PDA

View Full Version : Turners Cross

Ali-G
26/03/2003, 1:13 PM
Does anyone know if there has been any work done on the Cross during the close season, other than the work on the playing surface.
When will the shed be torn down?
When will the roof on the St. Anne's End begin? During the season?
Has the home-dressing room door been widened?

ian
26/03/2003, 2:46 PM
YA noelle was painting the doors of the dressing room last week.As for the shed it is not coming down Until next year 2004.As for the door it has not been widened as for the St annes end that will not start till next season 2004-05.:cool: :cool:

Shed End John
27/03/2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by eian
As for the shed it is not coming down Until next year 2004.As for the door it has not been widened as for the St annes end that will not start till next season 2004-05.:cool: :cool:

Does that mean so that all the singers are staying in the Shed/Derrynane corner for the season??

SÓC
27/03/2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Does that mean so that all the singers are staying in the Shed/Derrynane corner for the season??

Id say everyone should stay in the Shed til they rip it down, the Derrynane Corner isnt very partical especially since the a lot of the singers like to drink at half time and up seconds before kickoff.

Give the Shed one last season then rip the kip down.

yan
27/03/2003, 12:43 PM
i agree,

lets give the shed a year to remember, over the years how many points has the shed won us, i know all the little children can be annoying but for the sake of 1 more season lets try and stick it out, we owe it that, the players love playing into the shed as u can see from there celebrations in front of it last season

come on city

Shed End John
27/03/2003, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Give the Shed one last season then rip the kip down.

I'm with you there in principle, but, it's not as if we can go against the flow. If most of the singers are upping to the Derrynane corner, then the Shed won't be much of a laugh for those that are left.

Colm
27/03/2003, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
If most of the singers are upping to the Derrynane corner We are SEJ, Derrynane end it is.

There's no reason that you have to go with the flow though SEJ, you'd have to change your username for a start and things like that could cause you a lot of emotional turmoil. Do you really want to go through that??? If ya do, then we'll see ya down by the corner/derrynane end at the pats game.:)

Shed End John
27/03/2003, 2:46 PM
Originally posted by Colm
There's no reason that you have to go with the flow though SEJ, you'd have to change your username for a start and things like that could cause you a lot of emotional turmoil. Do you really want to go through that??? If ya do, then we'll see ya down by the corner/derrynane end at the pats game.:)

Funny man, aren't you?:) No, my username will stay the same (to remind me of all the good times I had in the Shed). I'll be in the corner/Derrynane as vocal as ever on the 12th (Jesus, I'm making it sound like Orange Day:D ), see ye all there!!

SÓC
27/03/2003, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by Colm
We are SEJ, Derrynane end it is.

I think its a good idea to an extent BUT people come into the ground and sit down there while singers are in the pub oiling the throats. The seats will be gone by the time the singers get in.

Shed End John
27/03/2003, 3:13 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
I The seats will be gone by the time the singers get in.

Which is why we should take our seats at around 4:30, at the latest. Besides, after a few games, people will get to know where the singers sit and those seats will be left well alone.

Snatch
27/03/2003, 6:01 PM
I think the Shed should mean more to City fans than to let little scuts take it over for its last year.

Rather than consigning it to history already, there should be a conserted effort to give a decent sending off.

i predict that come the end of the season when it sinks in the the Shed has only a few matches left that people will begin to get sentimental and will return to it. We should return to it now and enjoy it while it lasts.

A face
27/03/2003, 6:33 PM
Go where eveyone is singing

If it is the shed ... stay there

If not

Sod it !! Simple really

ian
28/03/2003, 12:04 PM
Lads lets give it a try in the corner and let the fans see if it works in the derrynane side because it would be good for the first game of the season if it works it works if not at least we gave it a shot.the fans can go any part of the ground if they want to at the end of the day just once there is a good crack at the game and city get the 3 points and we are of to a good start.:cool: :cool:

A face
28/03/2003, 1:28 PM
yeah ... fair play ..... singers corner it is.

Basically it will be people who want to create an atmosphere will be there and if not they'll stay in the shed and complain or whatever they normally do (you know what i mean)

Full voice for the first game of the season.

Colm
28/03/2003, 5:07 PM
Originally posted by A face
Basically it will be people who want to create an atmosphere will be there and if not they'll stay in the shed and complain or whatever they normally do (you know what i mean)

Shed or Corner, it doesn't matter, go where you think the best atmosphere will be.

As it stands I'm fairly sure that there will be a much better atmosphere down by the corner derrynane side.

Let's give it a go, create a good atmosphere and put on a memorable show for the cameras.

dahamsta
28/03/2003, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by Ali-G
Has the home-dressing room door been widened? So... many... jokes...