PDA

View Full Version : how bad was that

geezer
20/07/2007, 9:15 PM
There is something seriously wrong in that squad, the efforts at passing are woeful the fonging and hoofing is becoming an insult to fans. a trend is developing on any signings, who is scouting someone said it was the the managers brother my grandmother would pick better, id love to know who watched brinias before he was signed and subsequently let go. excuses are beginning to be trotted out like injuries and tight budgets for heavens sake is it too much to ask to chalenge players to go out and take on opposition on your home turf and give them a game. That Bray side had a lot of very young players with them and we deserved what we got tonight ..zilch

KoemansCC
20/07/2007, 9:21 PM
Exactly, we deserved nothing from the game, even though we had a few chances near the end. There is absolutely no plan B when the hoofing and long balls don't work, how many headers did we win when the ball was launched forward NONE...fair enough the lads up front are not the tallest but we didn't even win the second ball....:mad:

manofthemoment
20/07/2007, 10:03 PM
At least in Shligo we had the bit of 'Argy Bargy' to entertain us. The new stand is going to look like a white elephant if things don't improve. Never so bored in my life. Be hard to motivate myself for the Waterford game

Torn-Ado
20/07/2007, 10:08 PM
Only managed to catch the result.

This is ridiculous in all fairness.

:(

Tribalhooie
21/07/2007, 8:40 AM
going by last nites horror show there was not many of the 11 so called "professional players" we have seemed to give a sh.. about playing with a bit of passion. i am going into the bookies to see what price i can get on gufc not winning a home game all season. the way they are playing it seems like a very good bet. on the other hand i thought lester had one of his better games. substitutions seemed bizzar. losing a game and taking off our striker who was actually winning headers and leaving on barry and phillip. could have put derek on the right instead of barry and taken off phillip and gone 3 at the back.

corbyeire
21/07/2007, 9:33 AM
theres no leadership - no plan - no passion

all tired with 20mins to go

play people in their positions for starters

would the midfield show for a short pass

awful stuff - boring hoofball

Tribesman
21/07/2007, 1:17 PM
Absolute shambles, the goal we gave away would have embarrassed the u10's that were playing at half-time.

Is a full time set up working for us, have we improved, not much by last night's dire peformance.

We need leadership on the pitch desparately from those that are playing.

We are missing several players and I think they will make a difference when they return, so all is not lost.

geezer
21/07/2007, 1:30 PM
could count on one hand the amount of times rogers threw the ball to any of the full backs. The Terryland surface was exquisite last night and we may have well being playing in the swamp. Its back to basics, learn how to pass a ball to each other, retain possesion for more than 3 passes and as for a quick 1,2 that seems well beyond most of the players on this team. Its worrying how players are being drafted straight into the first11 on someones advice. Every player thats signed is supposed to be the business and I cant see it. You cant tell me that fagan is better than fortune I couldnt see him for mad long spells last night. I hope the rookie manager and rookie assistant arent panicking?. at one stage we were awarded a corner in the second half before they scored and instructions were givin to murphy and moran to go back and join 2 of our backs on the half way. 4 backs while we were awarded a corner at home and a lone bray striker on the half way? madness. add that up it means 10 bray versus 5 galway in the box shag all chance of scoring there. 4defenders a goalie and the lad taken the corner is 6 galway lads that wont be scoring for that corner

GuisaSaigon
21/07/2007, 3:28 PM
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH its time for one or two of the more senior players to stand up and be counted, it's a shame that in a season where we have sold more season tickets than ever before, home fans have been served up that crap every second week. SORT IT OUT!

KoemansCC
21/07/2007, 4:01 PM
Its as if most of the players have never even met each other before, they are just not doing the basics right (maybe they were coached out of them). Compare the football this season to last, there is no comparison. Last season the ball was played and the ground with some skill and idea albeit against lower opposition, this season seems the opposite. The whole game is like the last 5 minutes of a cup game being down a goal and hoofing the ball forward hoping for an equaliser. As kdjac posted on another forum no one can believe how we are not winning after we slaughtered Pats (his words not mine).

Its time to go back to basics lads, short passes to each other, showing for the ball and a bit of leadership/effort FFS (Wes is no captain)...I know most fans would appreciate that at least and it's the least we deserve...the reactions have been positive so far but things could change after the Waterford game which is now a 6 pointer.

Saying that O'Flynn should make a difference when he returns as Glynny has been missing his presence...all is not lost :confused:

JC_GUFC
21/07/2007, 10:54 PM
Terrible result, can't comment on the performance as I wasn't there but it sounds like more of the same ****e.

A win over Bray would have put us above them and set us up for the rest of the season reaching mid-table.

As it is now it looks like ourselves, Waterford and UCD are going to be in a battle to avoid the playoff. It's not the worst situation as we were never going to do anything in the league but our squad with the resources being put into it should be performing better.

Time for the excuses to stop and the results to start.

feo123
22/07/2007, 11:27 PM
Cant see why ye can go to sligo, cork, bohs and a few and get points in tough away games and beat st pats aswell and just be so poor at home. have ye won a home game yet lads? is there much pressure on the players from the crowd?

Tir Oilean
23/07/2007, 9:01 AM
Wes isnt a Captain, said it months ago. The team doesnt pick itself. New signings this season; Brinias, gone, James, gone, Regi, good signing, Glynn, good signing, Fagan, Robson too new to comment but not impressed so far, Lester, mediocre, Tracey great prospect not seen him play in ages despite the trouble on the left, Rogers, woeful kick outs but good shot stopper. Last years player of the year Foley out the transfer list was havin a great season till dropped due to a weight penalty yet I can think of a few others who ate all the pies. There is one common denomiator.

gufct
23/07/2007, 9:52 AM
where did the story about Ciaran being dropped over weight problems come as the only place I have heard it is on here.