PDA

View Full Version : Last nights press release!

gael353
26/03/2003, 2:00 PM
Well myself, slk, johnd and some guy from waterford went along to the pike field last night to see the plans and to hear the blarb on our new plans for another new stadium in yet another part of Limerick, our 4th in 20 years. On arriving i noticed that half of the committe were outside and telling me 'what the **** are we doing here Trev? this place is a dump, is your car inside the gate is it?' A nameless committee member remarked this is a joke, same shagging plans as they came up with 5 years ago for Rathbane. He then went on to say that Limerick city council had a meeting about us and they couldn't see why we couldn't wait for the markets field! (eh licencing perhaps)
anyhow on into the bar....cute girl working there, tried in vain to get her into the photos for the papers but ****** stuck with the lads again. 'WE OWN THIS NINE ACRES" The plans though are very very like Rathbane and yea a copy and paste job would appear to have been done. As myself and slk pointed out on this mb some weeks ago the scope for development is very limited. Three terraces the biggest being the size of the old shed in Rathbane, and one stand idea robbed from Sligo Rovers. "WE OWN THIS NINE ACRES" About this stand by the way, very unambitious. No levitation in it at all so if i was sitting behind you im not going to see the game. A very poor effort at best. But we were there as supporters to show our support and thats what we did. I got figures from the commercial manager which look a bit bloated to me but hea hes gotta find it somewhere. "WE OWN THIS NINE ACRES" The deal is for one year, Limerick pay a nominal fee but nothing near what they were paying the scum last year. Limerick had the immpression that the deal was bankrolled by the FAI, but when the chairman of Pike spoke he said it was "for them to come up with the goods" them being Limerick. "WE OWN THIS NINE ACRES"
Questions from the floor...........Matirix styled man from Pike....(there very own minie o'halloran) "Who's the boss?
Chair: what do you mean
Matrix: who is the boss i mean you'll (chairman of pike) always be the boss to me. sob sniff!
Chair: Ok thanks for that matrix!
Matrix; answer my question!
Chairman of pike rant.....
Matrix blubbreing drunken stuper rant....
sit down you f*%ker! (Limerick fc fans en mass)
"WE OWN THIS NINE ACRES"
Chairman of Limerick FC: i'd like to answer that question...
Matrix: i didnt ask you!
SLK, GAEL353, JOHND and some guy from waterford were in knots! :p

Ahh well the car was there and we went home! distant noise from the bar: "we own these nine acres" :rolleyes:

sadloserkid
26/03/2003, 2:05 PM
Some guy from Waterford? Must have missed him! :D

BTW gael, your best post ever - congrats!

sadloserkid
26/03/2003, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by gael353
SLK, GAEL353, JOHND and some guy from waterford were in knots! :p

I also passed some comments on Matrix guys coat! I was offensive (quite rude in fact) for Limerick FC! :cool:

JohnD
26/03/2003, 3:22 PM
Brilliant but frightenly accurate. That Guy was bizzare. BTW spoke with Micahel O'halloran afterwards and told him about Mon night meeting. He knew nothing about it ????. Surely the Chair should know what the Commercial Manager is at:confused:

sadloserkid
26/03/2003, 3:23 PM
As we said there's a split in the committee...

deise deserter
28/03/2003, 8:02 AM
Gael 353: I have embraced Limerick as my new home (even on the cencus I live in Limerick!!) where as you, YOU have abandoned it for the chins on Clare!!!:p

sadloserkid
28/03/2003, 8:17 AM
That may be so but your birth cert will always say Waterford!!! ;)

deise deserter
28/03/2003, 10:22 PM
LOL really LOL!!!!! :p
Or should I say BTW!!!! :D