PDA

View Full Version : Mooney or Devine

Colm
27/03/2003, 2:03 PM
It's probably safe to assume that Devine will hold on to the #1 spot but who would you rather be our first choice keeper?

Shed End John
27/03/2003, 2:24 PM
Originally posted by Colm
It's probably safe to assume that Devine will hold on to the #1 spot but who would you rather be our first choice keeper?

I gave my vote to Devine. He's the #1 keeper at the moment, and like it or lump it, Mooney will have to prove he's worthy of getting the nod. Not sure how Mooney's legal affairs will affect his performance either.

Colm
27/03/2003, 2:28 PM
Mooney, Mooney, Mooney....:)

Shed End John
27/03/2003, 2:42 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Mooney, Mooney, Mooney....:)

I know where you're coming from, I personally have a preference for Mooney, but, until he's proved himself to Dolan, we have to be realistic and say that Mickey will keep his place.

Ruairi
27/03/2003, 3:41 PM
Boing boing boing boing.... :D

Shed End John
27/03/2003, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
Boing boing boing boing.... :D

HAHAHAHA. I like it. That's probably the greatest pity about Mooney not getting his game, we haven't had a chance to sing that one in AGES. Maybe sometime this season, who knows?

Real ale Madrid
27/03/2003, 4:42 PM
Devine was fantastic for the first part of last season. But was not as good from then on. That howler at home to Longford springs to mind. But he inspires me with much more confidence than Mooney. Great craic and all that Mooney is!

I believe in Mooney.....where u from......u sexy thing!!!!!!!!

James
27/03/2003, 4:53 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
we haven't had a chance to sing that one in AGES. Maybe sometime this season, who knows?

well we had plenty of chances to sing it this year shed
limerick
rockmount

Shed End John
27/03/2003, 4:55 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
Devine was fantastic for the first part of last season. But was not as good from then on.

Wonder how much having to play under Gunther had to do with that? At least with the new manager, it's a clean slate all round, and hopefully, we'll see City nearer their best this season.

Gary
27/03/2003, 5:29 PM
Mooney is a pale shadow of his former self. He was atrocious agianst Rockmount. Id hate to see what he would be like against Crowe or even Ollie Cahill etc.

IMO, McNulty should be promoted to number 2.

Colm
27/03/2003, 5:33 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Mooney is a pale shadow of his former self. He was atrocious agianst Rockmount. You can't judge him on one game. Devine had one or two terrible games last season and you weren't saying that he's a pale shadow of his former self.

thecorner
27/03/2003, 8:45 PM
judging on last season, devine will have to start as no.1. its upto mooney to take his chance if he gets one

but for now..devine

Badweather Fan
27/03/2003, 11:20 PM
A lot closer than i expected.
I voted Devine.
Its always hard how to assess how your sub keeper is doing.

Ali
29/03/2003, 9:57 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
Devine was fantastic for the first part of last season. But was not as good from then on. That howler at home to Longford springs to mind. But he inspires me with much more confidence than Mooney.

You cant judge a whole season on one performence.[still remember Dalymount in Aug MAGIC]. Every goalie in the world has messed up at LEAST once. It was also pretty obivious that he didn't get on with Murphy.Devine is also a great presence always roaring and shouting encouragement. Rochestown last week was a perfect example of this.