PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Opposition Fans Chant

Pages : [1] 2

galwayhoop
19/07/2007, 12:36 PM
just wondering if anyone has heard any really funny chants from opposition supporters (lets try and keep this light hearted) .....

sfc red
19/07/2007, 12:54 PM
"We hate Rovers more than you" - L37 fans to us in Jackman Park.

pp-me
19/07/2007, 1:00 PM
Stand up for the tractor boys hehe
4 wen longford visit:p:p:p

L37Ultra
19/07/2007, 2:21 PM

Classic :D :D

Peadar
19/07/2007, 2:27 PM

Why would the fans of a brand new club, playing in the first division, have any reason to hate Shamrock, who play in a division above them!? :confused:
Have the two clubs ever even played each other?

Not sure about a chant, but the Pats banner at a City game, which read, "If you can read this, you're not from Cork", was one of the classics.

green army
19/07/2007, 2:32 PM
derry fans a few weeks ago in richmond park singing about the cup final last december:

1nil and you fcuked it up
2-1 and you fcuked it up
3-2 and you fcuked it up
4-3 and we won the cup.

sfc red
19/07/2007, 2:32 PM
Why would the fans of a brand new club, playing in the first division, have any reason to hate Shamrock, who play in a division above them!? :confused:
Have the two clubs ever even played each other?.

Exactly. Stab City Franchise, you're just a Stab City Franchise....

jebus
19/07/2007, 2:42 PM

Oh the Cork wit is out in force :rolleyes:

showgies
19/07/2007, 2:43 PM
"We're gonna win the League".............Bohs Fans

GavinZac
19/07/2007, 3:09 PM
"sheep shagging *******s" - Djurgarden fans to Cork City fans, in English

LeixlipRed
19/07/2007, 3:14 PM

It's good to know they did proper research on that one :D

Pablo
19/07/2007, 3:16 PM

"shels are going up"

Hilarious chant!

gufcfan
19/07/2007, 3:17 PM

I think it may have been some expats that passed on their wisdom to the scandanavians

gufcfan
19/07/2007, 3:17 PM
"shels are going up"

Hilarious chant!

now thats funny!

sfc red
19/07/2007, 3:19 PM
Later changed to "Shels are staying put" :cool:

LeixlipRed
19/07/2007, 3:21 PM
"shels are going up"

Hilarious chant!

Jesus, Pablo I was taking the mickey. No need to bring that embarassing chant up :p

Demoshield
19/07/2007, 3:22 PM
Going Up Going Up Going Up
Dundalk fans after beating Galway Utd in Terryland last season!!:);)

WeAreRovers
19/07/2007, 3:27 PM

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7012/stockholm028jf4.jpg

KOH

LeixlipRed
19/07/2007, 3:28 PM
City of Dorks?? (ducks as that one flies over head)

Peadar
19/07/2007, 3:29 PM

KOH

How embarrassing!
Non US people, using the word "dork"! :(

micls
19/07/2007, 3:31 PM
The lot of us were bent over laughing when we saw it :D

sfc red
19/07/2007, 3:38 PM
Funniest banner was in Oriel Park this season: "Welcome to Hell"

WTF? It's Oriel Park, hardly the most partisan and intimidating of European venues. It was held up very sheepishly too for about 10 seconds before being taken down when everyone was laughing at them!

CJTheGull
19/07/2007, 3:38 PM
I think the 'Cork city of Dorks' would go down as hilarious banter in an episode of Friends or maybe in north-western Utah but other than that I'm afraid our northern European cousins failed in their of attempted witty banner. Don't think I have heard anyone use the word 'Dork' in quite a few years and even that was on an episode of Red Dwarf in 1991.

swano
19/07/2007, 3:45 PM
"does your donut know you're here" sung to the gardai in Longford as 50 of them sat around scratching there arses.

sfc red
19/07/2007, 3:46 PM
"does your donut know you're here" sung to the gardai in Longford as 50 of them sat around scratching there arses.

Brilliant :D

John83
19/07/2007, 3:47 PM

KOH
Lame. :rolleyes:

Peadar
19/07/2007, 3:58 PM
At the first game of season Rovers fans sang at Galway "Down like bearing you're going down like Bearings" Thought it was a decent attempt

How is it that everyone else managed to stick to the thread title and refer to a chant sung at them, by opposition fans, not one that attempts to portray their own fans as being funny! :rolleyes:

don ramo
19/07/2007, 4:06 PM
michael gunineys over there:D, cobh to city,

wheres your famous jason byrne:D, cobh to shels

don't listen to other fans chants, anyone got one against us, looking at limerick here:D

jebus
19/07/2007, 4:10 PM
don't listen to other fans chants, anyone got one against us, looking at limerick here:D

Our garden shed is better than that
Our garden shed is better than that
It has a roof, and a window
Our garden shed is better than that whilst pointing at your new superstand :p

Sadly I only got a few of us to join in on this one

sfc red
19/07/2007, 4:16 PM

wheres your famous jason byrne:D, cobh to shels

(1) You were supposed to post about oppostion fans' chants.

(2) That's not funny at all! Especially in a feckin' Cork accent.

jebus
19/07/2007, 4:19 PM
Honestly though I can rarely hear the opposition fans, whether we're home or away, and when I do it's usual along the lines 'Stab City rejects', which is pretty lame to be honest

WeAreRovers
19/07/2007, 4:22 PM
How embarrassing!
Non US people, using the word "dork"! :(

Have you ever met a Swede? A) They don't do humour and B) They learn most of their English from TV - that's why they all sound like extras in Beverly Hills 90210.

