PDA

View Full Version : Galway accomodation...

half_full
18/07/2007, 5:45 PM
Right lads, a few of us were thinking of heading up for our match in a couple of weeks, is there any cheapish (and decent) accomodation ye could recommend?

Demoshield
18/07/2007, 6:19 PM
Sorry Lads
Race week in Galway & Bank holiday w/e. Wouldn't hold out much hope of finding any kind of accomodation in Galway. Even if you do it certainly won't be cheap.

gufcfan
18/07/2007, 6:28 PM
id say if there's a supporters bus come up on it, and go back home on it again.

Normally of a friday night it would be grand to get a place if you booked in advance, not galway race week tho. i had some friends who were stuck for a place in galway city last month on a friday night as they didnt pre-book anything they started looking at 8pm and didnt get anything till after 2am and it was a kip.

This water stuff impacting on tourism in galway is a load of bull5hit

Terry
18/07/2007, 7:31 PM
The best I could think off that would be cheap would be hostels, as they wouldnt be the type of places that would be holding people that are in galway at that time of year. Someone could correct me if Im wrong, but I think the best place would then be sleepzone (I think the name is?). Its 2 minutes walk from eyre square and 10 minutes walk for terryland.

GuisaSaigon
18/07/2007, 7:32 PM
http://www.sleepzone.ie/

Paddyfield
18/07/2007, 8:24 PM
Try this... www.irelandwest.ie

half_full
18/07/2007, 9:07 PM
Thanks, the race week is a bit of a problem allright:(

Have had a look at some of the hostels, barnacles? and sleepzone...seems ok but then again you get what you pay for don't you?:o

SolitudeRed
18/07/2007, 9:59 PM
How about Corrib village I managed to book a room for a couple of nights there last year during the arts festival at very short notice! It was pretty cheap as well 15 euro a night. Plus its about a 15 minute walk from Terryland!

half_full
18/07/2007, 10:26 PM
How about Corrib village I managed to book a room for a couple of nights there last year during the arts festival at very short notice! It was pretty cheap as well 15 euro a night. Plus its about a 15 minute walk from Terryland!

happy days, il give them a ring

SolitudeRed
18/07/2007, 10:33 PM
Aye I think you have to book it online at their website, well thats how I did it anyway! bear in mind during the year its student accomodation for NUIG students so the rooms are very much bog standard! but the buildings are all quite modern and as I said cheap!

gufcfan
19/07/2007, 1:34 AM
If you go for sleepzone or corrib village u need to do it asap