PDA

View Full Version : Kildare County Preview

Magicme
20/07/2007, 10:36 AM
Monaghan United FC go to Station Road, Newbridge in the FAI eircom League of Ireland in search of 3 points to consolidate their recent run of form. United picked up 3 points against Wexford last Friday and had played well despite losing against Limerick 37 the previous week.

United last visited Kildare County on St Patrick’s Day where they played out a 1-1 draw in atrocious weather and were very disappointed with their performance when Kildare came to Kingspan Century Park and beat the home team 3-1.

Kildare may well be a bit rusty having had their match against Shelbourne called off last weekend due to a waterlogged pitch and their last FAI eircom League of Ireland game was a 2 nil defeat at the hands of Dundalk. This may provide the opportunity Mick Cooke & his team need to advance in the table and close the gap between Monaghan and Kildare County to 1 point.

LIST OF INJURIES AND SUSPENSIONS:

No Suspensions

Injuries:

Cian Mackey (Knee)

MANAGER QUOTES:

“As always I am looking forward to going to Kildare and know that they will give us a good competitive game. I know they will be looking for the 3 points from this game having beaten us already this season, but we have started to find our feet and going on recent form, it is anybody’s game.”

“I have been looking at some new players and hope to sign 2-3 over the coming days to bolster our squad and help us to move up the table.”

LAST FIVE RESULTS:

July 13th Monaghan Utd 2-0 Wexford Youths

July 6th Monaghan Utd 0-1 Limerick 37

June 30th Cobh Ramblers 3-0 Monaghan Utd

June 26th Athlone Town 0-0 Monaghan Utd

June 22nd Monaghan Utd 4-0 Shelbourne

NEXT FIVE FIXTURES:

July 21st Kildare County – v – Monaghan United

July 27th Monaghan Utd – v – Kilkenny City

July 31st Finn Harps – v- Monaghan United

Aug 3rd Monaghan Utd – v – Dundalk

Aug 10th Shelbourne – v- Monaghan Utd