KOH

LeixlipRed
19/07/2007, 4:22 PM
Honestly though I can rarely hear the opposition fans, whether we're home or away, and when I do it's usual along the lines 'Stab City rejects', which is pretty lame to be honest

Yeh it's rubbish. But our kids love to sing it. Takes away from the depression of their own lives i suppose :D

Buller
19/07/2007, 4:42 PM
Okay I know It's not opposition fans but I don't think any Galway fan has said it yet....
Rovers to Galway: "You're only here to drink the water, here to drink the water!"
And when a galway player went down injured and the physio came on someone shouted: "All he wants is some water!!!"
Classic.

A Phoenix
19/07/2007, 5:21 PM
There’s been a lot of water ones in Galway this year, but my favourite was from Pat’s who sang “You’ve got dirty water in your taps” to the air of a HYMN!

Lim till i die
19/07/2007, 5:29 PM

LOCK THE THREAD!!

No matter how funny a chant appears it's going to be nowhere near as funny as this wonderful piece of wit from Peadar.

I see what you did there you clever little scamp. GENIUS

Post of the Year

Anyhoo, the Shels lads "That's why we're Champions" after going 2-1 up at Jackman raised a smile out of me :)

joema
19/07/2007, 5:37 PM
How is it that everyone else managed to stick to the thread title and refer to a chant sung at them, by opposition fans, not one that attempts to portray their own fans as being funny! :rolleyes:

Jaysus, its very easy to upset some people isn't it?!

Aaron
19/07/2007, 6:05 PM
I always found "Whats it likle to have a queen" quite amusing

Linfields to us was funny, "DCFC AHA AHA AHA, AHA AHA AHA!!":D

Kildare Lad
19/07/2007, 10:28 PM
My favourite one ever was when we chanted "Limerick fans are homosexual, their so gay its unbelievable", their reply was "your too ugly, your too ugly, your too ugly to be gay!"

Hahaha brilliant!

sadloserkid
20/07/2007, 1:19 AM
My favourite one ever was when we chanted "Limerick fans are homosexual, their so gay its unbelievable", their reply was "your too ugly, your too ugly, your too ugly to be gay!"

Hahaha brilliant!

We stole it from Brighton though. :D

desaintsno.12
20/07/2007, 7:29 AM
derry fans a few weeks ago in richmond park singing about the cup final last december:

2-1 and you fcuked it up
3-2 and you fcuked it up
4-3 and we won the cup.

have to say i thought this was painfull, yet very very funny

bellavistaman
20/07/2007, 8:19 AM
quite enjoyed lim fans singing were going to win the league!!

Steve Bruce
20/07/2007, 8:42 AM

Linfields to us was funny, "DCFC AHA AHA AHA, AHA AHA AHA!!"

I remember that night very well. Some Derry City fan didn't take to it very well and got carried out:D

That was some night:)

Another funny Linfield chant towards Glentoran, when we beat them last season to effectively(but not officially) to win the IL. It was a sunny day and we where at the Oval. As many people would know their is massive grass banks behind the Glentoran goal.

Linfield where winning 2 nil and the Glenmen where lieing on the grass in the blazing heat. The Linfield support belted out "your only here for a sun tan"

It was a lot funnier as it happened than it is typing it now. But it was a great day to.:cool:

Sunny Jim
20/07/2007, 8:47 AM
Shels fans in Wexford, to Pat Dolan (I think!): "You're just a fat Michael Jackson"

Bluebeard
20/07/2007, 8:48 AM
From about 15 years ago in the RSC, we were at home to Bray in the annual end of season relegation dogfight. We were trying to avoid the play-off (one we ultimately lost). I think that Bray were gone, and Sligo were on the way out.

After a bit of dodgy defending on their part, our lot started up a witty and original chat of "You're going down with Sligo!"

We conceeded a sloppy goal (what other sort are there in relegation dogfights).

Bray started up a chant of "You're going down with Sligo".

I can laugh about it now, but at the time I didn't see the funny side of it.

Raheny Red
20/07/2007, 9:48 AM
"shels are going up"

Hilarious chant!

It's a **** take :rolleyes:

Peadar
20/07/2007, 9:59 AM

Did you like, "Your next Queen is Camila Parker Bowles, Camila Parker Bowles, Camila Parker Bowles ..." :D

bohsmug
20/07/2007, 11:00 AM

:D

Although to restore normal Rovers-slagging service I thought the water one wasn't all that good.:p

This thread is slowly but surely turning into bragging about your own fans wit but that was always going to happen.

My personal favourite "We're sh*t but my gosh don't we know it" sung by us last year. Least of all because I got to say "gosh" in a football chant.

Midgit
20/07/2007, 11:07 AM
Longfords song "The eircom league is upside down......." Stupid song, but when we heard them sing it we just had to laugh.

TonyD
20/07/2007, 12:31 PM

2-1 and you fcuked it up
3-2 and you fcuked it up
4-3 and we won the cup.

I have to admit, that did at least show a little imagination. "10 Nil to the Refugees" was quite good in it's day too (I'll grudgingly admit). Neither of them REMOTELY funny of course:mad: