between the fans!. or did ya want me to put it in off-topic??... even though thats not ours!

Terry
22/07/2007, 10:51 PM
Off topic belongs to everyone, it will end there eventually

gilberto_eire
22/07/2007, 10:57 PM
ya well only wanted GUFC fans not everyone joining as Foot have there own going anyway!!.
not like much is posted here these days anyway!

sligoman
22/07/2007, 10:58 PM
Calm down Terry. It's obvious he posted it for Galway fans to join. I did the same in our forum(got permission off Rovers mod first).

feo123
22/07/2007, 11:12 PM
its a bit of banter between your own fans, a bit of competition. harmless terry

Terry
22/07/2007, 11:14 PM
I was only taking the mickey lads, bloody hell!!! bored out of my tits thats all !!!

sligoman
22/07/2007, 11:16 PM
I was only taking the mickey lads, bloody hell!!! bored out of my tits thats all !!!No Terry...put the gun away...don't do it!

*Bang*:eek:

:p

Terry
22/07/2007, 11:18 PM
I'd never do that Sligoman, the missus is useless at cleaning up !!!!!:D

feo123
22/07/2007, 11:25 PM
I was only taking the mickey lads, bloody hell!!! bored out of my tits thats all !!!

worst cover up.....ever ;)

Demoshield
23/07/2007, 2:06 PM
What has this got to do with GUFC?
Should be in off topic or world football.
It's about spending an imaginary £100 million sterling on a team in a league abroad. It upsets some people to discuss spending imaginary money in a GUFC forum!!!! Shouldn't be allowed. Down with that sort of thing.:D
Sure nobody will see it here.

gilberto_eire
23/07/2007, 3:56 PM
What has this got to do with GUFC?
Should be in off topic or world football.
It's about spending an imaginary £100 million sterling on a team in a league abroad. It upsets some people to discuss spending imaginary money in a GUFC forum!!!! Shouldn't be allowed. Down with that sort of thing.:D
Sure nobody will see it here.

stop changing the context!!...this is a competition for GUFC fans
as opposed to ''LOTTO €8.5 TONIGHT''...what had that to do with ''galway united news''....??

i put this in OFF-TOPIC on our private forum but know a lot here dont be on it so the only place to put it on here is on this page...off-topic is for everyone and i want to keep it between our fans!!.

inthestand99
23/07/2007, 5:25 PM
:ball:F..... h... lads, its only a bit of crack. Lighten up!!! Fair play Gilberto!

Terry
23/07/2007, 5:40 PM
why dont we all do it so, €50 a head, winner takes all?

gilberto_eire
23/07/2007, 5:50 PM
why dont we all do it so, €50 a head, winner takes all?

i couldnt afford €50 but would go €20 anyway...best way if we're gonna do that is we all pay it to the trust then at the end PD or whoever can give the winner the money.... i wouldnt trust anyone here to hold all the money and by paying at the end ya know everyone wont pay....best everyone pays up 1st!!.
what ya reckon?

Patrick Dunne
23/07/2007, 10:05 PM
PD would rather lick peanut butter off Ollie Daveys gonads while
simultaneously being RRS by Sean Connor :mad:

gilberto_eire
23/07/2007, 10:09 PM
PD would rather lick peanut butter off Ollie Daveys gonads while
simultaneously being RRS by Sean Connor

so the trust wouldnt hold the money in the account??:confused:....:(

that sounds like ya said you'd rather have a 3sum with the blokes??:eek:

Patrick Dunne
23/07/2007, 10:36 PM
Would a fantasy Eircom League competition not be a better idea, Gilberto ?

I am not anti-UK football, but every paper/pub/football website has some sort
of a Premiership forecast competition.

gilberto_eire
23/07/2007, 11:33 PM
ooh i would its just this is a free competition which importantly is only starting up and has an easy to access, good designed site!.
i think it would be a bit too late to start a LOI one?!...we could try something at the start of next season?!.

pixiehead
24/07/2007, 7:36 PM

I am not anti-UK football, but every paper/pub/football website has some sort
of a Premiership forecast competition.

Here Here:)

gufct
25/07/2007, 8:35 AM
Same as Pa

corbyeire
25/07/2007, 11:49 AM
instead of fantasy football which may take time etc. to set up, organise for this seasons remainder - what about a tipping comp - 1 point correct result - 3 points correct score

for the eircom for the rest of the season

just a suggestion!

exiled_gufc_fan
25/07/2007, 1:23 PM

Ah but there is one already! And there are quite a few of us from on here taking part too!

www.eldreamteam.net
(http://www.eldreamteam.net)

exiled_gufc_fan
19/11/2007, 9:55 PM
i finished the season on a fairly rubbish 602 points. here's to next season :)

JC_GUFC
20/11/2007, 5:42 PM
How are you getting on in the Fantasy League gilberto?

Are the fans causing uproar about the spoofer in charge and his diabolical signings?! ;) :p

MyTown
21/11/2007, 9:04 AM

Are the fans causing uproar about the spoofer in charge and his diabolical signings?!

:D:D:D

gufct
21/11/2007, 10:16 AM
id say there will be a vote of confidence from his chairman anyday now ;)

gilberto_eire
21/11/2007, 11:32 AM

Are the fans causing uproar about the spoofer in charge and his diabolical signings?! ;) :p

didnt do it actually!!!....not that it would be hard to top TC's performances!!;)

gilberto_eire
10/02/2008, 11:06 AM
Posted on our private forum a few weeks ago, not many bothered to read it there so decided to put it up here)

Would many here be on for a private league using eircom league players??. We could use the scoring process used in the english one, but from the point of view of how you structure your team i think trying to give all players a value would prove difficult. Maybe use the system the LOI one had last year with no more then 2 players per club allowed in your team, and you must have 4/5 subs in that too who you can change with your outfield players by notification.

Personally id be willing to take all this on myself. as long as i can find out who assisted goals(its easy to find out who scored and how long players played) the rest shouldnt be too much hassle, i presume too we'll have cameras at every ground to assit this with the new highlights programme!

We could maybe charge Ä €10-20 entry fee with prize money for the winner(and possibly runners up based on enough entrants), and maybe the trust could hold the prizemoney in the account for safe keeping(running after people asking for your prizemoney is never a good idea and trusting someone to hold it all is a bit if'fy too

Feedback would be appreciated and we can take it from there if theres enough interest!

exiled_gufc_fan
11/02/2008, 5:48 AM
We could maybe charge Ä €10-20 entry fee with prize money for the winner(and possibly runners up based on enough entrants), and maybe the trust could hold the prizemoney in the account for safe keeping(running after people asking for your prizemoney is never a good idea and trusting someone to hold it all is a bit if'fy too

Feedback would be appreciated and we can take it from there if theres enough interest!

This sounds similar to how EL Dream Team worked last season and which is back for 2008:

http://www.eldreamteam.net/default.aspx

gilberto_eire
11/02/2008, 12:56 PM
This sounds similar to how EL Dream Team worked last season and which is back for 2008:

http://www.eldreamteam.net/default.aspx

I know that, just want to try get (as previously mentioned) a private league just amonst ourselves!!