PDA

View Full Version : 21s beat KK

gael353
21/07/2007, 10:58 PM
The 21s beat a good Kilkenny side sunday morning 6 2. Clarke got a hat trick, Brazier, Tierney and someone else got the other as i was busy bringing in our new turnstyles into the ground.

tetsujin1979
22/07/2007, 12:54 AM
The 21s beat a good Kilkenny side sunday morning 6 2. Clarke got a hat trick, Brazier, Tierney and someone else got the other as i was busy bringing in our new turnstyles into the ground.
I was there too, it was Clarke with the other, and 4 for the game (including a penalty)
To be honest, I felt the 6-2 goal scoreline did flatter Limerick somewhat, out of about 9 shots on target, 6 went in, while Kilkenny missed at least 3 more fantastic chances to score.
That's not to take anything away from the team, especially the left full (sorry, most names escape me) and number 4 in central defence, and of course, Shane Clarke up front.
Did the final goal, which was hit after the ref had blown once for full time, but before the last 2 blows of the whistle, definitely not count so?

KevB76
22/07/2007, 11:24 AM
Did the final goal, which was hit after the ref had blown once for full time, but before the last 2 blows of the whistle, definitely not count so?

I thought that was the 6th - open to correction though, I missed the first ten minutes might have missed a goal. I thought Donie Curtin scored one with a bullet shot from just outside the area in first half - or did someone else claim it from a deflection? Some great goals too, our best I thought was a precisely placed effort rolled into the bottom left corner for our 5th (or 6th?). Goal of the match for me though was the second for Kilkenny. Anyways another brilliant result form our lads - well done :ball: